1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ozil Jealousy By Rival Fans Is OTT. Sort Out Our Defence Instead Of Signing Ozil?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Dubbed The New Wenger, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Dubbed The New Wenger

This really is pathetic and cringeworthy.
    All these opposition fans are spouting the same bull propaganda that the media is pushing about Arsenal's defence being poor and whatnot instead of giving credit (not that we need it).

It's the mindlessness of it all. Clearly these sheep haven't sat down and given it a though for a moment. Didn't we have the 2nd best defensive record last season? That aside the defence has looked pretty solid bar the Villa game where the ref kinda bailed those guy out and we conceded 2 penalties and a counter attack goal when our team was 2 behind going for broke.
    It just does my head in.

Wenger has made a fool out of the people that doubted him (includes me and numerous fans). Refrain from making bigger fools out of yourselves and admit this is a coup.

The best playmaker in the world!! Yes boy!

2. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

One of our main problems last season was creativity. Well, we've just bought arguably the best creative player in the world. Not a bad nights work.

3. Depay Sound

Depay Sound Well-Known Member

The one thing Arsenal didn't need was a new central midfielder. Wenger has just spent over £40m on........ a central midfielder.

He is a very good player but not the player you need.

Don't get why Wenger is being lauded as a genius when he has failed to address any of Arsenal's weaknesses.

4. Depay Sound

Creativity has never been a problem for Arsenal. You create tonnes of chances but also miss a lot of them.

5. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Not true last season, there were serval games where we created absolutely nothing

6. Dubbed The New Wenger

Arsenal were dying for creativity. Our play has been static, predictable and one dimensional. Cazorla had a massive burden on his shoulders. Just have a look at the above comment by that Manc.
    Perfect example.

They were crying hoping Moyes signed Ozil. He joins Arsenal and the bitterness seeps through.

7. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Whenever any team signs a good player the overrated and waste of money comments from rivals are never far behind

8. Depay Sound

Completely ignore my points and just cry bitterness.

Don't start complaining when Arsenal
    suffer from the same old problems this season.

9. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

Do you think Fellaini was the player for you Edmund ?

10. Depay Sound

Good player but need more.

That useless twat Woodard ****ed up the Herrera deal. When a player of that quality shows real intent to play for you (he agreed to take a pay cut to join us) you ****ing make it happen.

Don't know why the **** we didn't go in for Mata or Ozil either.

Whole thing was a ****ing shambles.

11. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Against Norwich City we lost 1-0 and created 0 chances. One of the main issues we had last season was that Cazorla was our most creative player. Teams would set out to stop him playing and therefore stifle our creativity. That will be a much more difficult task now.

12. Purley

Purley Well-Known Member

Chelsea wouldn't sell Mata to you unless Rooney was coming the other way.

13. Arsegun

Arsegun Well-Known Member

We've conceded 1 goal in the last 4 games, and that was against Fulham after we were already 3-0 up. In the last 11 games of last season we conceded 5 goals. I'd say our defense is doing alright for now. Points answered?

14. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Exactly - with Ozil, Cazorla and Wilshere all on the pitch they can't all be marked out of a game! We should now have a much better chance of creating the opportunities to score we need in the tighter games where the opposition pack themselves behind the ball and surround Cazorla.

15. Arsegun

I think you did. Chelsea didn't want to sell to a rival, and Ozil told you to **** off.

16. AshfordGill

AshfordGill Active Member

So I take it from this that at the start of the window when you clearly stated that you had at least £70m to spend that you would have settled for signing 1 x Free transfer young striker (may be brilliant, but probably bought with a view to developing him into a first team player), 1 x Free defensive midfielder (a good signing in my opinion) and 1 x world class playmaker (a brilliant player but in your strongest position within the squad as it stood) so 3 players in total and no new centre halfs where you are short of numbers (nothing wrong with the quality) and no strikers again you are short of players, so you have approx £30m left over and a your squad maybe 2-3 players light considering you have no gimmes in the champions league, this is not a criticism (and not borne out of jealousy, well thats a lie I am Gillingham fan of course I am jealous) but just wondering if I had suggested that this would be sum total of your business back in June would you have seen that as a successful window?

17. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

I would have taken it in June because I wasn't expecting any signings of note, but I still think we might regret not getting a striker in earlier in the window

18. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

You forgot the GK we broughti n as well (don't worry it seems to have slipped under the radar due to the attention being on Ozil).

I'm happy with the signings we have made and think our squad has improved because of them. We could use an alternative striker and possibly a utility defender for back-up. But otherwise we are looking pretty strong. What we have should be ok to January as long as we aren't hit with an injury crisis and then we can get in the Top players we need rather than settling for sub-standard players for the sake of having the numbers.

19. Arsegun

Remember, Ozil could be a means to an end. It shows we have ambition and are building a better team. Also many top players would love to play with Ozil. I would have preferred a decent striker and a backup center back too, but I can see enough quality and ambition to be happy overall.

20. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

As did Cesc Fabregas & Thiago Alcantara <whistle>
    It would also appear that the cast of Resevoir Dogs ****ed up the Herrera deal <laugh>