1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nottingham........

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Redprintt, Oct 9, 2020.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Yea ans Elvis is alive and well running a chip shop in Rochdale.<laugh>

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Look up the definition of mainstream news me old mate!! Plus I never said it was fact, just unlikely and enough proof out there for me to consider :emoticon-0148-yes:.................You keep trying to catch me out Rod, deep down I think you know I have a point..:emoticon-0103-cool:
    Like with these vaccines, figures such as "tested on 43000 volunteers and 90+% effective.....now that looks quite impressive, which is what they want you to see. but if in the same large print it said only 94 of them had tested positive, your mindset would not be so impressed...... MISLEADING? or are you happy out there with your arm out hoping for a little a prick <laugh><laugh><laugh>

3. oneforthebristolcity

If you say so Rob.................I mean..........you are the expert and always right.<laugh><laugh><laugh>

4. oneforthebristolcity

I think there are a few Elvis's alive around the world and maybe one of them is running a chip shop in Rochdale.....who knows!! :emoticon-0137-clapp

remembergou and BCFCRob like this.
  5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

True - they all meet up every year in Porthcawl the on last weekend of September for the festival (not this year though <doh>).

6. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0100-smile :emoticon-0105-wink: had to have a :emoticon-0136-giggl

BCFCRob likes this.
  7. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

1For.
    Concerned you won't have a jab.
    All medicines, even the ones that treat Covid, go through umpteen trials and tests.
    If you get Covid through not having a vaccine do you think it right that you avail yourself of hospital care.

8. oneforthebristolcity

Not at all RP.....You could say that to people that are obese, smoke or jump cliffs TBF
    I've only ever twice consented to any vaccine, TB at school & hepatitis, for travels.
    Never had a flu jab and don't want one.
    I will if I'm prevented to travel without it..

9. realred1952

these vaccines have not had the full works … one of the bio med shares I have in 2014 had a vaccine awaiting final leg safety reports final trial of side effects etc they did the final trial in Georgia... something like 400 cases … 1 month before coming on stream 2016 2 years later! patients developed bad side effects it was stopped shares dropped from 66p to 0.005p in less than 2 weeks …. 8 years of work STOPPED, it is still being worked on ….
    COVID has been developed tested and is now up for being passed in less than 6 months!
    What a disaster should it go wrong!!
    as stated my first ever flu jab this year …. and pretty much because of my wifes illness if I was truthful to save her from stress and worry....

10. Redprintt

I was thinking of people like my daughter currently shielding.
    Obese folk who come in contact with her won't threaten her life.
    Folk who refrain from a Covid jab might well do.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.

11. realred1952

as someone shielding they will be amongst first on the list even with a covid no guarantee they wont carry it
    my daughter is in house with 2 infected son in law grand son Daughter and middle grand child have both had symptoms, first grandchild none but all 4 were tested 3 days after son in law DAUGHTER AND MID GC had symptoms at time of test.. she now reckons she can mix with Father in law [ other related family members ] who was positive same time as my son in law! …………. I don't think it works that way?

12. oneforthebristolcity

Those on the front line & with underlying health conditions and over a certain age will be the first to receive it, so shouldn't be any worries there..
    I believe that even if you have the vaccine you can still spread the virus, so I Imagine I wouldn't be a threat to the likes of people shielding..

13. Redprintt

Hope you're right.

14. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that? Not disputing it, I’m not sure myself, but surely if you have the vaccine the only way you can spread it is physically (I.e. on your hands), and not ‘internally’?

15. oneforthebristolcity

Not 100% known yet apparently as not enough tests done.
    I've read that it depends how good the vaccine available is..only if it totally protects you from the virus are you then, less likely to spread it.
    Bit like if you've had it, it's not guaranteed to not be still in your system so it would still be possible to spread it.
    BJ who's had it was still required to quarantine even though he's been tested negative, after being in contact with someone testing positive

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  16. realred1952

how is it spread now? Someone leaves virus on a surface ..say shopping trolley handle next person uses it and picks up virus and deposits on a different surface, maybe first item they examine in the shop .. next person etc it migt be the third person in the "chain" that transfer a "quantity" to their mouth or eyes … note how many face masks are constantly adjusted!

17. oneforthebristolcity

The virus seems to have a mind of it's own and pop out when you least expect it, but this coming week it's having a break..

Northern Ireland having been on a lockdown are going for an even tougher lockdown next Friday 27th.. But Close contact services can reopen this Friday, (2 days ago) but will have to close again on 27 November..
    It is understood that close contact services and coffee shops that are due to reopen on Friday can still do so - but only for one week. (the virus must be going camping)!!

Some of the measures that are enforced are farcical it has to be said....
    but It's true, honest!!!
    I know you wouldn't believe me unless it was on main stream media....
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55004210

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  18. realred1952

I was thinking along the lines of good PR!

19. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Hearing more about that Yate rave... apparently a woman suffered life changing injuries after being mauled by a police dog! Not sure how true it is at the moment but my word. She did a big wrong by going to the rave of course but what a nasty ending...

20. remembergou

remembergou Active Member

Cor Blimey another marathon Onefor v Rob a pint each now, but I do think Onefor got a bit of short measure! <cheers>
    it is really good to see the humour / banter that occassionally pops up, highlighted the following 2 or 3. Also a few other bits I liked, the owl and Lincoln, so Red or dead what did they call them?

Although seemingly passed over by the main protagonists, to pursue their "battle royale" there were a number of useful points, cases and tidbits of information offered up by OldSparky, Redordead, Realred. Amazing how a whole week has passed without the main argument being resolved.
    Those affected by the virus, and with other ailments I wish them all well and a long and fruitful life. I retired, not very old , but now back as an independant advisor, due to the team I was part of have been decimated. As an independant I can work from home and do, help, with assessments via Microsoft or Zoom.