1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paolo Di Canio has TWO league games to save his job as Roberto Di Matteo waits

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Dannyaccherini

Keeping Ji and selling Sessegnon to the only team below us in the league is reason for sacking alone you could argue, it truly was a big sign that we may have boldly chosen the wrong man, but our hearts keep telling us its all going to be alright, our brains however just think, "we are ****ed".

The club needs to take some blame as well for selling our best players and brainwashing us into thinking our playing style is going to change and a new exciting brand of football lies ahead.

Would still love to see PDC change it all around but the early signs are awful haha, another day in the life of following SAFC and its been like this since we began so its nothing new to the older generation.

2. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

If I thought we could cobble together say another 10 to 12 points in that time and claw our way to 15th or 14th by December 1st then I'd agree somewhat. I don't think we will have 6 points by December 1st and still no win and I don't think we will win another game under the current manager (before he is dismissed if he lasts that long)

Next 8 games: IMO

Liverpool h - 0
    Man Utd h - 0
    Swansea a - 0
    Scum h - 1
    Hull a - 1
    Man City - h - 0
    Stoke a - 1
    Villa - 1

3. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

that's a fare assumption.we can't ask for a great lot more but it's the previous five games we should have had more points.in fact after thirteen games I would of hoped for at least eleven points of course that is not good enough but it looks like we will not even get that bairing in mind that is taking into account our difficult run of games

4. its been fun thanks :)

its been fun thanks :) ♬♬Badum-tish! ♬♬
    Forum Moderator

Is the 'communication' aspect of Di Canio is something to consider for some of our recent failures?- tbh I'm fooked if I can understand half of what he's trying to converse normally (or more importantly what he means to say) and even more (worrying for me) is his regular often rapid n' excitable (albeit with a passion) voice when he's under duress, his spoken English often leaves me totally perplexed- God knows what the team (especially the foreign player) make of it when he's trying to discuss tactics !

5. Schwerer Gustav

Schwerer Gustav Well-Known Member

It is plain to see some thrive on failure, they actually crave for our team to fail so they can pull the incumbent manager and his team to bits and they all come out of the woodwork for the event, I do not believe they would able to cope with success.

The only way to success is stability - to make a change and then accept it may take a while for it to get sorted, this seems to be accepted yet after a handful of games in charge here we are again..........whinging like pussies and wanting the manager out.

What I see is errors on the pitch - the passing is abysmal, the club give the players the same kit to help them identify team mates to pass to and yet even this basic skill seems to be beyond them on the pitch - the players should be shot with ****e.

I do not believe they are adhering to PDC'S instructions on the pitch, hence the churn of players - and IMHO this is what PDC is referring to when he says the players are not with him, rather than the much hoped for by some dressing room disagreements.

From what I have heard Cattermole was barking our orders and making his mouth go - if he was underpinning PDC's instructions that is what we need.

I'm as disappointed the next fan but I'm worn down by the churn of managers it just does not work, I just want to see PDC given a proper go, if we go down we go down - however this happened under Reid, could it take the prospect of such a cataclysmic event to wake the players up - well we are heading that way so we will find out.

6. Cest Advocaat

I'd love to see a competent and professional manager a long run here and make his mark. PDC is neither I'm afraid and the longer he is allowed to bumble and stumble on the worse shape we will be in when we have to make that change.

PDC is way out of his depth managing big earning footballers and should go back to the 3rd division and the £400 or £500pw ones he can actually handle better.

7. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

8. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

Impossible to guess results with any accuracy...

Football is unpredictable

9. Cest Advocaat

Of course it's guesswork but then if I could predict with better accuracy, I'd win the pools every week. However, what I can do is use current form, performances and team selections/tactics from the manager that have been made so far to base my best guess on.

I think I won't be too far off but hey, this is a free world so feel free to post your predictions

10. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

R well