Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Watched the Cardiff v Man C cup game this afternoon and was a bit put out at the comments on the free kick goal scored by De Bruyne. He apparently had the brilliance to kick the ball along the floor under the wall. It was even described as brilliant. Now correct me if I am wrong but didn't a certain Argyle player back in the day score loads of goals like that. Wotton was a master at giving it loads of wellie along the ground. Anyone would think it's just been invented.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Could done with VAR today at that game? yes it will take time to bed in, is it being used in the world cup this year??

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Seems strange that round 4 Cup games have been treated differently.....only a few being covered by VAR and others not....doesn't seem very even handed.

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Must be to do with the brown Envelopes Plym :emoticon-0140-rofl:

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sixtieth anniversary today of the Munich Air Disaster.....I was a teenager at the time...my mate and I had gone to Highbury the previous Saturday and saw Man U beat Arsenal 5-4....great game.....the following Wednesday my mum came and woke me up late afternoon for me to get up for night shift....and told me their plane had crashed....hard as a teenager to comprehend at the time what that meant, and over the next few days the horror of what had happened slowly unfolded....having seen them in the flesh days before really introduced me to the frailties of life...I've never forgot that time.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It doesn't mean much to me to be honest. I was 8 at the time and we didn't even have a tele to see any news on. Like all things though the myth of greatness is built on the sadness of the occasion. A load of young lives snuffed out for nothing much. Nobody will ever know what that team may have achieved so the myth is built around assumption rather than anything else. They may have carried all before them or won nothing. All the same it was a sad day for Manchester.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Swansea 8 - 1 Notts County

Oh dear!!! On a freezing cold Tuesday night and travelling as well to see that scoreline at the end. Journey home a real treat I've no doubt. Mahoosive improvement on the first game from Swansea. I was watching and then gave up at 4 -1 to watch something else inbetween. Turned back on and it was 7 - 1. I don't like games that are over before they start as it doesn't make for much interesting viewing.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Watched the highlights of ...Rochdale...1-0...Millwall....I've seen better local council Rec pitches than what this game was played on....looked more like they had been preparing the pitch for some summer crop.