1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Jimmy Spencer is now running again after his broken right ankle.....expected to be available by the end of February.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Sensible, do a bit of gardening or painting the fence.:emoticon-0136-giggl

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just a short reply to that one Joe..................Feck ***. Funnily enough I ventured out of the door today to go to my shed and get some paint to touch up the stair rail. It was bleddy freezing out there. And you want me to risk my life outside to paint a fence or gardening. You have no heart.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Did the school run this afternoon....it was already -1C at 3PM...so said the car temperature digital readout...:eek:.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That's not a run that's a school drive. Lazy git.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

.....and you wont even walk to your shed ???.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I told you above I did that once this week and that's enough for anyone. I didn't drive there though.:grin:

8. Greenarmyjoe

Sensible, think of us out serving the Community repairing and replacing appliances.. Its cold walking back to the van's :emoticon-0102-bigsm..
    Shame it's not colder... The wind chill was very cold here yesterday as honestly we were out side working... brrrrrrrrrrr

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You're all heart Joe. And you do it all for free. Wadda fella. <somersault>

10. Greenarmyjoe

Well not quite free, got to put the food on the table..

Well it is not painting weather this weekend. plenty of wet stuff due. so you will be better off indoors with your feet up.<ale>

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Watched most of the Derby v Leicester game this evening and have to say it was a half decent affair. Leicester should have burried Derby with the open goal clear type chances they had but somehow Carson was laying or standing in just the right place. Fair result in the end at 2 - 2.

Don't shout it too loud Joe but there were two chances of me doing painting this weekend anyway. They were very very slim and no chance at all. Now putting my feet up...........excellent idea. If questioned I'll tell her indoors you suggested it.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Joe.....sensible will be look longingly out of his window at his shed....out there in the nasty cold weather......working out how to get Mrs sensible to go out there and get his tool box.... to do all those mounting jobs that she wants him to do.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Hang on that's almost slanderous Plymborn. I have never owned a toolbox in my life and have no intention of having one now thank you very much. If Mrs S wants or needs a job doing she knows the saying..........besides she has a toolbox of her own. She keeps on top of things so there is never a mounting list of jobs waiting. Only yesterday she sorted the guttering out with my help. Somebody had to hold the ladder and make sure she didn't fall.

14. Greenarmyjoe

Be care ful holding those ladder's Sensible, it can be dangerous. Oh, and hard work. You deserve a weekend off. :emoticon-0176-smoke

Now i'm off to do some work..

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I've got a picture in my mind of sensible hanging out a window holding Mrs sensible's ladder....telling her to hurry up....cos it's cold standing here with the window open...:rolleyes:.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Liverpool...1-2...Wolves.....how disappointing....obviously Liverpool not as good as we thought.....does that take the gloss off Argyle two games ?

17. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Wolves played very well.

Unlike us though, they went at Liverpool at the start, pressing high up the pitch and got a very early goal and then a second.

Throughout, but particularly towards the end, with Coutinho, Sturridge and Can on, it was all Liverpool but they showed the same failings as they did against us: lots of pretty but ultimately aimless passing and territorial domination but so few chances created against a resolute and well organised defence.

Maybe we could have been a bit more aggressive and sneaked a goal but equally, with a much bigger gap between the teams, we could have lost 4 or 5 to nil with all the damage to confidence that might have resulted. All in all, I think we did the right thing.

18. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Not a bad afternoon for Argyle: Exeter beat Posrtmouth and Carlisle only drew.

Doncaster will take some catching though....

Nine points clear of 4th and 5th place with a game in hand.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Exeter keep rumbling on ......10 away wins now....going to take some stopping when they come to us.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Yep pretty good day at the office for us without any work at all. Think our players could have done with a break and got one. I hope that's right because sometimes a break can work the opposite way around. Like all premiership sides who play a second 11 just because it's a lower league team, Liverpool got what Liverpool deserved. They hung on for a one goal win over 2 games against us in league 2 so should have been a bit more savvy with a team only one league below. Best result of the day though was once again Lincoln. No fluke either from what I can gather. Hard luck Wycombe who had victory in their grasp for a lot of the game. Still a decent payday for them but it could and maybe should have been more.