1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OK Bob, I'll Start Writing

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We're all a bit down after that first half of the season, and many think we've blown a great chance of an auto spot that was there for the taking on New Year's Day - me included.

We were told at the start of the season, if we found ourselves there or thereabouts at Christmas, we'd push on for the second half. I remember walking out of the CCS having just beaten Reading 3-1 on New Year's day and we were in third spot just 2 points behind second placed West Ham.

As a consequence, most of us expected some decent transfer/loan news this past couple of months to ensure we didn't run out of steam (or options) for the run in. Sadly, and for whatever reason, that has not been the case, and the early season promise has started to unravel. Still, the season ain't over yet by a long chalk.

The only thing that's certain right now is we wont go up auto. We can still do it. Another trip To Wembley will do. I reckon it'll be US to beat Blackpool this time by the odd goal in 5.:emoticon-0105-wink:

2. SussexBlueBird

SussexBlueBird Active Member

Oh how I would have loved to go up as Champions or runners up but to be honest I'll accept a near miss this year as long as we strengthen well during the summer and return better equipped to compete in the Premier league, there's something wrong at the moment we've gone from scoring well and conceding few to exactly the opposite and I'm not to sure it's just tiredness after all they are supposed to be fit athletes more than capable of playing at a 100%. Not sure if it's down to tactics but one thing I do know is we've been missing pace out wide all season and I'm really disappointed that we seem to be avoiding getting someone in, I feel sorry for Miller, you can't expect the guy to feed off scraps. If somehow we end up in the play-offs I'm sorry Sparkey I can't see us getting to Wembley.

3. bluescull

bluescull Well-Known Member

Not the well worn path of Wembley again! Yikes!

Well, it's our only option now so we'll take it if it happens. But this team is going to have to improve no end to reach our second home. There seems to be a lack of confidence right through the team at present but we are still in touching distance so who knows what will happen? Whatever anyone says..... It's yet another rollercoaster ride on the Bluebirds train!

4. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I'm with Sussex on this, strengthen in the summer and go for auto next season.

5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

You'd give Hans Christian Andersen a run for his money, deluded or what, been on the bottle have you Sparkey?................. <laugh>

6. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

Well done that man!

Spark I'm gonna have to take out a loan if we go up to our London base again.It's costing me a fortune.

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Another worthwhile contribution to a thread over here again Phill. <ok>

I may be deluded mate, but I'm a Cardiff supporter on my own board discussing my own club. That would make a change for you.

8. bluescull

bluescull Well-Known Member

Nothing changes! They're STILL obsessed with us!

9. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

I said a week or so ago we should now be managing expectations so as not to be disappointed if we don't make it up this season. I'll go with Rhondda and Sussex and feel even the play offs could be a step too far this season so carry on building for next year. Were we to get to the playoffs then I reserve the right to change my mind although I really don't want to repeat the disappointments of the last 2 seasons.

Malky now has a solid base of players - as opposed to what he had when starting. 8 or 9 to go out, up to 12 to come in, to improve the squad numbers and quality we have and strengthen keys areas - competition and for Kenny and fast, tricky wide guys as starters for 10.

10. DragonPhilljack

Aye Sparkey stick that ugly mug of yours in the mirror, you might smile a bit more!............... <laugh>

11. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

a reason i fear we will miss out is because our form has steadily declined for 2 months or so now.... even the games we've won we havnt played fluently....if we were on the up than i'd say we were shoe ins for promotion, but its difficult to see where the goals will come from to win games in the short run...

we've got coventry, who are at the foot of the table, and have been all season. surely we will get chances in this game?

12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Hmmm........I see a number on here preparing the ground to avoid further disappointment. :emoticon-0105-wink:

Maybe lowering your sights is the answer - perhaps I'll give it a go for an easy life.

Nah, bollucks to it - stuffing Holloway at Wembley it is.................<laugh>

13. DragonPhilljack

Dai for MOD lads! He'll sort you out..................... <cheers>

14. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

Spark!
    I admire your optimism m8,it's been steadfast throughout but I'm afraid most are already lowering the lifeboats.:emoticon-0106-cryin

15. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Go for it Sparks - Head of Logical Positivism

While Phil is in charge of the sheep dip!!!!

16. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

If we do not make the play-off and get less points than last season then this season is a failure for Malky. Before anyone starts berating me and saying Malky had to build from scratch, that is not an excuse. He was brought in to move us forward and hasn't. Many are saying we need to move players out (up to 13 in one thread) and bring in 10!
    Some great football being played early on but has disappeared of late. One recognised striker badly miss-firing and not looking good to score any time soon, he's doing more midfield graft than anything else. Malkys apparent reluctance to use the squad and rest some, if we were a serious contender for promotion we should be able to field a second string team against Coventry and win! I fear not with this squad. Coventry needs to see us back to winning ways if we are to avoid a season of failure.

17. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

It's not a matter of logical positivism Bluey - it's all about cash.

I accept that Mr. Hill has already got my auto money in his clammy mits <steam>...........I got 16/1 on us at the start of the season for Champs. <doh>

I've still got the same amount riding on promo through the playoffs at 5/1. Pleeeaaaaaase Mr. Mackay - listen to my humble plea and do it! <smooch>

Incidentally, I would also quite like us to do it as a supporter as well. :emoticon-0105-wink:

18. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Apart from 1 or 2 games early in the season, our play and tactics this year have made for pretty poor fare imo, we are not exciting to watch, we dont get into the box that much, hence the complete lack of penalties this year compared to last, give me last years players back anyday rather than having to sit through this every other week, if this is MM way of playing for the future then i really am in 2 minds as to renew the ST's or not. He has to realise this is an entertainment business and at the moment we just arent being entertained by MM's chosen few. We have a squad he is just not using them. Earnie to start ahead of Windy would be a start.

19. Goodbyen0t606

Goodbyen0t606 Active Member

I would love you to be right Sparky. I just don't know if the team has much more to give. I think we can squeeze into 6th and then who knows. We do need a couple of teams around us to drop off that's for sure.

20. DragonPhilljack

And there's a few sheep that need dipping on here too!..................... <laugh>