1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Qatar 2022

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Barmbys_Tan, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Was you wearing your new Blazer when you made this announcement?

That might've been the reason for the mockery?

Just saying like.

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Needless to say bummers has had the last laugh......

3. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

Perhaps a player will die in one of the US southern states instead of in Qatar. The heat at some of the games in '94 was crazy. + the humidity.

4. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

It happens a few times a year that people die of heat stroke playing sports here. When I used to play baseball in Alabama in the summer it was fairly common to have people pass out.

5. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

It will NOT be coming to Australia. The comments regarding Australian interest are unfounded as they were NOT from the Australian Federation but aside comments from the Lord Mayor of Melbourne who happens to be (Association Football Club) Melbourne Victory's number one fan.
    The all powerful Australian Rules Football administrators will not move their clubs fixtures to accommodate World Cup Soccer so the stadiums are unavailable despite some calls for Government intervention. There are also certain contracts in place regarding the broadcast of AFL Matches and these will not be broken. Our great ethnic TV Station, SBS, a Champion for Soccer (referred to in their broadcasts as "The World Game") do not, I believe, have the facilities to accommodate a tournament of this scale and would need outside help and whereas this could come from the 'Free-to-Air' TV stations that do NOT have contracts with the AFL there are not anywhere near enough stadiums capable of hosting this event unless the AFL commence their season a little earlier and have a short break (hardly likely) or delay the start (again hardly likely - unless some great financial incentives were thrown their way).
    Just my opinion but I cannot see the World Cup coming to Oz but 'money talks' and a solution may be found but the AFL are notorious for not promoting other sporting codes that may effect their game and the 'Soccer' World Cup is one of (if not 'the') biggest sporting events so I couldn't see them helping.

6. Isa Kite

Isa Kite Active Member

Maybe it's time for UEFA and other associations less prone to corruption to establish a "clean FIFA" and have their own world cup. Without the richer nations and the bigger leagues, it could be that Septic would struggle? Unfortunately, I see this as about as likely as Blatter deciding to turn honest. Colour me disgusted.