1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Orange Wolves vs The Red Devils

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Top performers - Mainoo, Shaw, Hojlund, Martinez, Casemiro.

Poor performers - Bruno, Garnacho.

Dire ****e - Onana, Antony

cytrax likes this.
  2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Coolest man on the pitch.

Let's be honest, we should have pissed that.

Missed loads of chances, ridiculous (embarassing tbh) penalty, and we have a **** keeper, otherwise that's six one.

Treble likes this.
  3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I cannot fcking believe we got rid of De Gea to bring this clown in.

Until he leaves we aint challenging for anything. That is a massive problem.

cytrax likes this.
  4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Antony wasn't bad at the back, give him some credit.

Yes, he doesn't seem to know what to do with that final pass. Seems a bit stupid tbf.

Keeper is garbage though. Doesn't try to even make saves, how can that be?

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Wolves 2nd and 3rd goals came directly from him being a brazilian spoofer, holding onto the ball too long against 3 players, getting dispossessed and they went forward and scored both times.

He's a nob. Another one who plays for himself. If I was one of the other players I'd be laying into him.

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Third one, yes.

He was outside the penalty area facing the goal and fluffed it to their defender.

The rest we saw, but it still should have been stopped by someone before it was buried.

What he does offer is some defensive effort. Which the other two wide players (or Sancho before) never do.

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

They just showed it again.

We were 3-2 up, and everyone is forward.

Yes, he loses the ball, but they had 80 yards more to go before Wolves scored as our keeper stood there motionless watching it in.

cytrax likes this.
  8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

He lost possession for both of their last two goals.

He was playing on the left as well - that thing we always complain about. Well now we know. He can't do much with his left foot playing on the left either.

He genuinely thinks he's that good that he can take on 3 players in a cul de sac instead of playing the pass that was on 10 seconds earlier.

We needed to keep possession in those final 10-15 mins. That's what he was brought on to do. Instead he gives the ball away twice through his own selfish play and it cost us 2 goals.

He's coming up to 2 seasons at the club. He needs to show his worth. Tracking back isn't enough anymore.

cytrax likes this.
  9. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

He was a wrong buy which had massive implications, one of which included unsettling Sancho while adding very little to the team. My guess is when Mount becomes fit, he’ll play on the right with Antony on the bench.

Amazing that you predicted 3-4. You could have won sweet money with that bet!

10. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, his final ball is definitely not good. Also yes, he's had two years but never had a settled run and has some big issues to overcome.
    Counterpoint to the player he allegedly unsettled, he's got on with it and not ****ed off out on loan.

His transfer fee is a bat to bash him with, he's definitely not worth it, but I can see his value to the squad. It's a decent committed squad we need, with injuries being sorted and players coming back it's slowly forming.

The positives are we created a **** load of chances and played well. The negatives are we missed loads, went quiet in the second half, again, and have an immobile totem pole for a keeper.

Most keepers out there would save, or at least attempt to, two of Wolves goals. He also didn't dive for the pen, which was utterly ludicrous in the first place.

cytrax likes this.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

<laugh> completely forgot I'd predicted 3-4

Onana has been our worst buy since Bebe.

He doesn't come out, close angles. He completely misjudged a cross yesterday and Martinez saved him by clearing on the goal line (brilliant he's back btw).

And when he is caught on the line he faps at everything. It's like me playing in goal ffs!

Does anyone think we can challenge for the league while he's there? I genuinely don't. So if he's going to be here for another 3 years we're fcked.

cytrax likes this.
  12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

No chance we win anything with him as keeper, I sat there assuming he'd cost us at least a goal and while he literally didn't (nearly did), he made no attempt to save the three that went past him.

Of the players Ten Hag has signed, he's the most glaring error. I can see why we did, he had a decent record, but we've got zero scouting network of any note so he wasn't being closely looked at enough. Hopefully that now changes. (keep saying hopefully, it sounds pathetic tbh)

Can't say you weren't all warned!! I'll wear that like a badge of honour till he's gone.

Agree that if ever Mount gets fit he should play on the right of a front three. Garnacho and Antony then nothing more than impact subs while they (hopefully!) develop. I'd like to think Rashford has had his blow out, but we'll see.

The midfield three of Casemiro, Bruno and Mainoo looks really good, until Bruno goes all off grid and loses any semblance of composure.

I like the fact that Dalot and Shaw are effectively wing backs, and have the engine to both attack and defend. They supported the back two and forwards well.

cytrax likes this.
  13. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I went out for dinner at half time, confident about a good result after that fantastic first half, but still worried that we might let Wolves rally, I thought I'd get home to a 2 - 2. Great win, they dug deep and Mainoo was his usual, superb self.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

That's a beautiful story.

15. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Should of gone for the Porto gk Costa. I actually give that Turkish keeper a chance now.

16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'm not convinced by Bayindir either tbh.

Just play Heaton.

17. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Surely Bayindir can’t be any worse than Onana, or not?! If he’s not better, then wtf were we doing buying two goalies that can’t add up to one?

18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Goalies don't add up to one. You can't have more than one on the pitch at any one time.

Bayindir was average against Newport imo. Maybe it's his first game so I'm being a bit unfair but he wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

He's probably still better than Onana. But good enough to be No. 1? Not sure.

All immaterial anyway as Onana aint going anywhere and he'll be first choice.

19. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This is just insane!

Getting the right goalie for United is always a tough job. We have seen a fair share of horrible ones with Taibi being the craziest. However, what is worse is when you have the confirmation that a goalkeeper is not of the right mold for the club, but continue to persist with him. It is criminal of ETH to continue to pick Onana as his number one. Even Cameroon dropped him after his fk-ups at the Afcon. Why is ETH persisting with him?

20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

No winning thread for today?

Anyway, very comfortable win today. As usual, could and should have been more and, this time, the clean sheet was important.

As the previously injured players come back, so does the squad improve. Let's have a good second half to the season.

cytrax likes this.