1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OK Bob, I'll Start Writing

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

I'm happy to agree to disagree on the whether starting from scratch is an excuse. But of those 13 who need to go in the other thread, how many are MM's players?
    The last few weeks have made me question MM tactically for the first time, his reluctance to change a team not producing has litterally driven me mad these last couple of weeks.

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Phil

I bow to your greater knowledge on all things sheep. <whistle>

3. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Steve, does it really matter who brought who in? If they are not up to the standard needed today, then they should go. Last season some had a good run others not. Malky has brought players in and his remit is to move it forward from where DJ left off. If we are not in the top 6 at the end of the season he's failed. Come next season who will accept anything less than a top 6 finish? With the current starting 11 we will not make it, in my humble opinion.

4. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

taff, i can see where you're coming from, and at the start of the season i said 'whats the point of sacking jones and bringing in someone if its acceptable to finish only in the top 10 given we finished 4th the previous season?'.

however i dont think he has failed if we finish, say 8th, because we have a younger squad that can sustain a promotion challenge for the next say, 2-3 seasons. its difficult to overhaul a squad completely and do as well as 4th, look at teams like leicester who have spent tens of millions for what? it would be a massive disappoinment if we finished outside top 6 because we've been in it for so long, but there is a lack of options from the bench... who's fault is that? hard to say mackays because he's only been here 5 minutes... though many teams in the past have been promoted who are smaller and have lower budgets than ours, and similar squad depth..

come next season, he will have the opportunity to strengthen and release some of the dave jones crap and then i think we'll see what malkys made of (if we dont get promoted this year).

'He has to realise this is an entertainment business and at the moment we just arent being entertained by MM's chosen few'

its not an entertainment business, its a results business, my entertainment comes from winning matches and walking home with a win in the bag, not playing good football and coming up short...

5. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Next season anything less than the playoff final and MM has failed in comparison to DJ imo.

What is hard to know this year is what difference the CC made. There are all sorts of positives to be taken from a cup final, but would we be lagging the way we are now if we'd lost that shoot out with Leicester? We've exceeded expectations at time this season where as currently we are pretty under whelming!

We need Miller to start scoring and Whits to find a bit of form and the playoffs are still a realistic aim this year, if they both keep playing the way they are then it's mid table imo :emoticon-0101-sadsm

6. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I think current form will see us mid table with a major rebuilding program needed. I'm not sure where the quality is going to come from but as already identified a striker and wide men are needed. Miller isn't the answer to the striker problem, given support and he will get some but we need an out and out goal scorer, Berbatov is available at the end of the season :) lazy git but knows where the net is. <--- tongue firmly in cheek.
    Off the top of my head I don't see a future for Earnie, Darcy, Naylor, Parkin, or DK but he needs to bring in quality along with experience to help the youngsters.

7. Domdimdom

Domdimdom Member

Sparkey pal.....how does he know you`re ugly?

8. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

Bluescull how are you my friend good to see that you have joined the cardiff board, have faith there are many twists and turns to happen before the season is finished, a good run now and you will be there or thereabouts, if you don't get the auto place and you get to wembley i have got a tidy 4 birth caravan you and oldsparky can borrow for the weekend of the play off final.

<laugh>

9. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Dom - I met him at a gurning contest. Phil won it easily without having to pull a face. <ok>

10. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Cheers Sparkey

Best (and only) laugh of the day so far.

Hope to be smiling properly by 9.40 tonight - after the game and for no other reason.

11. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Good to be optimistic, but Wembley's not been a happy hunting ground has it? If you can't fill the stadium due to disillusionment you could always fly in all those new Malaysian 'fans' you have......oh no, wait a minute....they're now following us.

http://bit.ly/GzNpNL

One of the comments caught my eye:

"Tien Ghee · 1 hour ago
    They are indeed a joy to watch - I will be supporting them from now on."

Isn't he your owner, Sparks? <laugh>

12. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

13. SussexBlueBird

SussexBlueBird Active Member

Ah well that's another thread trashed <grr>

14. john hughs

john hughs banned

Well if anyone had said to me at the start of the season we would have been in another major cup final and there or there abouts in the playoffs with what is basically a good young side i would have had my doughts .
    MM so far has done a brilliant job and has got people talking about Cardiff City and what he has done with all the new faces in the squad .Lets all stay behind him and i`m sure we will have even more goods days .

JH

15. SussexBlueBird

SussexBlueBird Active Member

Sorry JH, you need to learn how to ignore certain comments and concentrate on the ones that are worth discussing.

16. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

can you two just stop spamming this board with your bickering?

edit: all it takes is one comment from KJ and a good thread is ruined with point scoring....ignore him in future please Jh and vice versa <ok>

17. john hughs

john hughs banned

Well there is a easy way to stop a jerk upstart .......................

18. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

"Swansea are indeed a joy to watch. I cannot understand why no one has invested in them surely they would return a good profit. I think that the other team in Wales are not as good as Swansea and seem to be supported by many negative fans. Pehaps Swansea could be a role model for teams in the English Premiership and Championship." - Kai Tong

Looks like we are getting popular every where, I mean hitting the map in Malaysia! Seems they now the Bluetits well too, good link that knackered............
    <laugh>

19. DragonPhilljack

<laugh>..............<ok>

20. DragonPhilljack

please log in to view this image

SPARKEY WHEN THE JACKS WENT UP!........<laugh>