1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Petition to change EFL governance

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Tangerino, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

A message to ALL football fans, regardless of which club you follow;

Blackpool Supporters Trust has recently created a government petition with the following aim;

The Government must introduce an independent regulator for English football. We urge the Government to introduce an independent regulator for English football, charged with ensuring the highest possible standards of governance for all clubs.

The troubles we have endured at Blackpool FC during the Oyston ownership are well documented and make unbelievable reading, which has culminated in the Oystons being made to pay Valeri Belokon over £30m.

Blackpool FC has become a by-word in the football community for mismanagement and crisis, and yet after a period several years, nothing has been done. The EFL shows no sign that it understands what its leadership role in this area should be, and as it clearly can’t - or won’t - rise to the challenge, then we feel that the Government must step in to lead the process of fundamental reform that is clearly needed.

Blackpool is not the only club in such circumstances. Other 'crisis' clubs include AFC Wimbledon, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Coventry City, Fulham, Hull City, Leyton Orient, Leeds United and many more we don't have space to mention!!

Football clubs are too precious and too much a part of the fabric of our national life, to be left to the mercy of unregulated and often unscrupulous ownership. They need the protection of a robust regulatory framework that offers a range of sanctions against wrongdoers, mechanisms that allow problems to be confronted before they become deep-rooted and a governing body that has the desire to use it.

As football fans, I would ask that you join us in trying to bring about change within the game and hopefully prevent future owners from loading clubs with debt, asset stripping and running clubs into the ground.

We are all fans and we should stick together to ensure the clubs we love are owned and managed properly.

The petition can be found here – https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/213108

Thank you all for your support and if you have Twitter, please feel free to tweet this or add on Facebook - get this message out there!! If you are a member of your club's fans forum, please post this on there for us to spread the word - we as fans are all in this together.

Please let us know if you sign it, or even disagree with the petition by adding a comment/thumbs up. You can also sign the petition if you are browsing as a guest on this forum.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  2. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Leeds are a club in crisis due to management but we're not?

GTF

3. Stockholm Tiger

Stockholm Tiger Well-Known Member

Ask yourself would Ehab Pencil Peepee want me to sign this? Now ask yourself what you're gonna do....

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  4. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

Those are just examples and we know mis-management goes on all over the place. The aim of the petition is to get some proper accountability and governance into the EFL, so that clubs like ours do not have to go what we have been through - it is not Blackpool FC specific.

We want fans' voices to be heard and that is why we need everyone's support to do this by signing the petition.

Hope this helps and good luck for the rest of the season:emoticon-0148-yes:

5. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

you get my vote as soon as you add Hull City to the list

6. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

**** off

7. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

Voila
    We could add almost every club in the EFL

8. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I don't want regulation to come in. We'll be free of our dictators before long. Other clubs will suffer. Once the boot is on our foot once again it will be getting shoved rather deep into the arseholes of those who find it all amusing.

Particularly the Sheffield clubs.

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  9. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

I don't want regulation to come in. We'll be free of our dictators before long. Other clubs will suffer. Once the boot is on our foot once again it will be getting shoved rather deep into the arseholes of those who find it all amusing.

Particularly the Sheffield clubs.

There is regulation in place already by the EFL & FA - but they are ignoring what fans are saying and basically, they're useless.
    Also, there is nothing amusing in any club being shafted by owners in any league - that is what we want to change.

I have no intention of getting into arguments with anyone. If you want to support the petition, fine. If you don't want to, fine.

As fans of any club, we should be together to get our voices heard.

Fez likes this.
  10. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Good article by David Conn on this.
    https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ckpool-versus-football-league-ownership-rules

Good job for Allam snr and jr this is the case-

"People are not barred as directors for running clubs appallingly, even for being in actual breach of directors’ duties or, as in the Oystons’ case, for seriously alienating supporters who protested about their financial draining of the club."

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Tangerino likes this.

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Already signed it, the EFL needs to sort it's self out and start protecting the history of our clubs, and get rid of these owners milking the clubs for all they are worth.

bunkers, Kempton, PLT and 1 other person like this.
  12. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

Signed and shared on Facebook.

13. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

I cannot believe any football supporter would not want to sign this

14. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

Obadiah - thank you for sharing this
    Evington - my thoughts exactly

Just to clarify,

I received a query from another football forum asking if I created the petition. The answer is no, it was created and is lead by Blackpool Supporters Trust.
    I just want to help and spread the message to as many football fans as possible. Thanks to all of you that have signed the petition thus far :)

15. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

16. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

17. Deano's Volley

Deano's Volley Well-Known Member

As Sainsbury's once said "every little helps" :bandit:. if it stops people like the allams from ruining clubs its worth doing

18. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

That i s spot on and why we need change:emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes:

19. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I'm more than happy to have signed, although you omitting to include us in the original list was a monumental **** up.

Good work though <ok>

20. TigerMarv

TigerMarv Well-Known Member

Signed

But surprised it didn't have more signatures.