1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Sports Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by RogerisontheHunt, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

they could call it something snappy like say

Rugby League

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  2. moreinjuredthanowen

This is why rugby is going to be dead in a few years.

The active resistance to change and deliberate coaching of this sort of stuff will end up with law suits and head injury rules making the sport impossible to play.

To head shot after head shot after head shot a kid cos he's too good for you is scummy.

Imo the easiest solution is penalty try for late hits but the damage is then done

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

NBA shaping up nicely, playoffs next month.

4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

F1 was eventful

5. moreinjuredthanowen

Meh.

It wasn't really, just a bit odd debris and a procession at the front plus a few over takes at 11.

6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I'm shocked you didn't enjoy it...<laugh>

7. moreinjuredthanowen

there was some carnage but not enough to make up for the long procession from safety car 2 until safety car 3. they were all tyre saving ffc.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

All for good health etc but that's just ridiculous. They knew what they were doing and they happy to take the money to do it. ****ing hate this 'where there's blame, there's a claim' society we live in

10. moreinjuredthanowen

Well, there's some of that but equally there's a lot of pressure put on as well and in the end there's plenty queuing up to do damage to others as videos above show and these types need to be stopped or the sport will be.

11. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

If they were just focusing on making sort safer for others I wouldn't mind but suing suggests it's all about them getting paid.

12. Solid_Air 2

Well RU is pretty much bankrupt in the UK already so i think this is pretty much the end for pro RU unless they get players to sign a waiver as long as the union makes rules that protect them as much as is possible while still being "RU" .

13. moreinjuredthanowen

radical thought is stop playing players so much.

I know France is just there with massive money but the English clubs still pay a lot of money

14. Solid_Air 2

is it meant to be "playing" or "paying" not that it really matters as RU has mutated into a bastard form of RL .

15. moreinjuredthanowen

paying sorry.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  16. Solid_Air 2

then all the best players will join the exodus leaving for France so weakening theappeal of thepremiership and risking relegation . Basically it is the PL writ smaller .

17. moreinjuredthanowen

France can only have so many players in so many teams before they also go bust too. the pot of money is not infinite..

they are hoovering up players left and right in southern hemisphere and romania/Georgia etc

the other aspect to this is that more younger and better players can come thorugh as well balancing it out.

Theres a huge disparity in whats going on round the various countires.

Scotland: 2 clubs in effect. Edinburgh and Glasgow. the amatuer clubs are feeding up to these and they compete with wlesh, irish and south african teams
    Wales: there are 4 pro teams. These are actual in the doldrums and its affecting wales. Whay are they in the doldrums? I dunno but i feel the 4 clubs are not linked to the old amateur real clubs people supported and its not really worked.
    Ireland: there are 3.5 teams and really theres 1 delivering for ireland. 2 look like they cannot compete consistently and one is held back so you've a massive conveyor belt of talent in leinster with foreign players coming in as well. I nother words while 2 try to compete with welsh clubs one really competes with the french clubs.
    Italy: again 2 top teams and a tier below them. as a minority sport this seems to be the way that they compete as they have enough cames round europe and with the irish,wlesh and scots etc to make it work.

Then there's england, 11 teams in the top division and 12 in the championship that are semi pro almost.

France is the super 14.

If anything theres more rugby being played by english based players compared to the other home nations and it shows in the team IMO.

would I make the premiership smaller? not so sure about that.

would i put more emphasis on european cup? yes.

Would I reduce the salary cap and let any player like itoje or farrell do do one to france? absolutely yes.

There's nothing stopping england picking a player playing in france. (nothing but ego and self imposed blocks)

Is dan biggar worth over 600k a year to Northampton? Is own Farrell work 800k? really?

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  18. Solid_Air 2

Club Rugby Union in England does not and never has generated enough money for the majority clubs to break even never mind make a profit .

19. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah and no other clubs imo anywhere else break even either.

it's all about the wages, the salary cap does one very little to make clubs sustainable.

20. Solid_Air 2

Pro RU isn't sustainable in the long term the only real interest in England is international RU but that needs club RU to produce players.