1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pardew got it wrong...massively wrong.

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Graham Carr's Binoculars, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

I don't think the score line flattered. All that possession in our own half meant Newcastle United were neutered, and not counting maybe two chances your team had no real goal threat. We could take shots from the same distance as your players and produce high shooting stats but the truth is they don't go in often so we only do them when there is a real chance they will go in... Like Shelvey.

I also fail to understand why Shelvey should have been sent off, the rules are clear that no contact no foul. Shall we discuss the tackle on Pablo that happened earlier in the game? Or would you prefer to discuss the reasons why Newcastle's penalty shouts were not as clear cut as two ex-Newcastle players made out on BT Sport and MOTD?

Newcastle lost 3-0. It's strike force looked weak and defence was always suspect. Swans dominated possession and pass completion, dominated that possession in all three zones on the pitch, and made fewer tackles because our team played better on the night.

2. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Graham Carr's Binoculars Well-Known Member

Firstly you don't need to make contact to be sent off. Plenty of players get sent off for "intent".

On to the performance of both teams. In the first half you had all of the ball and we were chasing shadows. Most of those shadows were from the edge of our box to the half way line though. You didn't get in behind our back four once and it made the first half a complete non event apart from the howler from Krul.

Second half, for the first twenty minutes we were the better team and had a stonewall pen denied. Davies arm didn't move towards the ball but his arm wasn't tucked in, it was outstretched and prevented Remy's shot from going in.

After you got the second, with an extremely fortuitous finish and less then ten seconds after our second penalty shout (was 50/50 and I think Webb just about made the right call on that one) you then proceeded to dominate the rest of the game.

And that's why 3-0 flattered you as it should have been 0-0 at half time and second half we were better for the first 20-25 mins and you were better from 70 mins onwards.

Enjoy your win and European campaign <ok>

Seriously though shocking atmosphere. Vocally your support was the poorest home support I've come across in the premier league. Only after you went 2-0 up did you actually make some noise and when you did it was decent, just not sure why it took you the best part of 70 minutes to do so.

Edit: Krul should also have saved the third goal.

3. Atticus

Atticus New Member

Don't do drugs, guys.

4. ProjectVRD

I know our atmosphere has just imploded within the last couple of months. First time I have known a Premier League stadium to be so silent that you can hear the players, so many people I know are panicking that we are relegation fodder.

5. Graham Carr's Binoculars

You're far from relegation fodder. You'll likely be around mid table with us. We're similar in terms of ability, we just have contrasting styles. I do think we'll finish above you but that's partly due to the fact that I think you'll qualify for the knockout stages of the Europa League and it becomes tough playing Thursday to Sunday for months on end.

6. ProjectVRD

I just wish we could be equal on the atmosphere front but at the moment the is a world of difference, I won't come back and say thanks later if after this result at home our crowd picks up, that'll be moronic and petty, but I do hope this is what the crowd needed. It's not really intimidating, your players must have thought it was training session!!

7. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Atmosphere was poor, but then away fans are generally louder at most grounds. As you've said it will almost definitely be down to your supporters apprehension regarding your current position. It should work itself out once you get a few more results like last night and begin to move up the table.

8. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;2FDcplwT-8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2FDcplwT-8Q[/video]​

It's been a pleasure guys!.....................<cheers>

9. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Go live on the Swansea board then fella.. It's a free country :emoticon-0148-yes:

10. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

<laugh>...............

11. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

It is in fact another country.

12. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

Hatem had a court appearance for his driving antics on thursday morning. Maybe that's why he wasn't there?

Honestly, I think the only change Pards should have made was Anita in for Shola, and we should have just slogged it out and hope for a nifty break. But bygones be bygones, onto man U. I think Pards will have to mix it up now. Also, Willo MYM looked better than Willo and Colo. IMO Colo should play in DM when we're only playing one striker, and then you can sub off one of the 3 when we need more firepower.

I'm feeling rather queezy about the ManU game. There will prolly be a ManU backlash, even if they're missing strikers and look pretty hapless. We tend to be a good team to play when your team is in trouble.

:-S

13. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

HBA should have been carrying a few free tickets around with him.

14. The mighty DeBOOSHy

The mighty DeBOOSHy Active Member

10 touches in our BOX not HALF - read what I said properly. Pass all you like, without any penetration, all it does is make for a boring game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.