1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Promotion Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Hilts24, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

After 10 games I reckon Automatic promotion will come from Fulham , Boro , Wolves and ourselves.

Maybe the 2 Sheffield teams in the play offs.

2. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

2.3 points per game after 10 outings is a great start. Reminds me of our 10 home game winning start to our promotion season. Played most of the big guns already too. Good stuff! :emoticon-0103-cool:

3. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

I dont think there is a standout team this year either. However Wolves fans think they are the gold Brazil.

4. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Wolves down to 10 men....might make them difficult to beat! :emoticon-0103-cool:

5. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Got to admit, I came on here to find somewhere to post about the arseholes in the black country. They think they are cheese.... but what will they say tomorrow about those b@st@rds from Sheffield buggering up their God-given right to the promised land!!! btw... a little bit pissed too, here in Botswana!!!!!

6. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

2-0 to the blades with minutes to go.. Wolves in 4th. Utd must have kicked lumps out of them and stopped them playing. Oh and scored more goals than them.

7. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

Still think any team finishing above Villa will get Automatic.

8. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Villa have been flat track bullies recently; let's see how they get on against stronger teams. They've got Bolton next<whistle>

Norwich may come through? Can Sheff U continue their rise? Boro & Fulham won't be far off.

City look good for top 6 now but there's 36 games to go!

9. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Preston are the surprise package so far for me. They play the "Championship way" and will take points of better sides that dont accept that. I think we knew about it but as Warnock said, about 8 of our players didn't turn up on the night.

We're top and have beaten the 3 teams in 2nd, 3rd and 4th - that's a nice feeling.

Outside the top 6, it's Boro and Fulham to end up there along with us and probably Wolves. The other two spots are up for grabs between those already there.

10. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

I still think its far too early to jump ahead of ourselves. We've seen too many times what can happen when we all get excited <laugh>. Admittedly, I've been very surprised with our early season form, we are looking like a strong team and the ones to beat. We've spent next to nothing on building a squad capable of pushing for the title but we've been in this position time and time before. I have faith in Warnock. He's animated on the touch line and won't just roll over and take defeat. It's been nice to see us crawl back from losing positions to come back and get points, something we've been lacking in previous years. I'm silently optimistic.

ccfcremotesupport and Sayer77 like this.

11. ccfcremotesupport

Working in Liverpool at present. Lot of footy talk from scousers, evertonians and mancs with a few 'lesser being's' thrown in. Can't remember talking AT people about football so much for a while.

I said on another thread, we appear to have a squad to compete at the top of this league not just a team.

Need a couple losses to keep us grounded.

Ah, to hell with it, let's stuff derby and keep marching on.

12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

That's the Leeds mantra. <yikes>

This weekend before the international break could sort a few out at the top. Wolves are away at Burton and I sense a banana skin for them if Burton get at them. The Blades have a tough game at Forest. Warburton will be desperate to reverse their recent poor results

Leeds have the short trip to the Wendies and anything can happen. Two teams trying to play a passing game - it could go either way unless one of them takes a leaf out of Warnock's book.

Essential we beat Derby to take advantage - an ugly 1-0 will do.

13. ccfcremotesupport

I'd take a 1-0 sparkey, though have predicted 2-0. Anything with a W is fine with me.

A decent run to the end of october will see the table shaping up. A minimum of 7 points needed with 8-10 achievable. let's see what the squad gives us.

Releived that the monkey is off Zohore's back. that will help.

14. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

After 10 games I dont see any reasons why not.

Be interesting againt Derby but you've got a massive month in October where every one of your games is win-able. Do that and get a result from Derby and there's no stopping you.

Now if we can pull our fingers out and remember how to play football, there's a great chance 'THE DERBY' will be back on, fan-fekkin-tastic, I truely miss them.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hopefuly see you in the prem <ok> (If I was a betting man I'd put money on it)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  15. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Stumpy - you might have noticed I am and I have..........<laugh>

Stumpy and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  16. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

We all know it doesnt work like that mate <laugh>. Cheers Stumpy <cheers>

Stumpy likes this.
  17. FrankfurterBlue

WTF's going on...with all this goodwill flying about.
    I, too, have a sneaky feeling about going up but try to suppress it not to jinx it. Too long supporting CCFC and getting the regular, proverbial kick in the bollocks has taught me to be careful.

18. FrankfurterBlue

But I would love to be at a promotion party with Doris along, as special guest, to provide the party tricks and entertainment!!!!

19. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

i don't want ugly 1-0's; I want a rampant attacking 4-0 wins<party>

20. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

You may you may not get promoted but you will never be English and souldn't be in our league