1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pochettino, shows how to win a game and lose the fans.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Poch seems to be trying hard to turn fans against him with a stream of crazy decisions and statements. At half time against Leicester he should have been hauling off the useless ,lazy bludger Sterling ,instead he gave his usual mogodon pep talk and out they came again to almost throw a straight forward win away. Sterling went from bad to atrocious, yet stayed on to see the much better (again) Mudryk replaced. Fans reacted accordingly.Finally even Poch decided to replace Sterling and afterwards said he had been good, but a bit unlucky !!!!!!!!! "He's a very good player with 10 years experience" according to Poch. Anyway , the players who didn't start, Chucky and Madueke saved his arse and we eventually won.This man is not the Manager we need , we win despite him ,his attack and defence is still muddled and accident prone and his subs and selections baffling.

Diego likes this.
  2. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Was really odd seeing Sterling stay on for so long. I can see why he didn’t take him off at HT cause it would’ve affected him even more but he got it all wrong keeping him on for longer than Mudryk, who looked quite tidy when played central.

We deserved to win overall but we have a really bad habit of making things hard for ourselves. Would definitely like a new centre back in the summer…

Separate mention for Palmer & Gusto who seem to be two players who could maybe even be considered a bargain, surrounded by the usual overpriced ones of course but it’s good to know we have added a couple of good players to our squad in the last couple of transfer windows.

3. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I thought we were dead and buried when Leicester scored 2. Fortunately we seem to have a couple of players who know how to turn a match around.

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Then we got the people going off at the fans who dissed Poch chanting, "You dont know what you're doing!" because his subs won the game.
    But people forget he is the reason they were subs, he didnt pick them, when he clearly should have.
    Sterling should have gone at half time, he was having a mare.

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Saw a comment on some forum that the fans are not so much mad at the players, but the people who bought them and the people who play them out of position or don't play them at all. That's me apart from Sterling who I think is taking the piss + 300Gs a week.

Bodinki likes this.
  6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Clearlake are terrible.
    Its now been reported that we will not meet FFP requirements this summer unless we generate £100m in player sales before the end of June this year!
    Thats gonna mean selling players who bring us pure profit, ie James and Gallagher.
    yeah we could sell Mudryk and get £30m but we still owe that much if not more to Shahktar for buying him so that does us no favours.
    Sterling has to go this summer, Maatsen and James have to go too. Gallagher, as much as I dont want him to, will probably also go.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Bloody ridiculous to think that we sell great players because we payed too much for lesser players. Clearlake have totally stuffed us and we are in financial trouble every season they have been here. Just how dumb Clearlake is will be obvious as the FFP closes in on us.

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

indeed.
    They have bought a bunch of midling players at massively overinflated prices, chiefly Mudryk , Enzo and Caicedo.
    Clearlake committed the rookie mistake, at least with Enzo, of signing a player based on one good international tournament performance.

This means that we are going to have to sell off homegrown players, for the profit figures, so say goodbye to Maatsen, Gallagher and James.
    Also, the pisser is, that the buying clubs are going to be aware of how desperately we need the money so there is no way they are going to offer market value for these players either.

The only question left now is, how much of our **** form has been down to our new purchases being ****, and how much of it was down to ****ty management by Potter, Lampard and Poch? 3 managers all facing the same issues points to it being a personnel problem, even if none of the managers are what I would call "top tier".
    We have talent in this squad. There has to be a reason Arsenal wanted Mudryk and Liverpool wanted Caicedo, I refuse to believe they are truly this ****.

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Looking on the bright side ( not easy to do) we do have some very talented players that have come in. Gusto, Palmer standouts, but Jackson has improved, Mudryk is starting to show form, Chuckwemenke , Madueke, Disasi (despite his blunder) even Caseido is starting to play like he can.There is talent in the medical rooms too, Fofana, James of course. What we do lack is players that are experienced, are leaders and are still able to play well, which Silva was until his age caught him out.
    Personally I don't rate Pochettino as the right Manager, but it's hard to judge with all the off field dopes pulling strings and causing problems.Nevertheless like many others I'm not impressed with Pochs' tactics, starting selections or subs, and there's still panic and muddled thinking up front and at the back. That's the Managers job surely.

10. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

For what it's worth... i think it would be absolute madness to get rid of Poch. I could give reasons but at the moment i'm too tired and half pissed :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0113-sleep:emoticon-0113-sleep:emoticon-0113-sleep.

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I mean, he hasn't really shown anything to me to prove that is the case.
    We have a squad that cost a billion and a half to assemble and we are sitting in 11th place ffs.
    I know not all of that is down to Poch. They didnt buy a striker, and they only bought kids at over inflated prices, and no leaders.
    But even still, I expected this season for us to be fighting it out in the top 6 with an outside chance of 4th like Spurs and United are doing.
    Even with no striker, I refuse to believe this squads place is 11th in the league.