1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I blame Boris. I keep telling you that nothing, that is zilch, has gone right since that moron got the keys to No.10.

2. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I despair once more, I should be a natural Tory voter given my background and circumstances but I just could not vote for them under any circumstances as long as Boris Johnson continues to sully the post of prime Minister of the Country. The man has no integrity whatsoever and has been proved to lie glibly when he thinks it's needed. What puts me into despair though is that he is still backed by Tory MPs who have had the opportunity to show they have both balls and integrity of their own. They once again failed miserably proving that they have more concern for their own personal situation than they have for their Country. They are in the main just as bad as he is. I hope that when the time comes the public will show them why they should have binned this moron when they had the opportunity. As an aside to this I cannot see why this vote by them should be secret. They are employed by the public and the public should have the right to know how they vote every time they do.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The main problem is....that you've got to give the public an alternative to vote for....Labour are a load of idiots.....the LibDems can't remember who they are.....The SNP are a foreign party that we can't vote for anyway....and the Greens (not Argyle) have one MP who has never been wrong in her whole life.....Boris is the safer option who you can always depend on getting the same result.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The man does not deserve the title "Prime" Minister. He is no more than a buffoon who waffles his way through and people for some inexplicable reason fall for his bullshit. His only Prime concern is himself and his place in a history book.

I despair even more that there are simply no characters in politics any more. I agree that the whole load of them simply want ditching and a new contingent bringing forth. This lot no matter what colour they stand under are just a bunch of chinless wonders who seem to have little or no idea what to do or how to do it. I would also guess you have to ask yourself what kind of Country this has become that these are meant to be the best we can muster and they are let loose on the trough.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Boris said he was pleased with the convincing result.....he probably would have said the same if he had won by only one vote.

Nice to have a positive leader to take us through the mire.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Tobias Elwood would be an excellent PM. Middle of the road, ex Army officer, posts in the MOD, hero of the terrorist attack on the Houses of Parliament. Has stated we should rejoin the Free Market but not the EU as such….

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I took a liking to Rory Stewart....talked so much sense.....never voted Tory until he stood for parliament....then at the following election doubled his majority to over 60% of the vote....he is now an independent and not an MP.....no ones fool.....probably why he isn't an MP anymore......also an ex army man.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Our old friends are in the news again.

Former Uefa president Michel Platini is at Switzerland's Federal Criminal Court...the first day of his trial over suspected fraudulent payment.

Former Fifa president Sepp Blatter was too ill to testify.

I bet he was.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I heard he was sick as a parrot.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

England...0-0...Italy........yawn...yawn...yawn.

.....and to top it all who did the chat and interviews.....two young women who even Mrs Plym thought seemed strange......happening in cricket as well.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Does it really matter what sex a person is to do interviews and punditry? If they know their subject and ask proper questions then why does it have to be a man doing it. Like Referees in sport. Male/female it makes no difference to apply rules.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It does to me....I prefer someone who has spent...10, 20, 30 years playing and managing to give me their views on the match.....then Jules Breach who has never played football and has popped into Brighton games now and again....and that being her total experience of football....it is obvious that she is a very attractive women and Channel 4 are using her looks to restart their football coverage.

Michael Owen as the football pundit looked ill at ease discussing the match as the only male on the team.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Ah! bless him. Poor old Mike. I don't care how long any of them have spent within the football world. Punditry is like us on here. It is purely speculative and an opinion. You haven't played football or managed for any of that period but you give an opinion which by the way is fair enough. I give you Gabby Logan as example one. She is blonde, long legged and attractive. She was the daughter of a pro footballer and is married to an ex pro rugby player. However, she hasn't played either. Does that debar her from commenting?

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Good comparison....Gabby Logan...(nee Yorath)...daughter of Leeds player Terry Yorath...pro footballer and manager....she represented Wales in the Commonwealth Games in Rythmic Gymnastics.....through school and University (Durham) she played netball and represented her Uni at high jump.....she runs and plays golf regularly....and has been a Newcastle United fan since her Durham Uni days.....had spent her childhood around her fathers clubs that he played for living the life of being soaked in being around pro-football.

......and on the otherside we have Jules Breach....who has been to watch Brighton a few times.

One is a natural sportswomen....the other just a TV presenter.

Nice try sensible.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Christ thank god for internet info Plym. Where would you be..... In your world then David Beckam's kids would be experts. The son/daughter of does not qualify you to be a sports expert any more than anyone else. Rhythmic Gymnastics????? What has that got to do with Athletics for example. I represented my school at running and football. Does that qualify me? What about David Coleman? Did he play football for anyone or was he an unqualified commentator? That's another name for a TV presenter by the way. In my time I played for teams Rugby, Football, Cricket, Volleyball, Basketball and yes even table tennis and shuttlecock bashing. I boxed and ran for my school. I played water polo. I clearly should apply for a job on the tele. I could cover any sport. You little old sexist you.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Will I ever be allowed to see a doctor face to face again ?

