1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR V Chelsea

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Northolt-QPR, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gefinley

gefinley Member

I was talking about the Everton match at the Bridge. Went pretty quiet on my stream for stretches.

2. hammersmith hoopton

hammersmith hoopton Active Member

Atmosphere at the Bridge has been **** for years,full of glory hunters and the prawn sandwich brigade that Briatore so craved.When you had the shed,i loved standing in there shouting for the hoops and dishing out abuse to you lot,of course i got battered a few times for my troubles,but there was a proper atmosphere,one which smelt of a London derby,go to your gaff nowadays and you don't start singing till your 3 or 4 up,pathetic.The trouble with you lot is you've had it too good under Roman,and you now just expect to go along and win comfortably.Come along Sunday and try and make a bit of noise,i fully expect us to outsing you until you go 5-0 up!!

3. HammersmithBlue

I don't ever remember a particularly noisy atmos at the Bridge for rangers matches at the Bridge as the crowds were only ever around 20k+ with few away fans.

In the 80s the matches v leeds west ham spurs were much noisier with more away fans and bigger crowds.. 30k+.

The atmos was always better at Loftus Road as 20k + in that small ground made for a better noise especially with half the ground being Chelsea

4. Carlos Valderama's Hairy Saddlebags

In my humble opinion the atmosphere at a lot of English football games is pretty dire all together. Unless everyone’s had a few drinks before and gets proper up for the match it usually is a bit disappointing. Recently, me and my mates got some tickets to the Brazil – Ghana friendly at Craven Cottage. Sat in with the Brazil fans and although the match was a big let down the atmosphere was unbelievable, on a par with the Oldham playoff semi-final a few years back but yet completely different

Commentators always bang on about places like Anfield and St’James’ park being these amazing cauldrons of noise, yet when you go there or they’re TV they are more often pretty quiet than loud. Feel free to state otherwise though

5. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I thought the game was at Loftus Road?

6. HammersmithBlue

Liverpool fans only get up for big games Chelsea United Everton; that's the way with most successful clubs.

Chelsea only had a real belting atmos v United and Spurs last season.

We had our lowest crowd of the season V Rangers in the Carling a couple of years ago. No one cared not even the rangers fans.

The fa cup game was a full house and the Rangers fans sang and were v noisy

7. Carlos Valderama's Hairy Saddlebags

I'll be going to the game dressed as Pavarotti, and then break into the John Barnes England rap maybe a bit of breakdancing in the aisles....

Actually scrap that, atmosphere on Sunday is gona be bumping anyway, I'll save it for the FA cup

YOU RRR’S!!!!

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Chelsea's away support is up there with anyone in the league. However like most of the big clubs, the atmos can be a little flat at home unless its a biggie.

Thats what happens when you price out the hard core fans.

9. District Line

Forum Moderator

Totally agree.

Even fans of clubs like Wolves that I know have acknowledged our away support is being top notch, atmosphere has never been a let down away. For West Ham, United and moreso Spurs it is at its best

10. District Line

Forum Moderator

Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and United are the only games you can guarantee the atmosphere will be good sadly.

I have to say apart from Atl Madrid, Macclesfield and Nottingham Forest, Spurs, QPR and West Ham have also been brilliant, Arsenal not so good.

11. HammersmithBlue

The atmosphere at Rangers during our Cup run in 96 was amazing. We lifted the roof off the Ellersie at half-time after we scored.

12. Carlos Valderama's Hairy Saddlebags

Th Old Trout in Hammersmith Broadway has a cracking atmosphere most nights

13. hammersmith hoopton

Well said!

14. hammersmith hoopton

Oi,that's my missus your talking about!!

15. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

There will be a fantastic atmosphere this weekend, as I have decided to lead the Blues choir, a la Mick Greenaway. There will be a lot of Zigger Zaggering and Oi! Oi! Oi-ing! <ok>

16. Carlos Valderama's Hairy Saddlebags

No offense intended! Has she got a nickname for you? I find a good trick is to refuse to talk to her until she acknowledges that you are now called Captain Delicious

17. Carlos Valderama's Hairy Saddlebags

&#8230;As in that&#8217;s what I would get my missus to do and not your old trout

18. hammersmith hoopton

She still says i look more like Captain Sensible!

19. mapleranger

mapleranger Well-Known Member

Last night, a CONCACAF champions League match was pldyed between toronto FC and FC Dalla, in Dallas. TFC have lost 3 successive games to Dallas, each by a 1-0 score but with progression to the Champions league quarter finals as the prize, the usually hapless Reds of Toronto rallied to score a 3-0 win over the Hoops of Dallas (black and red hoops) and move on to quarter-finals. I had no hope for Toronto last night but now I have hope for QPR in the next three games. I don't expect 3-0 over Chelsea, but a draw or two in the next few?

For the record, TFC is my third team - QPR ar so far out in front in my heart, there is no second place team

20. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

Submitted by Andrew Slevison on Wed, 10/19/2011 - 16:01

QPR defender Anton Ferdinand is maintain a positive outlook ahead of this weekend&#8217;s West London derby against Chelsea at Loftus Road.

The 11th-placed R&#8217;s are at home to the Blues, currently sitting third, and although they are not heavily favoured to win, Ferdinand feels a special occasion like a derby can be a great place to give something back to the loyal fans.

"We're underdogs, but it's a derby and the formbook goes out the window," he told the club&#8217;s official website.

"Derbies are about the day and we're all looking forward to it.

"It's time for us to deliver for the fans."

And Ferdinand has called on those supporters to really make life difficult for Chelsea when they travel to W12 on Sunday.

"I love Loftus Road - it's an old school stadium and you can hear absolutely everything, which makes for an incredible atmosphere,&#8221; he added.

"I don't care how big a player you are, or how good you are, you will always find it intimidating at Loftus Road and we'll need our fans to make it as hostile as possible.

"They've been great so far this season, following us every step of the way, and we'll need them to be in full voice again on Sunday."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.