1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pick a team to roll Spuds.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

OK here goes.

GK Petrovic
    RB Chalobah
    CD Badashiell
    CD Silva
    RB Cuckoo
    DM Caceido
    DM Gallagher
    CM Casadei
    LW Palmer
    RW Madueke
    CF Jackson

All assuming no injuries !!

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Everytime I look at our squad it makes me want to cry.....wtf happened to us man!

3. Chelsea Pensioner

A bunch of clueless, arrogant, out of their depth Clowns bought the Club and quickly proved that money spent without intelligence or knowledge will disappear quicker in the PL than you can say " First get in a decent striker". Now Raheem Sterling wants to stay and "prove the critics wrong ". Suspect he'll prove just the opposite, a classic 300Gs a week piece of hopeless business.

4. Chelsea Pensioner

Not all gloom and doom. Pretty good win and a couple of big surprises. First, Jackson keeps improving. He was very unlucky to not get a first goal when it was cleared off the line after he's beaten Goalie. He causes problems for sure and got a goal. Second is Cucurella, who has exploded into great form after playing more midfield than normal. Two great games and a good piece of tactical change by Poch. Third is that change benefits Mudryk who also looks much better and focused.
    Not such a surprise, but point hopefully taken by Poch is Gallagher and Caicedo finally playing in correct positions has transformed our midfield. Caicedo now looks a different player. Finally, Chalobah shows again he's light years better than Badashielle and Disasi. His attacking and passing give us so much more speed out of defence and he has to be kept. Should be massive with Fofana whenever he's back. Three more points and up the ladder we go as well.

Diego likes this.
  5. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Just how clueless and and clownlike not to mention the "Arrogance." (no idea how that word is relevant but hey ho) that has gone before. I see an upturn in performances for many of our often derided players. Jackson will be a massive talent given the right coach. It might be Poch. We have workhorses in Connor and Moises, we have talent in Palmer an Madueke, Gusto is the real deal and I expect him to be a Real or PSG player very soon. There is the Elephant in the room Sterling total shyte in my opinion. Mudryck is close to being his twin. Back to the good bits, Fofana, Wesley that is, is a massive player and when fit will be a boost for the defence, James I sincerely hope gets fit and back to health, as there is no other player that excites me when on the ball, he can do and play anywhere on the pitch. Really need this man to recover from whatever is holding him back. If you think our regime is poor then judge us from looking at the other organisations, we are premier league and will remain so for the foreseeable future. Happy days are just a win away, we got the home stuff sorted. Well Spuds any way.

6. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Not convinced on Fofana, been out with two massive injuries and not sure how well he’ll cope when coming back.

Cucurella looks quite good in that weird inverted full back/midfield thing that everybody seems to do now. Madueke is a handful and similarly to Jackson, needs to work on his product but at least he can take a man on and create a chance.

Would just like us to have a lot less injuries next season, our bench last night was essentially the youth team.

7. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

It was a good job we were only playing the Spuds

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Only hope that the "owners" have also learnt a few things too. Boehly stepping back a bit is a good start, and hopefully the backroom boys can link up with the manager and work out a coherent recruitment Policy. First and foremost concentrates on strengthening our weak positions, and stop buying 18 year olds for "the future".
    That said ,if an 18 year old is good enough, then play him ( Maatsen per say). We haven't turned the corner yet, but we are half way round and haven't spun out !!

Bullet tooth Tony likes this.