1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR V Chelsea

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Northolt-QPR, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

Opta Stats: QPR v Chelsea : Opta : UK & Ireland Football

Opta / Michael Lintorn / 19 October 2011 / Leave a Comment

Petr Cech has gone an unusually long time without keeping a clean sheet
    Matchday nine closes with a west London derby, but is unlikely to finish in a shock home win, judging by these stats...

QPR have won just one of the last 14 matches in all competitions against west London neighbours Chelsea (W1 D4 L9).

Chelsea have allowed the joint-fewest shots on target this season (27).

Chelsea have only won one of their last six Premier League London derbies away from home (W1 D3 L2).

QPR's last London derby saw their biggest ever Premier League defeat when they lost 0-6 to Fulham.

QPR and Chelsea have figured in the same Premier League season just four times, but the Hoops have finished above the Blues in three of those campaigns.

Only Wolves (6%) have converted a lower percentage of shots in to goals than QPR (7%).

Only Manchester City (134) have fired in more shots than Chelsea in the Premier League this season (115).

Chelsea have gone seven Premier League games without keeping a clean sheet for the first time since 2003.

Daniel Sturridge has scored four goals in his last four Premier League starts.

Chelsea have only won back to back Premier League away games once since September 2010.

2. Northolt-QPR

3. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas Active Member

If we collapse Sunday it could be 8
    I of course will be putting on 50 quid for a 2-0 win to us because I am rich and stupid

4. The Ginger Marks

You don't need to be rich to put on a £50 bet on QPR but one out of two isn't bad. <whistle>

5. hammersmith hoopton

hammersmith hoopton Active Member

Chelsea -2 goals 3/1 on the handicap.Can't bring myself to do it but that looks like a big price to me!

6. Northolt-QPR

Key Chelsea duo set to return for QPR clash
    By Jacob Murtagh Oct 20 2011 Add a comment Recommend (1)

inShare

JOHN Terry and Didier Drogba are set to return to the Chelsea squad for Sunday's west London derby with QPR.

The duo were rested for last night's Champions League clash against Genk as Fernando Torres' two-goal blast saw the Blues romp to a 5-0 win.

And boss Andre Villas-Boas hinted the duo would be back for the Premier League showdown with Rangers at Loftus Road.

He said: &#8220;There were no injury issues. The talent of the 26 players is so immense that allows us to make six changes from one game to another.&#8221;

Meanwhile, Villas-Boas played down fears that Ashley Cole took a knock after being withdrawn at the break.

He added: &#8220;Ashley is one of the players with the most minutes. It's not that an extra 45 minutes would be too strenuous, but we decided to avoid any risks.&#8221;

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lo...-for-qpr-clash-82029-29627704/?#ixzz1bJ929D6b

7. Northolt-QPR

BIRCH: FANS HAVE BIG ROLE TO PLAY

If there's one man at the Club's training ground who knows how important Sunday's game against Chelsea is, it's Marc Bircham.

The Club's Assistant Youth Development Manager is a lifelong QPR fan and his passion as a player is matched by his passion as a supporter.

"This means so much because we haven't played them at home in the league for so long," he told www.qpr.co.uk today.

"Probably my only regret from my time at QPR was not getting the chance to play against Chelsea. I never came up against them in my career. I would have loved to."

Bircham made 167 appearances in the blue and white hoops between 2002 and 2007. Before his arrival as a player - and since his departure - he has remained a huge fan.

And he believes the R's faithful have a huge role to play against the Blues on Sunday, as we play host to our near neighbours for the first time in more than 15 years.

"This is our chance to show people how much this game means to the Club," he added. "And, for me, this is a game where our fans can play a big part.

"With the fans being so close to the pitch at Loftus Road, they can make a difference by making plenty of noise.

"And I wouldn't wait for the first whistle - our fans can start making plenty of noise from the moment the players are warming up. Get behind them right from the off!

"The fans have got to show the players - our players and the Chelsea players - just what this fixture means. I think it will shock some of the Chelsea players just how much this game means to the QPR fans."

