1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Playoff Semi-final 2 | Leeds v Norwich | Elland Road | Thu 20:00

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Hairy Mary Quite Canary, May 15, 2024.

?

Who's going to Wembley?

Poll closed May 17, 2024.
  1. Leeds

40.0%
  2. Norwich

30.0%
  3. Reading

30.0%
  1. Puncturedtractortyre

Puncturedtractortyre Well-Known Member

You and Leicester are definitely the best equipped for a pop at Prem survival tbf

NostradEmus and ristac like this.
  2. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

Goes to show how much I know. Before the game, I was thinking this would go to penalties.

There's 2 Leeds supporters where I work, so tomorrow will be fun, lol.

zogean_king, ristac and NostradEmus like this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Your neighbours believe that they can hold off an approach from Man U for their coach. They think their scouts are going to unearth PL quality for peanuts and that they shouldn’t be signing players on £50k a week. Not to mention believing top players will choose them over established teams also looking to strengthen.

Sunday 26th we need this Leeds team to turn up, not the one that did against QPR

Then we can all enjoy the fight for PL survival and wonder what it’s all in aid of

4. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I’m keeping quiet when I hear them say these things and gently nodding my head, just remembering every little piece so I can spew it back at them in October.
    The Premier League is a different place from what they remember over 20 years ago

5. Puncturedtractortyre

Puncturedtractortyre Well-Known Member

I have to give credit for a brilliantly executed free kick - the distraction technique was awesome! Shame we couldn't defend it. It was downhill from there.

RiverEndRick likes this.
  6. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

That's that then.

7. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

NorthCityCanary likes this.
  8. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

You beat me by a few minutes. Got up, missed the first goal, saw the next two and promptly went back to bed.

zogean_king likes this.
  9. mike555

mike555 Well-Known Member

We were always going to struggle if Leeds discovered their earlier season form when they were comfortably in the autos. Team selection or the fitness of certain players had very little to do with the outcome. The gulf in quality is very apparent and hopefully Leeds will go on to win the final. No doubt Sara , Rowe , and maybe Sargent and Sainz will be sold on for sizeable profits and some of our academy players will become familiar faces in the 1st XI . IMO there's lots to look forward to.

Last edited: May 17, 2024
  10. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Interesting that many fans are concerned that we are going to have to sell the like's of Sara, Rowe, Sargent, Sainz and Gunn. With the exception of maybe Sainz all players who failed for whatever reason failed to show up for the most important game in their playing careers so far.

11. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I think Sara will be off and maybe one more, but we don't have to sell all of them. We need to continue the squad rebuild lowering the wages and bringing in more yoof as even the few mins I watched they looked like a game too far for them, they looked nackered. Anyway promotion 2025 hope springs eternal/ I don't think those coming back down will be as good as those going back up if Leeds or Southampton join the top 2

12. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

I’d be surprised if we hold onto either or both Sara and Sargent. Sainz and Rowe are probably more like 50/50

SuffolkCanary and zogean_king like this.
  13. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

error

zogean_king likes this.
  14. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Norwich team yesterday trying to play

15. Johnnywarkstache

Johnnywarkstache Well-Known Member

The Norwich fire sale officially begins now that the parachute money has stopped <laugh>

16. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

Didn't seem much love lost between Rowe and Wagner when Rowe was subbed; he walked straight past Wagner, ignoring the hand that was offered him. I doubt if he was angry with himself.

17. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

This is about right, but we don't have to sell any player so the price will be high if we do. Sara and Sargent have shown no desire to leave, but that could change. If we can get around £5m for Idah, who does apparently want to leave, then that is a start but we will have to replace him and the potential of van Hooijdonk is still uncertain. Much will depend on how much the Attanasio group are willing to invest in players.

We have some promising young players like Kamara, Warner, Adegboyega and others returning from loans as well as Aboh, Welch, Montóia who have moved up to the first team this year. It's going to be an interesting summer.

zogean_king likes this.
  18. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Except for a timely tackle to deny a scoring chance, Rowe's performance was one of the most disappointing on the night and he finished with a WhoScored rating of 5.45 for his 81 minutes. He has struggled to get back to his best after his injury so we'll have to see where he goes from here but I doubt either Wagner or Knapper will want to lose him.

carrowcanario likes this.
  19. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

Given his struggle to get back to his best after his injury, why did Wagner start him yesterday in preference to Sainz?

20. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Wagner sacked