1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

oh dear

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by HullPPG, Jan 27, 2011.

1. HullPPG

HullPPG Active Member

I may have made a boo boo here but the first post i read contained swearing on it so i commented on this, comment below.

I have since read a few of the articles and most have it on which i do not consider acceptable. There is however a post asking for moderators so i put this to the community after the moderators are picked do you think you should cover up the swearing creatively or not like i said i will probably be in a minority here and get lambasted but what the hell your thoughts please Alan.

ps sorry my first ever thread is not about what i like reading, your comments on Hull City.

"White rose tiger if this is the sort of posts that will be shown on here than i am afraid i will not be using the forum. although i did not post many times on 606 me and my young son would always sit down in front of our media center and chuckle away at the humorous posts put on by the community.

There was a lot to be said about the BBC and moderators although sometimes annoying they are there because some people can not stick to house rules and need policing.

You could look at this as a challenge and get your point out creatively taxing the old grey cells rather than offensively I will be in a minority here but i was taught not to swear in front of women and children and i dont you never know whos reading the posts.

Once people start seeing this sought of thing than like sheep others will follow and it will end up like the comments on some of the youtube vidioes rant over Alan. "

2. prideofyorkshire

I think it's fair to have the opinion you do, especially if you read the posts with your son. I'd probably only end up swearing on here if i was angry about something, it's not really neccassary most of the time. But, freedom of speech and all that, most people who have migrated over here will have done so to get away from the moderating!

3. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I think swearing will soon die down anyway. It's still a novelty and we're not seeing much of it anyway to be fair.. But you're point is very fair as POY said above...

4. pitt_machine

pitt_machine Member

Could the sites creator not put in some sort of code to auto hide it, or could it not be setup in somewhere in the account settings as to weather its displayed or not? It doens't bother me, but can understand if you are viewing wiht your son. To be fair though the scunthorpe board might have some problems.

5. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Go and have a look on the Bristol board at a thread named 'Wot Censors?' Read the first page... there's a nice thread to read with your son...

6. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

That is ****ing hilarious! As for the OP, this isn't 606 and I doubt anyone who gets appoint as a mod will be in the slightest bothered about swearing! If the CI lads come on here it will be expected!!

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

For a fully moderated site, there's already vital, I'd say that was a more suitable forum to be looking at with kids, personally I'd prefer people to be free to express themselves fully on here.

That said, my son won't read anything on here that will compete with stuff that keeps appearing on his facebook page.

Kids today eh :emoticon-0104-surpr

8. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

I respect your view but there are plenty of child-friendly sites that are properly moderated. The thing is, the moderators are the exact reason we're here.
    I'm only 18 myself but the kids that are only a few years younger than me seem to be a totally different generation - they know more abusive language than I know even now.

Anyway, I reckon the swearing rate will drop pretty soon, at the moment it just feels great to be able to say whatever you want. As for the 'don't swear in front of women' thing, I beg to differ. Most women my age swear more than me!

9. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Ah bollocks man.

Come on, someone was going to...

10. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

With regards about kids using the internet. if they are old enough to be looking at random internet sites then they old enough to see a few naughty words, but maybe if the chap is looking with his son and it is a bit too much then it would be better to look at another site. That's a shame, but then again the BBC haven't taken into account the communities built up on 606 so it's as much them to blame as anything else.

11. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Women are worse for it in my experience (swearing)

12. N

N Active Member

I would rather be able to say what I want (within reason). If I want to call Jimmy a crackhead I will. If you don't like it simply don't come onto this forum, go onto a moderated one (vital). Aren't the days of people been offended by bad language on the internet over?

13. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

You always get a ****wit.
    I liked 606 because of the moderation, peoples children could read the posts in safety. It is fairly obvious that this site is different.
    I feel industrial language is all right in its correct context. I will as usual not be getting into arguments etc and also if this site gets out of hand, then I will leave,simples.

Please note this is not a personal attack on Mr paramotormanal, everybody is entitled to their views.

Anyone who does not like or support the ethos of this site can **** off somewhere else. There are many happy clapper boards where you can engage in deep meaningful converstaoin with other ****S.

14. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

If you don't like swearing I'd suggest the footymad board

15. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh> I don't think anyone can complain about our boards ever again!

16. suchy

suchy Member

I like this idea then people can have the choice. I dont mind swearing but thats my personal opinion. Would be interesting to see if it is possible to add that kind of option to the forums

17. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

It ia worth pointing out that this is not a new site. Try reading the general forum from the beginning. It seem to be a bunch of Scottish people calling each other names and enjoying the banter.

Warning, if easily offended, don't bother.

A concensus will be reached, I will go with the flow.

Meanwhile I await my first yellow card from our recently appointed moderator, Pele's drinking pal.

Best of luck with it OLM.

18. prideofyorkshire

As for the women swearing bit, i did a research project on gender and swearing at uni and the girls swore just as much as the lads did. In fact i think the girls in the study actually used stronger language than the lads did! Bit of a dated opinion that men swear more.

19. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

That was my thought, that women swear more. Probably more violent aswell!

20. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

The swearing filter in the bottom right hand corner works fine, I am using it myself, Scunthorpe is coming out funny, will see what happens now when I type Arsenal!