1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Plymouth game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Feb 11, 2018.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

We can have few complaints as Plymouth were the better side. It was the best performance I have seen from a visiting side at the Meadow this season with our midfield struggling to contain them all game. That said it was annoying to give away two poor goals defensively. I think Tote was affected by the knock he got early on and he and Matt really struggled against the physical approach of Taylor. When we did get at their back four they looked vulnerable but we could never maintain enough pressure to really test them. I thought Thomas showed ability but he needs to learn that he will not be able to beat three or four players in the box (leave that to Messi!) and should pass or shoot after he has beat one man.
    Just as we enter the final stretch our home performances have taken a worrying dip - we need to adapt to the heavy bobbly pitch better but at least the other results did not turn this setback into a disaster.

Matster likes this.
  2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Took new people to the match on Saturday and was dissapointed with the game. I commented afterwards that it was probably in the top two of bad games this season. Plymouth played a system that beat ours, similar to the result at their end. Perhaps Hurst needs to look into preparing a plan B system for such situations?

Toto did get a big knock and I agree it did seen to affect him. He barely jumped for stuff directly after the event and that put pressure onto us. Thomas does need to learn to look up and share occasionally as he often lost the ball after some brilliant work.

Real shame we didn't make something better of the game, but we now move onto a Fleetwood team who we always struggle against but are currently struggling. Who will come out better?