1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Middlesbrough

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I really don’t understand it. All Kiwi did was sit in the corner, breathing through his ears and licking his eyebrows....

2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

She could obviously tell good breeding when she saw it

3. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Score regularly? I'm sure it's what he was bought for - at greater cost than any other current team player. Accept he did play well against the mighty Burton and deserves to start but until he show he can put the ball away regularly I will continue to have my doubts about him.

QPR Oslo and Uber_Hoop like this.
  4. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I think that was the point of the "rest".
    I read somewhere that he spent the time with our match analysts watching the forward play (in real time and on video) and analysing it in an attempt to improve his scoring rate..let's hope it has worked.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

5. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

My point was, given that he'd had a good game against Burton and scored one and made one, he should keep his place for the next game. Given Ollie's propensity to make random changes I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him on the bench today.

His overall form and scoring record is a separate issue and I agree that he has been disappointing overall.

However, I still quite like him and I believe that he is very much a confidence player (like many goal scorers) and that he could well go on a scoring run if given a run in the team.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    bobmid, Ninj, Tramore Ranger and 2 others like this.
  6. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Agree with the general opinion of keeping the winning team as the Burton match if possible. Also Baptiste is an option (for Lynch), but if one did OK last week, and the other is returning from injury, I’d be wanting to play Baptiste for part of the game; probably as sub. If players lose their spot they need to realise there is always a chance they have to earn it back. Equally players getting an opportunity will realise they can stake a claim to keep their spot - just as Furlong seems to have done.

7. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I thought Pulis was Redknapp’s best mate.

‘For a lad from Bristol he’s done ever so well for himself.’ What the **** is that meant to mean? Does being Bristolian carry the same social and genetic challenges of being born, say, Welsh Tony? (Sorry Beth, just making a point).

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  9. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Boy Stan you are flying close to the mark here...genetic challenges.... I suppose being a foot shorter than everyone else and built like a pitpony on steroids might be classed as a genetic challenge

(....before anyone gets riled up....my father always described our family as "pit ponies on steroids")

Tramore Ranger and sb_73 like this.
  10. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Fancy us to get a win today, they're not that great despite all the cash they've spent, they should be walking this league........

11. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Clive's preview from LFW's.......

Boro visit as much needed exodus continues - Preview
    Friday, 19th Jan 2018 18:41 by Clive Whittingham
    Amidst a slew of player departures, improving QPR host Tony Pulis' Middlesbrough at a frozen Loftus Road on Saturday.

QPR (8-9-10, DDLWLW, 14th) v Middlesbrough (12-5-10, WWLWWL, 9th)

Mercantile Credit Trophy >>> Saturday January 20, 2017 >>> Kick Off 15.00 >>> Weather – Heavy rain, freezing cold >>> Loftus Road, London, W12

please log in to view this image

Skip advertisement
    For two teams that often pass like ships in the night, one going up just as the other is coming down (17 league meetings since 1983), it’s a game that has had its moments.

A 0-0 draw on this ground in April 1989 instantly forgettable, until a post-match public address announcement about the developing situation at that day’s FA Cup semi-final at Hillsborough. You couldn’t have had a more contrasting on pitch experience when the sides next met at Loftus Road in 1992, newly promoted Boro suffering at the hands of QPR’s brilliant midfield and attack but exposing the flaws in Gerry Francis’ defence and goalkeeper in a 3-3 draw sealed with a last minute penalty from Andy Sinton.

There was an eleven-year gap in games between the two from 1998 to 2009, bookended by a pair of remarkable fixtures. The first saw one of the worst QPR teams in living memory (Harper, Bardsley, Yates, Ready, Perry (Bruce), Quashie (Heinola) Kulscar, Morrow, Kennedy, Sheron, Gallen (Slade)) snap a run of one win in 15 with a ridiculous 5-0 win. Rangers were 4-0 up at half time, all the goals coming in the final ten minutes of the half, from Steve Vickers (og), Paul Bruce, Kevin Gallen and Mike Sheron. Sheron added a fifth before half time against a Boro side that would go onto win promotion to the Premier League with 91 points in second place (Dibble, Pearson (Maddison), Fleming, Vickers, Festa, Thomas (Beck), Townsend, Mustoe, Merson, Branca, Hignett (Armstrong)). Andy Townsend’s quickfire double yellow and on pitch meltdown only adding to the fun.

Read the rest here.........https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footb...isit-as-much-needed-exodus-continues--preview

12. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

TEAM UNCHANGED!

Sooperhoop likes this.
  13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Hallelujah!

Is it just me or is the QPR app complete crap? Hard to navigate, and although I get an alert to give me the team (though not yet today) the line ups aren’t in the match day centre. Neither is the referee ffs.

14. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

15. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

16. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

An unchanged side with only 1 change.......<laugh>

edit......so it is unchanged afterall, where did jeff get his duff info from????????

17. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Sensible selection.

Let’s hope that we repeat the result.

COYR’s!!!!

18. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Randolph, Shotton, Ayala, Gibson, Friend, Leadbitter, Howson, Traore, Downing, Bamford, Assombalonga

19. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

I thought lynch played last week & bapstiste didn’t

20. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

Who?