1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not sure

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Norway, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Norway

Norway Well-Known Member

I’m sorry in a daft sort of way, that Bruce had to be sacked, he should have done the honorable thing and offered his resignation weeks ago. But agree he had to go!

Who should manage this club, my club, our club? I don’t know. All I know is that I want someone who can lift the gloom, get results, make me proud.

Of the three managers that seem to be (most) peoples favorites for the job
    Mark Hughes
    David Moyes
    Martin O’Neill
    The first two have managed clubs with low budgets (city excepted for Hughes), and have done so quite well without setting the world alight. Martin O’Neill has on paper had the most success, and bought some decent players, but has had a fair amount of money.

Each one will have his good points and bad. I just don’t know enough about any of them, except Cest’s well documented love affair with MON, to decide.

I’m just pleased it’s not my decision to make.

Could have put this on an existing thread, but wanted to give you guys a chance to put reasons why you want or don’t want a particular manager. Cest, I’ll take your reasons as read, and very good reading they were.

2. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

TBH I would be happy with any of them, dont think Moyes is in the running so its one from two.

I prefer Hughes but cant say why, just gut feeling so if its O'Neil I wont be sad. Just want it done quickly

3. butcher58

butcher58 Well-Known Member

I think overall Mon would have a bigger impact than Hughes because he seems to have more character and can be a bit more contraversial.

4. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

This: MON has an enthusiasm about him that Hughes lacks, but as Syd has already said, the sooner the manager is in place the better, whoever he may be.

5. Uni_Mackem_MAHons

Uni_Mackem_MAHons Active Member

Mark hughes just doesnt 'grab' me in the way MoN does. Idk why, I think its because MoN has won stuff and has a bit more experience.

6. parkersafc

parkersafc Active Member

MON is the outstanding candidate imo he has a proven track record at clubs like ours. Id take him ahead of Hiddink, Ancellotti, Rafa or any of others mentioned