1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Pointless point-scoring thread

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by RebelBhoy, May 15, 2012.

1. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Sevco fans have today taken oneupmanship to whole new level.

After moaning like **** about a banner depicting a sniper shooting zombies, the Sevconians have today relaxed their anti-weapon stance by placing a massive **** off Cannon on their pitch.

please log in to view this image

Some say it is a tribute to the Arsenal shares, others contend it is to demonstrate to the fans what taxes pay for.

To everyone else it is just cringeworthy ironic jingoism.

2. eric cartman

eric cartman Well-Known Member

Hugh keevins will be going ballistic.

3. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Looks like a 105mm Light Gun, that's the ones I used to be on.

I suspect you have this wrong though, they are firing footballs from that during goalkeeping practice. Toughening them up for all the Hot Shot Hamishes they face in the bottom tier.

Archers Road likes this.
  4. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Hot shot Hamish <laugh>

You'll get no tanks for puns like that.

5. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

When William joined the army he didn't care for the phrase 'fire at will' ...

6. EspaniaCelt

Dev, is it true that you're a seasoned veteran ... having survived mustard gas and pepper spray?

7. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

[video=youtube;CcQweyjF7dw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcQweyjF7dw[/video]

<laugh>

Their programme is ****ing hilariously cringey....

8. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

thesins

We Welcome the Chase

BetFred Displaying "Newco Rangers" Sign
    This was is in their shop in Drumoine today.

Plenty Bears been contacting them via twitter with BetFred responding to the RST as can be seen below.

[/QUOTE]

I'd say anyone with a BetFred account should consider contacting them informing them you will no longer bet with them until they say why it was used in the first place and confirm it will not be used again.

:lol::champs:

:zombie::zombie::zombie:

9. eric cartman

eric cartman Well-Known Member

If they had listen to clyde tonight they would be in uber beel mode. Spiers and keevins saying that they are a new club.

10. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Earned my spurs at Sevastapol.

11. EspaniaCelt

Good track record?

12. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

ah ye bastard rebel, I did my own obsessed thread on that <doh>

13. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry Mick, i use this thread to channel my inner Ned Dog. I can't wait till monday till we get to hear about James McClean and minutes silences.

14. EspaniaCelt

Sounds like you might be feeling sick Reb?

[video=youtube;gJ4iDdyfsi8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ4iDdyfsi8[/video]

15. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Ave Godda bidda va cold

16. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

Yes I am waiting for the collective cries of disgrace bestowed upon us for not bowing our heads to an institution we genuinely have no care for.

17. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

I made the mistake of getting into it already on the Sunderland board. Who'd have thought that they'd have two Ben's of their own on there.

18. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Lest we forget:

THE playing of the sectarian Famine Song by a band taking part in an Remembrance Day parade outside a Catholic church has been condemned by nationalist politicians, clergy and community leaders.

The Apprentice Boys last night described the incident in which the Dunmurry Protestant Boys struck up the controversial tune as "unfortunate" and a "minor infringement" and hit out at attacks it says were carried out against participants in its parade.

In a statement the order condemned nationalist protesters it accused of breaching determinations.

And contrary to reports, the organisation said it had not expelled the band involved in the playing of the music.

"It is unfortunate that a minor infringement which was down to a breakdown in communication has allowed others to look at the outcome of yesterday's remembrance parade with a negative outcome," an Apprentice Boys spokesman said.

It was the second time the song - banned in Scotland - had been played outside St Patrick's church in central Belfast in the last six months.

On the Twelfth of July, the Young Conway Volunteers were filmed playing the Famine Song while marching in circles outside St Patrick's.

The PSNI said it was investigating the incident and also an alleged attack on a parade member.

The administrator at St Patrick's on Donegall Street said he was disappointed at the conduct of the band but optimistic that talking would continue.

However, Fr Michael Sheehan said people in the area were losing patience with the loyal orders after repeated flouting of determinations.

"I am disappointed that the determination has been broken again. This is the fourth time, the fourth month and the fourth parade this has happened," he said.

The Apprentice Boys said its members moved to stop the band from playing the song and expressed its concern "that there were also several breaches of the determination by Carrick Hill Residents Group including attempts to physically assault their members and a number of incidents when parading and playing members were spat on by protestors, that along with the verbal abuse which was directed at this parade".

The Carrick Hill Concerned Residents Committee hit out at the Parades Commission earlier this week after five bands were told they could play hymns at the flashpoint.

The ruling came after residents and the Apprentice Boys met for the first time last month in a bid to reach a deal ahead of the march.

Chairman of the group Frank Dempsey said Saturday's breach had caused insult to people.

"Now we have another march coming up on December 1 and we have to ask, when is someone going to uphold these determinations? Here we are again," Mr Dempsey said.

19. Bib Fortuna's Maw

Bib Fortuna's Maw Well-Known Member

I just read some of it there <yikes>

20. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Who knew there were more people like Benjamin in this world?

Proper mentals. I am, glad that at least some folk were receptive. It is kinda weird to see it.