1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OTIB - I prefer Not606

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Aug 9, 2021.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I've just come over from reading OTIB and it really makes me appreciate this forum.
    I do go over there and post from time to time (with the same name as I use here), but I often come away feeling quite depressed.
    There is so much anger and negativity over there and people really rip into each other. It's like they are a bunch of keyboard-warriors desperate for something to get angry about - and apart from a couple of 'guest' members it's all City fans fighting each other.
    I MUCH prefer it over here. We all have our different opinions - and the LJ, Covid and some political debates can get a bit heated sometimes, but in the main we all state our opinions without getting overly personal or aggressive.
    It's nice to have a bit of banter with some of our rivals too, like Sparky and CJS.
    A lot of this is down to the great job Wiz does as our mod - thanks Wiz <cheers>

2. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I never go on that site tbh. I like the banter and different opinions of the posters on this site. It’s generally the same people on here, so you don’t get idiots spouting $hite on here. Well maybe Red Robin, but his is harmless $hite, and infrequent of late?

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon guys. Never looked in at that board and no idea what it's like, but quite enjoy popping in on this one. Sometimes serious issues that I tend to ignore rather than get into any deep water, sometimes just tongue in cheek banter which I prefer.

R&W pops over to the CCFC board now and again to comment on various subjects and is welcome as are the rest of you. There is an open invitation to all whether you wish to gloat when we get shafted or even praise our fluid on the floor inter-passing game........<laugh>

We're always up for a bit of an inter-forum chat and am personally not easily offended (well not that easily anyway). :emoticon-0105-wink:

smhbcfc and bcfcredandwhite like this.
  4. bcfcredandwhite

That's not surprising Sparky - it's solely for Bristol City fans. There are one or two 'guest' member fans from other clubs, but they are very few and far between - I can only remember seeing about 4 to be honest - there's a Swindon fan who calls himself Shaun Taylor after the legend of the same name who played for both clubs, but there may be more - I'm not an avid reader of the site.
    Actually, Shaun Taylor's posts are about the most sensible on that forum <laugh><laugh><laugh>

5. Supcon72

I thought that style of play left Cardiff with Warnock<laugh><laugh>

Oldsparkey likes this.
  6. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Yep - he's got the Smoggies playing some nice stuff....<laugh><laugh>

(having said that, they mugged Fulham for a point yesterday)

7. Supcon72

Warnock has mugged many a team for points in his career, it's one of many reasons why fans of clubs he manages love him and the vast majority of the rest loathe him.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Don't want to turn this thread into a "Warnock fest", but he can be the right man in certain circumstances. When he was brought in over here we were heading south with Trollope - another couple of months under him and we'd have gone down. Warnock did a job and turned us around to the extent that we blagged our way up to the Prem the following season.

The Smoggies were going nowhere under Woodgate and Colin has done the same for them. Their game at Fulham yesterday was typical Warnock - soak it up and frustrate. They got what they went there for and like it or loathe it that's what the man brings. Did you see the delirious Smoggy fans singing at Craven Cottage yesterday? That's what the guy can do for the fanbase.

9. bcfcredandwhite

I agree - he's a 'Mr Fixit' at Championship level - great at what he does - and a great panto villain too - he loves it that the opposition fans hate him. I'm half way through his book at the moment (holiday read) and one of my favourite quotes is;..when I die, instead of a minute's silence or applause, I want a minute's chanting of 'Warnock is a w@nk3r' !!!!!
    Love it <laugh>

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Nice one R&W, OTIB is the big one for us locally but 606 gives a good alternative, balanced opinion and the ability to express it we do have, we have a wide spread of views and not just the same 5 or 6 munching it out repeating the same subjects eternally, we get Bristol City fans from Wales, Canada, USA, New Zealand, Australia, a very strong contingent from the West Country and all over the UK contributing, it makes a brilliant mix, I have always said the membership makes up our board and in my honest opinion ours are as good as they get.

As long as it is open, diverse,respectful and obeys humankind and house rules long may it continue, I have always enjoyed it and l hope the good vibes continue, it would be great if a few more OTIB people joined us.

11. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Welcome one and all to the sane side of the chat world. This site has for many years allowed me to converse with people who actually go to the games and get their insight into the local knowledge. Over the years the contributors to this site have given me a special lifeline to my boyhood club and long may that continue. Many of the original contributors have vanished for various reasons, and we know for sure that some have passed away, and perhaps it would be nice to have a reunion on 606 with all those who are still around the world. I remember the outpouring of sympathy when one of ours(Natch) passed away several years ago and someone posted a video of him and his mates fooling around in the back garden. I also believe that his family held a ceremony at Ashton Gate to mark his passing and above all it shows the true caring nature of the people on 606. Thanks to all who keep this site running. <bubbly>

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Just to add to that comment, the background signage , the picture of 'Angry Ernie' and stands on our opening page were designed and gifted to us by Natchauldry (Natch) great guy and still sadly missed, nice one Inver.

Redprintt and AshtonRed like this.
  13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I remember Natch and also that video of him in his garden - great poster. RIP.

14. GGMI

GGMI Member

I see there been a bit of uproar since I have departed the other forum. Lots of forum members deleting their accounts, My dear friend Tilly in particular is a real shame as she is a top gashead along with the likes of gashead79 and 4th username etc.

I see others say "it has gone to the dogs"

Tillys thighs
    Gashead79
    4thusername
    Purdown Poacher
    Bideford Gas
    Gasheadblues
    Gashead79
    Marshy
    Orgasmic
    Midsomer Murderer
    SeanClevedongas
    Okebournegas
    Even tbonegas

(sorry to any I have failed to mention).

Have all expressed their disappointment at seeing posters go lately/seem frustrated with the lack of democracy, some would say a dictatorship. I say if you've had enough come and Join us over here. It's a friendly place here really and I've been made to feel welcome on the whole. Apologies to any of you I have offended over the years, no harm intended and I did take my winding up too far sometimes (I just can't help myself )

Peace and love to you all especially Tilly who has been a big supporter
    Xxxxxx