1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR V LEEDS PLAYER RATINGS

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by hammersmith junior, Aug 7, 2016.

1. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

Smithies 7 Did everything that was required of him,solid from corners and had a relatively quiet afternoon. So happy to see him in our goal,as opposed to the man in goal for the visitors !
    Onouha 6 Ok in defence,caught out of position a few times in 2nd half,but had no cover infront of him. Offered himself on the wing quite often,but no real threat in attack.
    Bidwell 5 Too many rash tackles and poorly placed tackles. Got forward quite a lot,but also provided little threat from crosses.Needs to improve.
    Hall 7 Looked assured in everything he did,marshalled the defence well apart from one moment in the second half which could have led to a goal.Should be captain in my book,more vocal than Chief.
    Caulker 7 Pleasantly surprised,did nothing wrong and made a couple of crucial interventions. Sterner tests lie ahead,but pleased with his attitude and performance.
    Henry 8 MOM. absolutely superb today,made me eat my words.Seemed to be everywhere,winning tackles,distributing the ball and breaking up their attacks.If he plays like this every week,he'll be a key man for us.
    Luongo 8 Ran Karl close for man of the match.A bundle of energy,seemed to pop up everywhere too. His tackling and passing were much improved,if he gets a goal I can see his confidence soaring.
    Shodipo 7 Looked very promising first half,but ran out of steam a little in the second. If he can slightly improve his crossing and shooting he could be a real gem. Exciting prospect.
    Polter 8 So improved it's unreal.Worked tirelessly upfront and gave us a focal point.If he keeps improving at this rate,he's gonna be a real asset for us.Scored a real cracker in injury time.
    Chery 7 A little bit of a mixed bag from our mercurial Dutchman,some things came off and some didn't.
    Improved in the second half,and took his penalty with aplomb.There's plenty more to come from him.
    Gladwin 3 Don't get me started.What he's doing starting is beyond me,can't run,can't dribble,passing crap and shooting worse.He should be sent out on loan,and replaced by our new signing.

Cousins 7 Very promising when he came on,made a big difference.Ran at that defence and caused them
    lots of problems,looking forward to seeing more of him.
    El Khayati 6 Didn't have too long to put his stamp on things,but showed a few glimpses.May be a peripheral
    player this season,but will have a part to play.
    Perch 5 We actually looked more likely to concede when he came on.Not too sure what formation we went to when he came on but it wasn't great.Hopefully when he's called upon this season,he can step up to the mark.

Overall a great start to the season. Some real reasons to be hopeful for a good season,with a couple more additions who knows what we could achieve? A happy man tonight,chilling out with a glass of Malbec and memories of a great day at HQ !

NorwayRanger likes this.
  2. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Agree with most of that, especially on Gladwin.
    A little harsh on Bidwell imoand aalthough I don't like Ned at right back, I thought he was a 7 today.

Overall a very promising display with a couple of players to come in.
    Henry was indeed very good.

3. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

Yes harsh on Bidwell
    Cautious first half with the new boy in front of him
    Will be solid as a rock and dependable all season

4. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Active Member

Agree with the others, slightly harsh on bidwell there.

I had luongo as my man of the match, but agree that Henry was quality as well.

5. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I thought Henry started poorly, but improved as the game went on. He certainly had a good game, but Luongo was clear MOM for me. I was disappointed with Shodipo.

6. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Pretty much spot on except for Shodipo who looked like a one-trick pony who's trick had been sussed halfway through the first half.
    Gladwin was so off the pace it was embarrassing and would surely have been sent off if not replaced.
    Henry was first class.
    Who's this Caulker bloke? Never seen him before.
    Cousins could be a new Ainsworth.
    BFG took on two bar room bouncers and won :)
    Rob Green MOTM for me.

7. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Spot on about Rob!

8. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Gladwin's confidence, which is a real issue, is certainly going to go shooting up if he reads even a tiny percentage of the references to him on here and other places.
    He is what he is, which is a first team QPR player, and deserves at the very least the respect that that deserves, which in many quarters appears to be zero.
    Whatever happened to encouragement, and support?

QPR Oslo likes this.
  9. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Very harsh on Bidwell. Luongo definitely MOTM.

10. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

That's all very well and good,but the guy's a liability.No one gives more vociferous support than I do,but if someone's not up to this level then they need to be replaced.If he stays in the team,he's going to cost us points,and that is all that matters !

11. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

It's amazing how people see things differently. I thought Shodipo was excellent the first half. So good in fact that the Leeds full back was subbed after 20 minutes. The second half he was poor.

rangercol likes this.
  12. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

It was the lack of end product that I found disappointing. As someone said on the match thread (Stan I think), he turned back too often. A bit harsh maybe, perhaps with more confidence he will push on.

13. finglasqpr

He is just out of the youth team and by no means perfect. He clearly has a lot to improve on and I am sure JFH and his team are working on his weak areas. I was delighted that most of the crowd gave him a standing ovation when he was subbed.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    rangercol, Hoops Eternal and Stroller like this.
  14. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Shodipo was very good for the first half, especially whilst their first right back was on. He definitely has a lot to learn, but he is no one trick pony and there is a lot of end product. He had several good crosses, a couple of runs into the box and a lot of link up play with Chery and Boswell...a very good all round display...on his debut (remember)

Gladwin too is not as bad as many say here. It is his lack of interaction and understanding with Ned that is the problem. Bidwell and Shidopo interact much better.

Bearing in mind we have at least two starters (Ariel and the new signing ) on the bench. So I am sure Gladwell be a bit player...but he is definitely behind Shidopo in the "drop list" ....but he is also so much better than last season...even with Gladwin...we are getting somewhere...and while he is in the team....we don't complain about Henry

Shawswood likes this.
  15. CannockQPR

CannockQPR Active Member

"I was disappointed with Shodipo." "Shodipo who looked like a one-trick pony"
    Jesus guys really? A 19 year old on who was on his debut and got a lot of crosses over and i think had 90%+ pass completion... I think the lad done good, no where near the finished article and the quality of his work needs to improve but really so many more positives than negatives i though he had a good debut for the 3/4 of the match he played.
    Was generally so pleased with the tempo, energy and work rate on display, the constant pressing and closing down was really good to see, i think we are starting to look like a team that might actually turn out to be greater than the sum of it parts. I feel more positive than i have done for at least a couple of years, lets hope this continues at least until September....

16. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Seconded.

17. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Shodipo offered more than Hoilett managed in 90% of his QPR appearances.

Seems to be able to cross with both feet which is totally beyond most wingers.

Hoop-Leif, WalsallHoop and WBA2_QPR3 like this.
  18. finglasqpr

Third-ed.

19. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Fourth-ed.

finglasqpr likes this.
  20. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Who was the last QPR player to come from the youth team and really establish themselves as a first team player? Langley?