And Bircham has taken full advantage of the fact he is based at the Harlington training ground, working in close proximity to the R's players who are preparing for this weekend's West London showdown.

"I have been telling our players how big this game is for the fans, and how big it is for the Club," he admitted.

"Not only are we playing Chelsea, we're playing them in the Premier League. It's just massive.

"The best atmosphere I have ever known at Loftus Road - as a fan or as a player - was when we beat Oldham in the play-off semi-final in 2003. You could actually feel the place shaking. And that's what I think we need to recreate on Sunday - make serious noise. I genuinely believe the atmosphere this weekend can be up there with that.

"People often talk about fans being the 12th man. In my opinion, you can't have a season of it. But you can definitely do it for some games. And this is the one our fans have been waiting for.

"It is important for us to keep Chelsea out for as long as possible. If we can get into the second half without letting them score, the tension will grow for them and the ball will be more in our court.

"We - both players and fans - need to start the game at a high tempo. And the Chelsea players will soon realise this is a West London derby."

iReader

8. Northolt-QPR

9. HammersmithBlue

Really looking forward to this.

Rangers fans have been waiting for this day for 16 season; and I think you are going to a see a very special Chelsea team on Sunday.

Maybe the best ever Chelsea side to visit your ground?

10. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

Part of me thinks this isn't the game that Fitz Hall should even remotely be part of and if he is I can see a total caning.

Having said that Bothroyd's got to score soon and I reckon Sunday will be the day. I'm going for yet another draw albeit a 2-2.

Barton, Tarararararararabat and SWP must have something to prove for this game

11. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

i don't give us a chance tbh but as long as they play with pride i will be happy.
    Of course i would like to beat the 'Jonnys' but i cannot see it.
    Think if we can get a draw it would be a massive result after Fulham and Blackburn.

12. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I asked you on another post HammersmithBlue....what is your row and seat number in Ellerslie? Just so I can say hi!!

13. Chair Nob'll Fallout

Chair Nob'll Fallout Well-Known Member

If you look at the aggregate score over each team’s last 2 games (i.e. 1-7 and 10-0) then I’d very happily take a draw, thank you very much. Still, it’s a derby and you never know, so I’ll keep dreaming, at least for the next two days. :bandit:

14. Northolt-QPR

HOME TICKET INFORMATION

Posted on: Thu 20 Oct 2011
    QPR v Chelsea - Barclays Premier League - Sunday 23rd October 2011 - Kick-off 4.00pm - ALL TICKET

General Sale:

This is a Category A match.

Tickets are now on General Sale (maximum 2 tickets per Client Reference Number).

CLICK HERE TO BUY NOW

All tickets are subject to availability and we advise supporters to book their ticket early to avoid disappointment.

This match has been designated an ALL TICKET fixture available only to fans who have been on the QPR database prior to September 20th 2011.

To confirm, if you were not on the database on this date you will not be eligible to purchase a ticket to this match.

Fans are advised that they must be a Member to purchase tickets in the Upper Loft Members' area and supporters wishing to sit in the Family Stand (Lower Loft) must be with a Junior U-16 or Kids U-8.

General Sale Prices:

Category A

Platinum

Gold

Silver

Bronze

Adult

£70.00

£55.00

£50.00

£45.00

Junior U-16

£35.00

£25.00

£22.00

£20.00

Kids U-8

n/a

n/a

Free

Free

Senior Over-60

£60.00

£50.00

£45.00

£40.00

Disabled / Ambulant

n/a

£50.00

£45.00

£40.00

Young Adult 16-21

£60.00

£50.00

£45.00

£40.00

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/HomeTickets

15. Carlos Valderama's Hairy Saddlebags

0-0, and what a bore draw with just a few minutes to go&#8230;.but whats this?!?! Peter Cech&#8217;s Rugby hat has come loose and has slipped in front of his eyes! He&#8217;s manically fumbling to re-adjust his head gear but his keeper gloves make it impossible, Shaun Derry on the ball spots Cech&#8217;s in trouble&#8230;..50 yard chip!!! It&#8217;s in, GOLAGOLAGOLA GOAL GOOOOAAAAALLLLLLL FANTASTICO!!!!!!

