1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Query for a Hull City book I'm writing

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by RichardG, Sep 9, 2016.

1. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

Hello Not606ers,

I'm writing a book about Hull City to raise money for Dove House Hospice. The book will primarily focus on the decade from 2000 to 2010, but will also feature a few chapters on the club's history. I'm telling the story essentially through a series of quotes from the club's former players, managers and owners, who thus far have been incredibly receptive, though I'm keen to speak to a few fans too. On this note, I'd like to speak to someone who was at the first game at Boothferry Park. Would anyone on here know someone who was there who they could put me in touch with?

And while I'm here, I've been attempting - to no avail - to track down Mike Peterson, who authored the excellent 'A Century of City'. Again, would anyone on here know him and be able to help put me in touch with him for a few queries I have? For all of the above, just PM me.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can give me.

Richard Gardham

Kempton likes this.
  2. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

3. RichardG

4. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

No problem.

5. C'mon ref

C'mon ref Well-Known Member

As one of those who have contributed to the linked thread I'm sorry to say I cannot help, I did know Jock Davidson, but sadly he has passed away, and others that I knew, Les Collinson was one, I haven't seen or heard of for years. Waggy had a club in Hessle, the former Marlborough Club, since closed down and has moved on but I've no idea where to.

6. RichardG

Thanks C'mon ref.

I've interviewed both Waggy and Chillo already, as well as the sons of Raich and Billy Bly. Most current list of interviewees stands at Nick Barmby, Wayne Brown, Ben Burgess, Chris Chilton, Andy Dawson, Lawrie Dudfield, Paul Duffen, Keith Edwards, Caleb Folan, Ryan France, Richard Garcia, Stuart Green, Mark Hateley, Andy Holt, Brian Horton, Junior Lewis, Adam Lowthorpe, Colin Murphy, Boaz Myhill, Jon Parkin, Adam Pearson, Jeff Radcliffe, Garreth Roberts, Don Robinson, Peter Taylor, Michael Turner, Ken Wagstaff and Tom Wilson, with many more promised (Phil Brown and Phil Parkinson among them) and others being pursued. Former City press man Brendon Smurthwaite is a huge help on tracking people down.

DMD likes this.
  7. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I can't help much with information, but good luck with the book, especially given the cause. <ok>

RichardG likes this.
  8. augustatiger

augustatiger Well-Known Member

How do you send and read a private message?

9. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Just click on 'start a conversation' under the name of the person you want to send a pm to.

10. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

click on the envelope in the top right and 'start a new conversation'. When you get sent one it shows up if you click the flag top right.
    I think that's how you do it...

11. RichardG

Hello folks. It's begging time again. I'm coming close to finishing the interviews for my book on Hull City (see above). I'm just trying to mop up the final few interviews. Of those I'd love to speak to, would anyone have any contact links with Jan Molby, Warren Joyce, Paul McShane, Jon Whitney, Eddie Gray, Terry Neill, Ken Houghton or Steve Wilson that isn't begging them on social media? I've got pretty much everyone else I need (or they've agreed to be interviewed I just haven't got it in the can yet, as is the case with Deano and Mussy, for example).

If you're interested, my list of interviewees thus far is: Gary Alexander, Danny Allsopp, Ian Ashbee, Billy Askew, Nick Barmby, George Boateng, Mark Bonner, Gary Brabin, David Brown, Phil Brown, Wayne Brown, Ben Burgess, Fraizer Campbell, Chris Chilton, Leon Cort, Andy Dawson, Andy Daykin, Damien Delaney, Terry Dolan, Lawrie Dudfield, Paul Duffen, Matt Duke, Keith Edwards, Mike Edwards, Stuart Elliott, John Eyre, Craig Fagan, Alan Fettis, Martin Fish, Caleb Folan, Ryan France, Kevin Francis, Richard Garcia, Mark Greaves, Geovanni, Stuart Green, Mark Hateley, Andy Holt, Brian Horton, Bryan Hughes, Stephen Hunt, Richard Jobson, Gary Johnson, Marc Joseph, John Kaye, Michael Keane, Dean Keates, Junior Lewis, Brian Little, Adam Lowthorpe, Dean Marney, Simon Maltby, Colin Murphy, Les Mutrie, Boaz Myhill, Jon Parkin, Phil Parkinson, Adam Pearson, Henrik Pedersen, Jason Price, Jeff Radcliffe, Sam Ricketts, Garreth Roberts, Don Robinson, Rodney Rowe, Sean Rush, Rob Smith, Brendon Smurthwaite, Greg Strong, Peter Taylor, Michael Turner, Ken Wagstaff, Billy Whitehurst, Justin Whittle, Alan Wiley, Tom Wilson, Raich Carter Jr, Roy Bly, Mike White, Mark Robinson, Robert Crampton, Roy North and various fans.

12. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Some interesting ones there I wouldn’t have expected - Mark Bonner? Will be interested to read the angle on that one :emoticon-0148-yes:

13. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

OLM used to (and may still do) have contact with Joycey so he may be able to help. Looking forward to reading it when you're finished RG.

14. bum_chinned_crab

<laugh>

15. Walter Sobchak

I think you've whooshed me as I don't get the response mate.

16. bum_chinned_crab

There was A LOT of discussion at the time about OLM’s faux pas - as some saw it - in regards with contact with Joyce over the banner.

Can. Worms. Opened.

17. Walter Sobchak

Must have passed me by. Warren contacted me personally after having my number passed to him and was very complimentary and thankful that I'd funded the banner etc. Seemed very touched at the time.

bum_chinned_crab likes this.
  18. bum_chinned_crab

I wasn’t involved in the slightest but from memory it was something about ruining the surprise.

19. Walter Sobchak

It doesn't matter anyway as the SMC won't let me display it unfortunately. Despite numerous emails and sensible suggestions of where it could be placed.

20. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

You'll probably get the chance when the club gets owners willing to listen to the supporters.

Walter Sobchak likes this.