1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Parkinson post Gillingham

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by SAFCY, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Sadlad

Sadlad Active Member

Gotta feeling there gonna be disappointed.

turnthetide3 likes this.
  2. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

It wasn't that I wanted us out of the cups as such... it was that I reckoned the tinpot cup was a factor in fixture congestion and not getting promoted

Blond Bombshell likes this.
  3. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

Recall any of the youngsters on loan as they couldn't do any worse.

Stick Grigg, McGeady and any one else who can't be arsed in the U23's and see if that makes a difference to their attitude.

Tell the youngun's that this is their chance to impress.

Gil T Azell and clockstander like this.
  4. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Lack of fitness, was seen in throughout the game, and it was clear that Gillingham ended the stronger. However playing the three amigos up front and a half fit Ozturk at the back was senseless, and in this particular game, cost us just as dearly imo.

MKmackem and Blond Bombshell like this.
  5. clockstander

There were a few players I would have loaned out before Robson at the time, and there's even more now.

6. dred

dred Well-Known Member

Leadbitter said it all in his interview last week " we must pull together and not as groups" says it all
    that's fair enough. What I will say in his defence is, out of the 92 goals he scored before he came here 84 were with his feet. Surely someone knew this.

7. dred

dred Well-Known Member

By all accounts Ozturk had a good game, as for costing us the game he had been subtituted when they scored

8. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

The players are either not playing for him, or they haven't got a clue what their roles are under Parky. It's imperative that we have a good January window, with a manager we know will take us forward.
    The next two home games are crucial to keep pace with the top two. Fail to win them and we need to admit that we've made a mistake with the managerial appointment. We did it with Di Canio when things were clearly not right in the camp, and we may need to do it again.
    I hope we don't need to, and the team miraculously wakes from it's slumber, but somehow I doubt that'll happen.

dred likes this.
  9. Iansun

Iansun Well-Known Member

Just put down the same statement for Saturday at 5 o'clock , it's like groundhog Day.

10. clockstander

What cost us was Gillingham were better than us and well organised, plus the fact that both Ozturk and Grigg (again) no surprises there to anyone, but the few. This restricted us to having to rely on tired under performing players, or those on yellows walking on eggshells to see out the game, never mind levelling it..
    My sole reservation about Ozturk s that he came back too soon last time, and its more important for him to be ready to play on Saturday.
    If Willis or Lynch are unavailable we could be down to Flanagan and the two U23's in CD, and partnerships are important in this crucial position.

The performances of both U32's were a bonus to the many of us on here who have been calling for the academy to be more involved for years now.

SAFCY likes this.

11. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

U32s. About time they got a game.

12. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Telly and a home draw in the f a cup would have brought good revenue in, well if i was Stuart i would be paying the players a visit and telling them what i thought of that in no uncertain terms. anyhow just lob the ball into the Coventry pen area on Saturday as much as possible, hopefully Mr Grigg will finally score ! i will buy the Coventry ticket tomorrow and if we win get the Burton ticket, but without that win i might not bother, terrible time this is.

13. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

The players we have should be scoring lots of goals at this level, but they are certainly not.. For me it looks like the whole team looks devoid of confidence, and this is what the manager needs to work on.. He certainly has one hell of a job on his hands that's for sure..

14. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

Ross left behind a mess. Yes or No?
    Is it all PP's fault?
    Nothing to do with hill or coton.
    Typical sort of post from PF fugitive.
    Unable and unwilling to debate or give an opinion. Just insult the poster.
    Lack of breeding or education.
    Let you decide

15. Whittylad

Whittylad Well-Known Member

I think the biggest mistake was playing our strongest centre half’s in the checkatrade game which left them injured. That was the game to play youngsters and fringe players.

16. Whittylad

Whittylad Well-Known Member

Or they just aren’t good enough.

17. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I only mentioned that you seem to squeeze him in every post.

I don't think he left behind a mess, no. He halted the slide of the club and made us very difficult to beat. He lead us to a play-off final and a cup final. I accept he probably had to go in the end but I fail to see how you or anybody else can not see that overall Jack Ross done a very decent job under the circumstances.

Hill and Coton are being afforded way to much reign at the club. So far, the scouting seems to be ****e and so do a lot of the players that they've recommended being brought into the club. I'd let them go with Stewie though when the now inevitable takeover happens and I'd be much more confident the Yanks will replace them with quality.

So did Jacky Ross knock you back or what?

smithy in nl, Nig and The Norton Cat like this.
  18. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

When are you going to calm down and move on? Grigg was bought as a proven goal scorer par excellence at this level, that is a proven fact

he has failed due to the players incompetence, hill and cotton can’t score goals for him

lack of breeding or education? What the hell is that about? You don’t have to have breeding or education to understand that you speak in hyperbole from a lack of actual knowledge

19. Brainman

Brainman Well-Known Member

Parky won't be ditched.
    We're not far off the top and we just need to hang in there until
    A. The fitness coach does his thing,
    B. Parky has a fully fit squad to pick from,
    C. We add a couple of players in Jan.

I trust Parky and if things go right I can see us going on a run in the new year.
    (Yeah, Ok. When did things last go right?)

smithy in nl likes this.
  20. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

Thing is, how do you think the next two home games will go? On form 1 pt or less? We could be twenty points away from a play off position come January