&#8230;.Is my prediction for Sunday

16. Northolt-QPR

QPR striker set to keep his spot for Chelsea clash
    By Jacob Murtagh Oct 20 2011 Add a comment Recommend

inShare

HEIDAR Helguson looks set to keep his place up front for Sunday's clash with Chelsea.

The QPR striker was preferred to Jay Bothroyd for last weekend's draw with Blackburn, and found the net on his first start of the season.

And boss Neil Warnock has hinted the Iceman will retain his spot for the west London derby at Loftus Road.

He said: &#8220;I thought Heidar did really well against Blackburn last Saturday, and Jay had just gone off the boil a bit in the two games before that.&#8221;

Central defender Danny Gabbidon is ruled out, with Matt Connolly rated &#8217;50-50'.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest QPR news.

Follow me on Twitter.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lo...=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1bJvqC6dw

17. Northolt-QPR

Chelsea star sends QPR warning

SALOMON Kalou has warned his Chelsea colleagues that they must be wary of Shaun Wright-Phillips in Sunday's big west London derby with QPR.

Kalou has identified the former Blues winger as a danger man with a point to prove and predicts that his former team-mate will be highly motivated at Loftus Road.

&#8220;We know him very well from his time at Chelsea and I think he's going to be at his best,&#8221; Kalou said. &#8220;He will want to show to the club that they made the wrong decision [to sell him]. Shaun is waiting for that game and he's going to give a hard time to the Chelsea defence.&#8221;

On paper, the Blues should have no problem overcoming a Rangers side yet to win at home since their return to the top flight, but Kalou says it is not just the Wright-Phillips factor which will make it tricky.

&#8220;You can never say that you will win a game easily because it's a Premier League game and every team comes and plays their best," he said. "It's going to be a tough game and we respect every opponent that we face.

&#8220;I think on Sunday we are going to go with the same mindset &#8211; give our best, play together and try to win the three points.&#8221;

Branislav Ivanovic said of the clash: &#8220;We have a very difficult game coming up. It's a very important game for the fans, for the clubs and for us, the players and we expect a very hard game.&#8221;

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest Chelsea news.

iReader

18. Northolt-QPR

DERRY: DERBY DAYS ARE SPECIAL

Shaun Derry insists QPR's players can't afford to get caught up in the hostile atmosphere that is likely to be generated at Sunday's West London derby against Chelsea.

The R's midfielder is well aware of the rivalry between the two Clubs, but he is mindful of the need for him and his team-mates to approach the game in a similar manner to that in which they prepare for every Barclays Premier League fixture.

"Derby days are special because fans start talking about them even before the last game has kicked off. Even before the Blackburn game, everyone was on about the Chelsea one," he told www.qpr.co.uk.

"In the two weeks leading up to a derby game, everyone's trying to rally themselves for what, in the fans' eyes, is one of the most important days of the season.

"But we, as players, can't approach it in any different manner and get caught up in the whole atmosphere."

He added: "Chelsea have made a great start under the new gaffer.

"The key thing for Chelsea is that they're performing at such a high level, but it's all under the radar.

"At the minute, everybody's talking about the two Manchester Clubs and not really speaking about Chelsea as serious title contenders.

"But if you ask me personally, I think they should be right up there because they have got such great strength in depth and quality at this level. They're one of English football's top, top teams and they're going to bring to Loftus Road an opposition that we've never seen before."

*You can read more of Shaun Derry's exclusive thoughts in Sunday's 'Hoops' matchday programme - available in and around the ground for just £3 this weekend!

iReader

19. HammersmithBlue

Still tickets left in row Z of R block Ellers.. quick it's your last chance!

20. HammersmithBlue

Ha ha.

Just one seat left R Block Row Z Seat 31.

Is that restricted view?

With tix going to two per member there may be a fair few CFc dotted around now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.