1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Quinns statement of intent.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Cest Advocaat, Oct 5, 2011.

1. General Klytus

According to the information that I have read when looking into this topic, the accounts were being used as from next season...

However irrespective of whether it is this seasons accounts or not, if clubs in England continued to pay £100 k per week do you think the footballers will be zestfully buying themselves out of their contracts to go and play for Lyon on £15 k per week? In terms of what I'm suggesting, nothing has changed...

Anyhow, we have more pressing issues to be concerned with as Steve Bruce may well be the tactical genius behind a Turner/Nosworthy central partnership come injury time (if it arrives so let us pray to God that it doesn't).

However let us recall that Bruce sacked a former employee for pointing out the cause of why SAFC had so many injuries in the not to distant past, a manager with a proven track record of relegation. A manager who let Gyan, Zenden and Malbranque leave the club and paid £13 million potentially rising to £17 million and replaced them with two championship plodders in Gardener and Wickham when we already had the pedigree and cover upon our books, money which could have been spent on a left winger (a position that really needed a new player!).

Bruce the same manager who persistantly pursued Peter Crouch, a player that declined SAFC once and has consistently said he DIDN'T want to sign for SAFC, yet Bruce in his infinate wisdom still believed he was the type of mentality that would succeed at SAFC! The same Steve Bruce who didn't sign N'Zogbia (a left winger...helloooo a left winger!), a player who affectively said he would like to come to SAFC! Instead Bruce chose to release Malbranque, Zenden and sanction a loan for Gyan (positions that we already had cover for) and then went on to spend £13 million on Wickham and Gardener!

You have to laugh because you would go insane if you thought there was a brain operating behind all of these decisions!

Let us all rejoice and get behind Brucie! Super Stevie Roger Bruce!

"The man with the masterplan"

:) :) :)

2. blackcatsteve

blackcatsteve Well-Known Member

Well its this season. and not sure what you are going on about there, its not about N`zogbia ripping up his contract and going to play for lyon for £15,000 a week, its whether a player from Lyon can come to a club like Sunderland and win the PL if we paid him £100,000 a week

no they couldnt.

manager who let Gyan go = debatable
    Zendon = we couldnt promise him enough games, and he still hasnt got a club, so maybe it was the right thing to do
    Steed = we got 2 million for him, he retired from football a 2 months later, good bit of business if you ask me.

N`zogbia = like i explained before or in another thread, cant remember now, his wages were too steep = other players would want the same = crap load of cash going out on wages.

Whickham was 8, only if he does well it will rise to 13, so i hope it does rise to 13, and he is one of the hottest young prospects in the English game.

Gardner i ctually agree with, scored 17 goals in his whole career, 10 of those last season, dont think he is much at all tbh but hope he proves me wrong.

3. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

Mensah? Injury prone - spent more time paying his wages while on the treatment table than actually playing football

Zenden? He wanted guaranteed playing time. no player should be guaranteed anything, as game time should be given on merit. He left on his own choice

Steed? Retired, got 2 million for him before he did so

Onouha? was good, but worth 8 million Man C wanted for him? nope

Welbeck: SAF wanted him back at Man U

Zog? He has said himself, in recent interview, that he is not happy playing on the left for Villa and his best position in on the right! how would that have sorted out our left wing?

Bent? He wanted to leave, why keep an unhappy player at the club?

Gyan? Bruce had no say it, and the Greedy twat left us for 200k a week. Gyan is a good player, but no way is he worth as much as Tevez or others who are on 200k (the amount we would have needed to pay him for him to stay)