1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Paul Hart makes pledge over Leeds United academy talent

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by patb, Mar 7, 2016.

1. patb

patb Well-Known Member

Football
    All Teams

Paul Hart makes pledge over Leeds United academy talent

Head of academy at Leeds United is convinced more first team stars are on the way.

Embed from Getty Images
    Leeds United's head of academy Paul Hart has promised more young players will make their way into the first team.

Speaking to the West Riding FA, Hart insisted the club are blessed with talent, which is all down to the hard work of the scouting department.

He said: "I can think back to ’63 when Lorimer, Gray, Hunter, Cooper, Madeley, Reaney all came through, and in my first spell we had a very fruitful five years.

"That’s continuing now, and I can speak with authority to say that the future is bright. I’m very pleased with what it’s looking like.

"We have Terry Potter here, who works his magic in this area. We have a great record of recruiting inner-city boys, and he (Potter) seems to pluck them out of nowhere. We know that the first place to start is your own city, and as long as we’re here Leeds boys will know that they have a chance at this football club”

Hart's words are encouraging for supporters who long for their great tradition of producing players to continue,

2. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Lorimer, Gray, Hunter, Cooper, Madeley and Reaney would make the current team look immeasurably better. Come to think of it, they would make most teams look immeasurably better. Here's hoping for another golden crop - that is exactly what we need right now :emoticon-0148-yes:

davy likes this.
  3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

This can't be right - we've already been informed today on this board that TA is in chaos & we're unlikely to turn up many new gems there.

Who to believe - Paul Hart or Glory? Toughie, eh? :rolleyes:

4. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

That's good, we managed to get one reply in to this interesting, Leeds United related post before the sniping started :emoticon-0148-yes:

xbpod likes this.
  5. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Two thoughts.
    1. Is the bloke running the academy going to say anything other than something positive?
    2. Why say it now? Perhaps because Paul Hart needs to raise his profile, I would be speculating but would be willing to bet he is our caretaker boss by seasons end, unless Cellino just replaces Evans without an interim caretaker.

I see the boards wannabe bully still can't resist replying to my posts and name checking me despite been told by the mods to desist. Fairly sure I can see how this is going to play out if it doesn't stop.....

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  6. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Chippy, with respects,

I can't see anything wrong in Jock inserting yours, or anyone else's names into his comments, if that is what you're referring too; there is no malice there, and I find it hard to believe that the mods would tell someone on here to stop using other peoples names in there comments/replies. You yourself referred to Jock as a wannabe bully, there's not one rule for you and one rule for anyone else on here you know.

No malice here Chippy, but maybe you need to take a step back and have a good look at yourself.........:emoticon-0148-yes:

xbpod likes this.
  7. lifecheshirewhite

Leeds will always have a good academy,the main reason is you have to recruit from within I think its one hour of your training ground,so as long as the Leeds area produces some good kids,they don't have that many option's but to come Leeds.And as its a large city it gives us a big advantage.

8. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

o

Apart from we have both been told not to by our mods by PM and publically.... One of us not abiding by the instruction/request......
    I am trying to disengage from it, and let the place settle down. A bit difficult when one poster is carrying out what is starting to feel like a vendetta. I don't even mind that but I knw the second I argue back I am likely to be toast! You seriously thing that's fair?

9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When I read this article myself I was pleased to hear Paul Hart saying this but I did wonder why he felt the need to....

Is this in reference to concerns by fans and if so no smoke without a fire? I just wondered why he felt the need to suddenly come out with this...

Maybe it is such a disappointing season on all fronts the club has said "what can we say to the fans to keep them happy, it has to be believable and something that we can't be challenged about"...

I don't know, just sounds like clutching at something to keep the fans happy.... Let's all hope he is telling the truth...

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  10. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

I did think when Paul Hart rejoined the academy it was one of our best signings. He is a top class academy coach and if he can see promise in some of the kids it must be a good sign. Chopping and changing the coach will not do any good under the present ownership.

Farsleyexile likes this.

11. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Happen to agree with you chippy, sounded more like a job application than a statement about the academy and signs seems like Cellino's trigger finger is getting itchy again.