1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pearson to Leicester

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by BigFox, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

2. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

Oh...nice. Added to favourites.

The trouble with that table is that it doesn't take into account cup wins or European wins, nor which leagues you've picked up points in. Hence Bristol City and Notts Co are above us.

But whatever stats you look at, we seem to consistently be in the top 20-25 of all time.

3. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

Leicester Gangster, do you really want to be Leeds Utd? That sort of argument is exactly the sort of rubbish they've been coming out with for years.

Wigan are very low in that list but for the last 5 years have been a cut above teams like you and us........

History doesn't count towards ponts at the end of the season.... or do you believe in only "big clubs" should be in the top league?

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

That table means nothing. If you go off that table that means Grimsby Town are more successful then Chelsea and Bury more successful then us

5. Lesta Gangsta

EH?

I just think it's interesting to see where a club stands in an history context. We are constantly told by Leeds and Forest fans we have no history, but, as I said above, whatever set of stats you look at historically, we're in the top 20-25.

I know clubs like Hull like to pretend that these things don't matter, but they do.

Wigan are the sort of club that, when they get relegated (and let's face it, it should be this season) will go into freefall.

And no, history doesn't count towards points, but potential investors, players and managers will all think about a club pedigree before committing themselves to it. Naming no names of course.

6. Lesta Gangsta

Yes, I tend to agree. I'd prefer to see an updated version of the one I posted.

7. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

I dont understand how the likes of Wigan can last so long in the prem when all they seem to do is lose every week

8. Lesta Gangsta

They're the modern Coventry!

9. Horsham_Tiger

Wigan are a well run club who attract decent managers and loads of players that go on to "bigger" clubs. If you look at their scouting network's successes you'll be jealous.

Face it the players they have picked up over the years are streets ahead of anyone you have on your books.

10. Horsham_Tiger

We do have history, not very successful but we do have a long history. I think you are getting ahead of yourself as to how "big" Leicester is/was.

You should be looking at really big clubs in the midlands like Forest and Derby!

11. Lesta Gangsta

Only because they have the draw of currently being a Premiership club. If they are relegated and we don't get promoted, we'll see who has the better squad next season.

12. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wouldn't say streets ahead.

Players like Dos Santos and Victor Moses wouldn't get into our womens team (and they lose every week)

They do have a good squad though and they have a fantastic manager. Would be surprised if they stay up though.

13. Lesta Gangsta

But considering how they have both won the top flight league, it shows that they haven't traditionally been streets ahead as they would like us to believe. Neither have Leeds for that matter.

I'm not trying to be a WUM to the Hull fans, but OLM posted several times that Hull were historically a second tier club. These stats say not.

14. Horsham_Tiger

You sound delusional.....keep taking the tablets. Seriously look at some of the players Wigan have had that have moved on to clubs like Spurs and Utd

15. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah i'm not saying they havn't had those players but they don't have a squad (in my opinion) capable of staying up.

16. Horsham_Tiger

They're not down yet.

Back to the Forest poser, surely they are the most successful midlands team ever? So historically a bigger club than Leicester? After all twice European champions........ that's proper history.......

(by the way, us tigers often sing "Silverware, we don't care, follow City everywhere.......)

17. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Of course, but that doesn't mean I don't think they will go down <ok>

For the record I do think Forest are a bigger club than us. Of course they are, but I don't think they dwarf us <ok>

18. Lesta Gangsta

Aston Villa are the fourth most successful club in England. So no.

19. Horsham_Tiger

Next we'll have the scousers on telling us all about how many league titles they have won......

Or maybe the Royal Engineers or Huddersfield Town or Bury..... talking about the FA cup

20. Lesta Gangsta

Forest are about the same size as us, but have been more successful, there's no doubt about it.

But their fans are inbred, so it's all swings and roundabouts.