1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Nottingham Forest

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Probably not but he’s possibly our main hope. I like Oteh but don’t think he’s capable yet of playing 40+ games and getting into double figures. We’ll probably find out though.

Staines R's likes this.
  2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure you know that I value beautiful football above results, but I’m not stupid enough (just) not to realise that one without the other is eventually unsatisfying. I didn’t see the game, from what people say I’m sure we played better than we have done recently (without it being beautiful football, I can barely remember what that looks like in the context of QPR). I’m sure we were better than Forest except in the categories of scoring goals and conceding goals. That I know for a fact. But it was a meaningless game, made more meaningless by playing a bunch of people who certainly won’t be at the club in a few weeks time, picked by a manager who won’t be here either.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  3. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

In that Eustace started with Walker up front, plus Eze and BOS, and left Freeman, Wells and Pawel on the Bench, it seemed to me that giving a game to youngsters to give them some 1st team experience, was a greater priority than winning the game today.

qprmountmartha, N22hoop and Stroller like this.
  4. bunmahon_ranger

bunmahon_ranger Well-Known Member

I think sacrificing a goat is definitely worth a shot...good call

5. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

QPR caretaker-manager John Eustace said:

"That game summed our season up. We haven't been clinical enough. It's something we need to get right in the summer.

"It's important that we recruit winners - players who aren't used to losing. I think over the last two or three seasons the standards haven't been good enough and the recruitment is going to be massive this summer.

"We need to recruit hungry players who it means everything to them to win games.
    There were a lot of young players out there fighting for the club and the experience will only stand them in good stead for next year."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He's right in what he says but finding winners & hungry players costs money we don't have.
    A clear out in definitely needed though.

Rodney and kiwiqpr like this.
  6. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Its all about opinions, that's football. I didnt see it, nor was I too bothered about seeing it and that says a lot about how I feel about our club at the moment. Whether we played well or not becomes irrelevant at the final whistle if no points are recorded. What you can do is take positives and try to build on them. Take negatives and try to erase them. I dont bye this about giving the youngsters some valuable experience. BOS should be starting anyway, Eze has started the majority of games and Walker surely cant be any worse than Smith, Wells or Hemed. Let's just face facts, this team is poor,one of the poorest I've seen for a while. It's not going to improve without shrewd purchasing. That's what the next manager should be about. If the youngsters are good enough then they should and will start under anyone with half a brain. What we need is a manager who can purchase decent players. That in my opinion may be some foreign geezer who knows the lower leagues of European football.

7. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Very much so.

8. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

We did play well today with much better pressing, passing and possession but we lost because they were clinical with the fewer chances they had and we squandered ours.

I don't expect us to win every game but I do expect to be entertained for my money. Perhaps one can quantify that in football terms as in 'Ooh Ahh' moments. There were at least half a dozen such moves from us that brought that reaction from the crowd and that was, at least, entertaining with the hope that one such moment might produce a goal.

Smith unlucky not to score with the header.
    Wells missed couple of reasonable chances and tried to redeem.himself with the penalty. Alas!
    Lovely move put Tomer through but just could not get his feet right (Or maybe blocked).

Best I've seen us.play for ages but those who point to the only stats that count make irrefutable observatjons.

Entertainment is great but only points get you up the board to safety and promotion.

Lists ing to the story of The Blades. They decided to appoint a die hard Blade as manager and get behind him. I know we've tried that with Olly but maybe Birch or Ainsworth would bring that passion and playing for the badge and pride!

daverangers, Rodney and Stroller like this.
  9. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

We didn't deserve to lose this one. The first half was a bit of a snore fest with not a lot happening. They tried hard but Forest edged it with slicker football. In the second half we came out all guns blazing and created some good chances. BOS looks a real talent and we'll have a real talent if he can find an end product and learn how to put away chances. We could have won it on most other days and could've scored four or five but Pantilimon had a worldy with some excellent saves. I thought we got the penalty for handball when it looked to me that Robinson punched the ball above his head. I don't know why Wells was bought on as he didn't look interested against Blackburn. His two shots before the penalty were comical and there was no way he should've taken it. Everyone around us were saying that he was going to miss it.

Anyway, I'm glad the home campaign is over. The last four seasons in the Championship have been much of a muchness and it's difficult to differentiate one from another. In fact since OBZ day the last five years have been pretty ****e where we've been looking down and very rarely up.

I heard today that a deal has been done with Ainsworth. I'm not too sure how true that is but I wouldn't wish this job on him. Well certainly not at the moment anyway.

10. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

I liked everything you said in this excellent post but then you have to go and spoil it with that last paragraph! :emoticon-0116-evilg

11. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

I totally agree with everything you've said so I won't repeat it with my own full report. I'd just add:
    1. Lumley's first half save, one-on-one, was incredible;
    2. For me, Scowen would be vying for man of the match (again) with BOS, he put in a real shift and produced some quality moments, as well as the sweat;
    3. Manning looked a lot more comfortable again today;
    4. Interesting to see Cameron play at CB; he'd be worth a place in the 2019/20 squad as a CB, if he were affordable;
    5. After a number of insipid displays earlier in the season, I was a little surprised to see Hemed again put in so much effort to such good effect; and
    6. Lovely to see Walker get his full debut: Hemed, Wells and Smith haven't always starred , so it could have happened a little earlier!

StortfordQPR and QPR999 like this.
  12. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Just for once, next season especially, can we get them in before we clear them out? It really would not surprise me at all that third week of August has come and we have not recruited a manager, a single player and we then release a ship load full of players in a panic to pay the utilities bills in September while our billionaires quaff champagne and talk about the importance of getting it right and recruiting the right man with the vision to take us to the next level. Their excuse then will be that we are struggling to put 11 fit players out onto the pitch for the first game of the season. By and large the players we do have are not worth much money so they can be released or moved on for a fee once we have the requisite number of replacements in. One out one in not vice versa.

13. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Don't you mean 1 in, 1 Out?

14. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Dedication beyond the call of duty, and he's still relatively compos mentis...<applause>

Didley Squat, kiwiqpr and WBA2_QPR3 like this.
  15. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

My mate Chris beats that.....1460+ competitive games consecutively.....home and away.

Madness beyond redemption.

16. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

That’s a syndrome, an obsessive compulsion, not a hobby.

kiwiqpr and Staines R's like this.
  17. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

He’s not well.

kiwiqpr and Staines R's like this.
  18. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Yes indeed

QPR Oslo likes this.
  19. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

That's a jail sentence..... you don't get that long for murder! Hope his parole officer directs him to the nearest pub.

Staines R's and kiwiqpr like this.
  20. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Clive W's match report ...

Forest flop leaves QPR nursing unwanted record - Report

Sunday, 28th Apr 2019 by Clive Whittingham

A club record eleventh home defeat of the league season was confirmed in the final match of the 2018/19 campaign at Loftus Road against Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

With the grim inevitability of the ten defeats that went before it, Queens Park Rangers lost at home for the eleventh time this season on Saturday – a club record.

The players responsible were left to complete the traditional end of season lap of the pitch in front of an almost entirely empty stadium, finally abandoned by one of the most patient QPR crowds I can ever recall who feel the team abandoned them weeks ago. Harsh on one or two of them, but everything one or two others deserve. There’s been barely a whisper of dissent at games directed towards the team, the management, the executives or the owners despite everything that’s gone on, but being asked to stay and applaud this group for this output, trotting round the pitch with wife and kids, was an imposition too far. Ghosts of QPR present, left to drift around a silent stadium alone. I hope they were embarrassed, because they've embarrassed us.

The rest is here ... https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/50248