1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pretty crappy against Bees.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Lucky to get away with 1 point. Same old story, hopeless finishing from forwards and Bees hit the post twice.
    Gusto looks better and better and Caicedo went pretty well. Not so good was Enzo or Chilwell, Enzo did little Chilwell passed backward and walked all day ,plus lost the ball over and over.
    Take the point but our style and teamwork are abysmal. On the rare occasions we decide to run we look good until the front men screw up the shot. So why don't we attack like that more ?? Ask Poch. Also ask him why he takes off Enzo and post on Mudryk instead of the Italian midfielder Casadei we brought back from loan. Why does he never replace like for like instead upsetting what little rhythm we have by changing formation for last 15 mins ?? Poch has lost me.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    Bodinki likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yeah ive been the same as far as Poch is concerned for about 4 weeks now.
    Yes I know there is an issue at the club with the signings we have made, most are overpriced and some *cough Mudryk* are downright ****e, and we need a forward and Poch cannot be blamed for that.....BUT...there are things he CAN help, and CAN be blamed for.
    His selections, his formations, his substitutions. He stuck with Silva in the starting XI for about 3 games longer than he should have, he keeps playing Colwill as a fullback, and he includes Mudryk in the squad, when I would have him in the reserves.
    We may as well keep him till the end of the season, because we aint gonna do anything this season regardless, and I dont see any other manager doing amazing things with this squad. But in the summer we need to look elsewhere.....

3. Chelsea Pensioner

We sure do. Think Poch is well out of his depth. We are a total basket case Club, but we do have some really good players. poch can't get any combination of set up to work as a team. When Mudryk has a big improve playing centrally, Poch drops him puts in Sterling. When we have Liverpool on the rack, he goes defensive instead of attacking. He's just got no flair or imagination. He's reduced Enzo to nothingness, has made Caicedo wonder what he's doing, ruined Maatsen, abandoned Madueke who shows genuine promise, played Palmer out of position. Jackson has improved, Disasi has improved Gusto is really on the up, Broja is still sitting on a bench and lost all his sale value, what is the man doing?? Can't wait until he's a faded memory but with our owners why would any decent manager or player come to us?? They are on a hiding to nothing. I can't see a way out next season with so many Boehly backdoors men calling shots on sales and buys and our Academy players looking to get the hell out. What a bloody mess.

Bodinki likes this.
  4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

My fear next season is that they sell Maatsen and Gallagher, who will count as pure profit. They have kind of backed themselves into a corner where they need to do that, because of FFP and the silly amounts of money they have spent on Mudryk, Caicedo etc.
    I will be devastated if we have to sell Gallagher for that reason, but it might end up that way, especially if he ends up at Spurs.
    Unlike Mount, whom I never really got attached to, and never really saw improve to the level I initially hoped he would, i can see Gallagher getting better, when he is used properly in a stable team.
    Palmer is class, and Jackson I am happy with to be honest. He needs to be more ruthless in front of goal, but he is 22, we paid only £30m for him, and I can see we have a player with potential who could end up, in a couple years, being a 15-20 league goals per season striker. I like Gusto, I like Disasi, I like Badiashile. I see great potential in all those players.
    Nkunku and Lavia seem to be sicknotes, which is not good at all.
    Ironically it is our "BIG" players, with big names or big pricetags which seem to be dragging us down. Mudryk, well you all know what I think of him, Caicedo is all over the place, Sterling has one good game, then is anonymous for the next 10 games, Silva is past it, as good as he was, and James and Chilwell are perenially injured.
    I would clear all of them out in the summer, as much as I love James, when he plays, if he isnt going to be playing, then he is no good for us....plus he is no captain.
    Maybe give Caicedo another season to prove he is worth what we paid.
    I would give Nkunku and Lavia another season to assess their health and see if they can put a run of games together, and I would get a new manager....
    To be honest, if we sold Mudryk, Sterling, James, Chilwell and Cucurella, we wouldnt even need to replace them.
    Stick Maatsen at left back, Colwill can cover if needed but play him primarily at CB with either Disasi or Badiashile. Madueke can replace Sterling on the wing, then we could promote some academy players as back up, or sign a cheap back up winger if needed.

Then all we need is a striker and a leader. We could nail two birds with one stone by signing Ivan Toney.

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Can't fault your thinking. We all love Reece james, but he is a sick note. If Real make a good offer, sell him. Gusto is an excellent subsitiute for him, and Trevor Chalobah can also play that role. Chilwell is seemingly not attacking enough nor a good defender. Liverpool ran riot down his side. He looks more concerned with his hairdo than his job.. We look well stocked with CDs apart from a really GOOD experienced one, but all our young ones look the business, plus there's that other always injured one Fofana, who personally I think is hugely overrated. I'd sell him too. We have Casadei as a midfielder, Lavia who is a proper defensive mid a la Kante or Makelele.Not as good yet, but same style.We have Santos wasting his time in France and at least 5 other Academy players who are not getting game time because of the high priced duds Boehly bought.Klopp played his version of our Academy kids, Poch doesn't even put them in the squad and says he has no midfield options. What bollocks. What he means is I have no guts. We desperately need a top striker, in fact 2, cause one can get hurt. Oshimen is worrying me , he is off the boil and believing the hype. Ivan Toney if less than 50 mill is a no brainer. But why can't we find and identify another? What a pity we faltered when Haarland was around, we bottled our chance to fight for him even though we would have lost. Better judges than me can work on that and we have now got the Brighton bloke who looks the business, Better than our dod of experts who have proven poor judges. A Leader would be nice, can't see one in our ranks though. But most of all a Manager. Bring back Tuchel NOT Jose, and we'd not be mid table for long. I'll leave that for those alleged experts. As they say, if you want to get completely ****ed over, get it done by an expert.