"Having fewer face-to-face GP appointments is good for the environment because it saves pollution from people travelling to the doctor. the NHS has said".

Remote appointments saved around 276 kilotons of CO2 emissions "principally" from avoided journeys over the last year, Dr Nick Watts, the head of sustainability at the NHS, told a recent conference.

Broadly. we think that is an intervention that should save carbon, "Dr Watts told a panel on reducing emissions in the NHS.

Daily Telegraph...Tuesday 21st June 2022.

Dr Watts doesn't tell us if this "conference" was face-to-face or by remote video access....to save " carbon emissions" of course.

Our only contact with our surgery in the last 30 months was reluctantly....on their behalf... through a three inch gap in an open door.

We needed a urine sample analysed.....they told us to take it to an A and E department...or to a Pharmacy....both of these told us that it was the responsibility of your surgery to test the sample that they had requested.....after a 30 minute discussion with the surgery again (after I spent ages getting through to them) they told me to pop it down to them...... I then spent 5 minutes telling them why I was there through a wall speaker... before a person came to the door....dressed in a face mask, face visor, head covering and a full length white plastic apron and gloves.....and opened the door just wide enough to slip the sample through.....it was then suggested we phoned back THREE days later for a result....it took longer than that to get a reply.....by then it was just history.

17. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

This is a long term issue: a long decline in primary care.

When I was a kid, up to the time I left home, I only ever saw one dentist. My daughter doesn't believe she's ever seen the same one twice. He lived in the best part of town, beautiful 30's houses with sea views, all very Agatha Christie, and had a share in a light plane. As an aside, in acts of gross vandalism, the houses have now all been knocked down to be replaced by ugly second home flats (I refuse to say apartments) owned by twats from London.

My mum was a medical receptionist at one of the local surgery. Similarly, the doctors lived in the best areas, Rotary Club, golf club... you know.

Now I don't say that as criticism. One of those doctors was always on call, 24/7. Occasionally, if there was a social event, the phone line would be transferred to our home. Patients would come through to us rather than the doctor's home and Mum would always have a number for the on-call doctor. No mobile phones then of course. She'd ring the hotel or restaurant, wherever had been arranged, and that doctor would drop his cutlery and head off to the patient at home. If an ambulance, a consultant or a hospital appointment was required, the surgery arranged it, none of this "go to A&E" nonsense.

This was all NHS by the way. They were well paid and well respected members of the community but they earned it. How have we got into this shambles?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

But aren't we all supposed to be in awe of any NHS worker now? They are heros aren't they? What you see today is an errosion of the NHS by stealth and it will continue until there simply isn't an NHS anymore.

Facts these days. You cannot get to see a Doctor face to face anymore. To get one to visit you at home would be so outragious that it just would not happen. A & E is overworked. That's because you cannot see your own GP. People who work in the NHS do so because they care about other people. No they don't it's because they get paid to do it. If they didn't get paid they would soon change occupations. So much for vocation over work. Boris lies consitently about what they put into the NHS and how many of this worker or that worker they have and have invested in. Half of what used to be NHS stuff is now no longer done or has a charge connected to it. Dentistry for one.

I cannot understand how anyone swallows the bullshit spoken about the NHS anymore. The proof of how bad it all is is there for all to see. The argument of 10000 more nurses and 5000 more Doctors is just complete crap. If it were true and the NHS did actually have that sort of extra numbers why would it be acceptable for it to be in a worse state now than ever before. Surely it would be top line or near to it. The state of it proves the argument.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Our surgery consists of 5 doctors.....3 men and 2 women (who are part time).....it's the usual phone at 8am to get an appointment.....it's like a game of roulette....will you be lucky today to get a slot for a phone call sometime during the day.

We moved 12 years back and are another mile and a half further away from the surgery.....now a distance of 2 and a half miles away.....the surgery told us at the time that there was no chance of us ever having a home visit because of the distance.....what a joke.....the last time we had a home visit was in 1968 when Mrs Plym had a mis-carriage.

Dentists around here went private about 15 years ago.....there was no other choice.....a couple have been opened in recent years that are NHS.....but the service is very basic........my last filling....quite a small one cost £179.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

But are you shocked Plym? I'm not surprised in the slightest because this has been happening over years and it has only been hastened by Covid being convenient to speed it up at to blame for everything. The powers that be don't want an NHS. It;s far too epensive and they would much prefer to go down the American way even if they spout defence of the NHS and their wish to keep it. The biggest problem today is any sort of honesty to the public. The answer givin to almost any decent in the House by Boris is to qhote we have more of this and more of that in the NHS. It's a lie that never seems to be called out. Our NHS is fecked and has been for some time now. You will never go back to the days of a GP who knows his patients by name and sight. That's what happened when I was a kid. You saw the doctor when you needed to either in a surgery or at home and it was the same one every time. You are lucky to even get to speak to one now and if they passed you in the street you would know who they were and they certainly would know you.