1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Official - released players and retained list

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by CityCalv, May 16, 2013.

1. CityCalv

CityCalv Well-Known Member

Hull City Official ‏@hullcityteam 4m

RETAINED LIST ANNOUNCED: Paul McShane, Mark Oxley and Liam Rosenior are being offered new deals to remain with the club #hcafc

Hull City Official ‏@hullcityteam 4m

RELEASED: Sonny Bradley, Lewis Clarkson, Mark Cullen, Andy Dawson, Jamie Devitt, Kealan Dillon, Daniel East, Daniel Emerton, Francis McCaffrey, Paul McKenna, Seyi Olofinjana and Jay Simpson #hcafc

2. minuteman

minuteman Active Member

Hull City Official ‏@hullcityteam 3m
    RELEASED: Sonny Bradley, Lewis Clarkson, Mark Cullen, Andy Dawson, Jamie Devitt, Kealan Dillon, Daniel East… (cont) #hcafc

Hull City Official ‏@hullcityteam 3m
    …Daniel Emerton, Francis McCaffrey, Paul McKenna, Seyi Olofinjana and Jay Simpson #hcafc

Hull City Official ‏@hullcityteam 5m
    RETAINED LIST ANNOUNCED: Paul McShane, Mark Oxley and Liam Rosenior are being offered new deals to remain with the club #hcafc

3. We are Hull

We are Hull Well-Known Member

RETAINED LIST ANNOUNCED: Paul McShane, Mark Oxley and Liam Rosenior are being offered new deals to remain with Hull City through next season and beyond.

Abdoulaye Faye’s contract has been automatically extended for a further year, after an appearance-based clause was activated within his original 12-month deal.

The club will allow 12 players to leave when their contracts expire at the end of the 2012/13 season, and we would like to thank the following for their services, whilst wishing them every success in the future:

Sonny Bradley, Lewis Clarkson, Mark Cullen, Andy Dawson, Jamie Devitt, Kealan Dillon, Daniel East, Daniel Emerton, Francis McCaffrey, Paul McKenna, Seyi Olofinjana and Jay Simpson.

From the academy, six players have earned professional deals and will move up to Stephen Clemence’s development squad, while three will see their time at Hull City come to an end. Those with new contracts are:

Daniel Chambers, Benjamin Clappison, Joseph Cracknell, Matthew Dixon, Paul McElroy and Sam Topliss.

The club would like to wish Thomas Davie, Bradley Ricketts and Joel Sutton all the best with their futures.

4. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

Surprised at McCaffrey, not that I know much about him. Always seems to do well in reserve matches.

5. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

Beat me to it! Great news by the looks of it getting things done as early as possible

6. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

Shame about Simpson but can understand why. No other shocks there.

7. Lewis92

Lewis92 Well-Known Member

What about Prozzy is he being loaned back to that german club

8. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Jay is a nice lad, not your average London cocky footballer ****er, but is a mid-table Championship player. I wouldnt have retained him even if we'd stayed down.

He was ****ing awesome in the memorable win at Bellend Road and that'll be my memory of him and I thank him for it.

9. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

Shocked that Paul McKenna, Seyi Olofinjana and Jay Simpson are going on a free!

Clearly we're planning on spending this summer for new players

10. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

Unlucky for Simpson, thought he did a good job for us.

11. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

He's not out of contract so wouldnt be mentioned in the retained (or not) list of out of contract players.

12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The full statement...

RETAINED LIST ANNOUNCED: Paul McShane, Mark Oxley and Liam Rosenior are being offered new deals to remain with Hull City through next season and beyond.

Abdoulaye Faye’s contract has been automatically extended for a further year, after an appearance-based clause was activated within his original 12-month deal.

The club will allow 12 players to leave when their contracts expire at the end of the 2012/13 season, and we would like to thank the following for their services, whilst wishing them every success in the future:

Sonny Bradley, Lewis Clarkson, Mark Cullen, Andy Dawson, Jamie Devitt, Kealan Dillon, Daniel East, Daniel Emerton, Francis McCaffrey, Paul McKenna, Seyi Olofinjana and Jay Simpson.

From the academy, six players have earned professional deals and will move up to Stephen Clemence’s development squad, while three will see their time at Hull City come to an end. Those with new contracts are:

Daniel Chambers, Benjamin Clappison, Joseph Cracknell, Matthew Dixon, Paul McElroy and Sam Topliss.

The club would like to wish Thomas Davie, Bradley Ricketts and Joel Sutton all the best with their futures.

13. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

It's a bit of a shocker, but would you offer him a new contract... ? I probably would, but only a one year, which he might not accept.

14. Dessie

Dessie Member

Simpson wouldn't have offered us anything in the premier league, best for him to move to a new club and get some regular game time. Hopefully he can find some scoring form too.

15. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Great that rosey has been kept on, being honest I was worried he'd be released.

Slightly surprised at Simpson though after the massive contribution he made to our promotion, my guess is though it was mutual, he was probably offered a small wage deal but probably knew he'd not get much playing time and wanted to play. Also shown he's not quite up to it this season so I'm sure Bruce wouldn't mind him going. Just my guess, he may have been offered bugger all.

16. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

We all know how much I've banged the Simpson drum for three years.. safe to say I'm disappointed.

He's scored 1 goal in his last 31 games though, so I think I'll accept defeat on this one.

I still can't help but have a soft spot for him and try and defend him - regardless of how little he scored for us, his general play was fantastic at times and let's be honest... nobody really scored for us this season.

Two year extension as a backup player would have been nice. All it means now is that we have to bring in another player on PL wages for depth.

17. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

18. tigercrackerjack

tigercrackerjack New Member

I am sorry to see Jay Simpson leaving, I like his work rate and would always give 100% in the games he played in. He has received a lot negative criticism for not being able to score. But remember the goals he has scored, vital goals that has took us back to the Premier League!!

19. johnfirth

johnfirth Active Member

I surprised about Danny Emerton to be honest, I have never seen him play but I thought he was one of our bright starlets in the making according to my friends who watch the reserves a lot

20. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

I dont think that there is any issue with ^^^^ this. Sorry to see Jay Simpson go but no shock on the other 2 who look like they will end up at Fleetwood Town and Sheffield Wednesday respectively. OJ works hard but we still have Aaron Mclean on contract until 2014 and he works just as hard and also chips in with a goal or 2. That may have played a part in why OJ is not being offered another year. Just a thought like.

No shock re. Rosenoir - McShane or Faye. All fully deserving of new contracts. :emoticon-0103-cool:

So does Aaron Mclean. Both very similar in what they do. But its now looking more likely than SB is clearing the decks for at least 2 maybe 3 new strikers which we shall need without a doubt.

The No.11 shirt is now Free. ;) ;) ;)