Bodinki likes this.
  6. Chelsea Pensioner

Hey Bodinki, where are you living??
    Apart from Chelsea, PSG are well served getting rid of that wrecker M'bappe. What a **** head. ****s everyone around, has zero loyalty and no respect, just egomaniacal delusions. Real have bought more trouble than it's worth. Watch the team disintegrate with such a toxic influence. What is it with these lump heads?? No intelligence, normal behaviour, attitude or reasoning.
    He is a carbon copy of Pogba and will end up the same way, waste of time and talent.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
  7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

From Milton Keynes originally, and am sat in MK at work right now, but I live about 25 minutes away in Leighton Buzzard.
    How about yourself?

M'bappe is a player I find hard to judge. Loyalty wise I agree with you, he is ****ing PSG around and I think they should have sold him in the summer. It was obvious he was gonna pull this ****. And if PSG didnt foresee this, then its on them.
    Real dont give a ****, they will make a killing selling M'Bappe shirts this summer, and that their main concern, buy the names that will sell them shirts.
    I think he will thrive in La Liga though, their footballing isnt all that disimilar to Ligue 1. Its probably a step up, but I think he is good enough to handle it.
    I would like to see how he would get on in the PL though, as long as it wasnt at Chelsea.
    As a person though, I think he is a disloyal gimp, and if I was a PSG fan i'd be pissed at him, AND at my club for not getting rid when they could have gotten £100m for him two seasons ago.

8. Chelsea Pensioner

I'm from Sydney, lived in London 1969 - 1974, then again from 1985 -2009. So 29years in total. Now in Melbourne. Second time in London we were in Chelsea, just off Hollywood Road.

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

My dad and his family lived in Battersea until 1969, they moved to what would be Milton Keynes in 69 in the London overspill.

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Am still of the opinion that we could raise £200m in the summer selling Mudryk, Sterling, Chillwell, Cucurella and James.
    IMO our squad is so bloated we wouldnt even need to replace them.

Mudryk £30m
    Sterling £45m
    Chilwell £35m
    James £55m
    Cucurella £30m
    Maatsen will probably be sold too so thats likely £30m ish too.

(These prices are purely what I think these players are worth, but in this crazy economy, there is every chance we could get way more)

Thats £220m. Get Toney, which will cost us somewhere around the £85-90m mark, and then we are set and we have re couped £130m to balance the books.
    I'd be more than happy to go into next season, with those transfers, under a new manager who can hopefully get more out of this squad than Poch has.
    We might need a new left back if Cucu and Maatsen both go, but thats about it.
    I'd prefer we kept Maatsen tbh but I dont see it happening.

Gusto goes at right back, Maatsen (or new signing) at left.
    Then we have Disasi, Badiashile, Colvill and Fofana to chose from CB
    Gallagher, Caicedo, Lavia, Enzo and Palmer to pick from for midfield
    Nkunku and Madueke on the wings
    Toney and Jackson as strikers.

Leaves our squad a little light, but I think we should bite the bullet and promote some academy players to flesh our squad out in the case of injuries.
    at least with this our core 15 players sre theoretically sound and can cement themselves under a new manager.
    Maybe then Sam Jewell can prove himself and spend next signing identifying unknown gems for the following season.
    But we need a transfer window where we dont spend crazy and are in profit.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

Chilwell and James might struggle to get that much, they are always injured and teams might not take a risk with them. I also think James might finally come back fit, though he must be at the Last Chance Saloon. If he does get injured again I doubt he'd be worth 5mill.
    I'm also not convinced by Enzo or Caicedo. Enzo doesn't seem quite the right fit to me, and Caicedo has been strangely poor and mistake riddled since he got here.The midfield is not running well and lacks power and smoothness. I think Lavia, if he's ever fit, might be a better defensive mid a la Kante or Makelele than Caicedo. That's certainly needed, someone who does one job, not tries to do everything, and allows the other midfielders to do theirs.
    Strilers ??? Oshimen is the standout, but price and availability look wrong, Toney, at his best and again at a decent price, is a good call, but he won't be cheap either.
    Finally Maatsen, I'll be more sorry to sell him than Gallagher if I'm honest. Maatsen can be anything, Gallagher is what you see. Anyway no argument from me about a new Manager, Ours is just not a winner nor a genius with selections or tactics. He praises our Academy to the heavens then doesn't play them despite having no options except playing proven under performers out of position, time after time.

12. Chelsea Pensioner

3 points against Newcastle, though we almost gave 2 away. Palmer and Gusto standouts, Mudryk a great 10 mins and Gallagher just can't stop trying. Midfield still not firing and Sterling again a total waste of oxygen ,time and space. We were not going for them hard enough until after half time, why oh why do we sit back and allow teams into games?? Better until we scored 3rd goal, then fell asleep again. Come on Poch fix this, we look good when we go at teams, less good when we sit back.
    3 Points deserved, pretty good job done.

Diego and Bodinki like this.