1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The IncREDibles

The IncREDibles Well-Known Member

I literally fell asleep during the game and woke up in time to see the keepers' spot kicks <laugh>

organic red likes this.
  2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

So people can make accounts hiding their IP addresses just to throw abuse around? I probably sound ridiculous because I didn't know this. I thought that all accounts had to be verifiable so that anybody joining had to behave themselves or face the consequences. I really don't understand the mentality of some people.

3. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Ridiculous, yes. There is a process when signing up but it's always an easy work around, usually just requires additional email accounts which are really easy to acquire anyway.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I should add that I've never seriously criticised anyone online, only playfully on here or with mates.

Closest I've done is to Stan Collymore; he was talking about footballers having a responsibility to act professionally and as role models, I replied with "oh, the irony" and he blocked me. Hardly abusive <laugh>

organic red and Bumps like this.
  5. moreinjuredthanowen

It's that simple

It's a common technology to link your bank or whatever account to your phone

The issue is these companies simply do not want to verify identities.

Google and apple are basically your go to emails.

The logic is Instagram turn to google then Google turn to the phone provider and in theory that is linked to a household bill.

It should be very feasible that a known Id is linked to the email account and that account can have 40 social media accounts but it links all back

6. johnsonsbaby

Truth hurts <laugh>

Bumps and Zanjinho like this.
  7. johnsonsbaby

The main reason for me not wanting to join Twitter and Facebook is because I don't want people to be able to find out who I am and where I am. I know all the stuff about having your posts on Facebook, at least, only viewable by those you invite to view them but I simply don't trust that hackers could locate if they wanted to.

Funnily enough, I've been warned by family members (who all have social media accounts but won't have an Amazon echo) about Alexa listening in to everything I say and that doesn't bother me in the least <laugh>

Bumps and Zanjinho like this.
  8. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

If anyone wants to hack us we've all got smart phones anyway. I use or have used most social media platforms, never but personal info on. I have Alexa too but again, Amazon, Ebay, etc are worse fir hackers anyway.

I did regret sharing more than I should have done on here at one point but still nothing to worry about.

9. johnsonsbaby

I think you shared your boy's names but that's all the I've seen from you in regard to personal information. It's not like we've got a picture of your house and therefore your address like some people <whistle>

Zanjinho likes this.
  10. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

The rest of us are all still mentally scarred from seeing those pictures though.

11. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

I work on the basis that if someone wants to hack me go for it
    I have **** all credit
    Massive debts and low income
    I always hope that they will take pity on me and shove something in my bank account like that Billy Connolly bit when the outside big gets broken into lmao<laugh><laugh>

12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

You paid good money for that privilege too ;)

Same <laugh>

Bumps likes this.
  13. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

BREAKING: The Telegraph are reporting that Man United are set to offer Solskjaer a brand new three year deal.

<party>

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING likes this.
  14. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

At least you promised that my cheque with the refund is in the post and should be here any day now.

Otherwise you can just post your credit card details here and I'll take care of the rest.

Zanjinho likes this.
  15. The IncREDibles

The IncREDibles Well-Known Member

Closest thing I've done was on twitter to Robbie Savage when I asked him who "Jotevic" was

Zanjinho likes this.
  16. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

Was reported a while ago. His current deal expires at the end of next season, so makes sense if they want to keep him. I don't really see him transforming them though.

Zanjinho likes this.
  17. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

The response of the Utd fans on here will be fun if he does get a new contract <laugh>

18. saintKlopp

On the racism issue. The problem is that you'll never eradicate it unless and until all social media accounts are traceable back to their owners - and for a variety of reasons, some of them sound, nobody really wants that.
    The anti-racist education policies in football, though worthy, are unfortunately not the answer - not a complete one anyway. It's not a lack of education that makes those people do what they do - they're not being unthinkingly offensive, they're being quite deliberately as provocative as they can.
    Throughout history people have used the most taboo subjects of the time to insult and abuse others - from blasphemy to Anglo - Saxon expletives and mockery of physical disabilities or unusual features - anything to get a reaction. I imagine a lot of the perpetrators aren't even racist at heart, but they know it will get them the response and the outrage that they desire. They're sad and pathetic people and it makes them feel important.
    The only real way to defuse it, like with the other terms of abuse I mentioned, is for it to no longer seem so important. One day one's skin colour will be no more of a thing than is say, hair colour or height today - though there will always be some who try to exploit such things they aren't as cutting as racism is today and are more easily laughed aside. That ideal isn't here yet, but in the meantime the more hurt and outrage shown the more those sick and ultimately self-loathing people will do it.
    The best response is not to let it get to you, but obviously that's easy for me to say as I'm not one of the affected group. All people like me can do is continue to show that we don't accept divisive and anti-social behaviour.

Bumps, THE FOOL, johnsonsbaby and 4 others like this.
  19. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

i've liked this post then remembered years ago i stoved in someones face with my footplate for "comments" about me <laugh>

20. saintKlopp

You can unlike it - I won't mind. :)

Solid_Air 2 likes this.