1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ralph signs new 4 year contract

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by saintrichie123, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Libby

Libby 9-0

Wasn't there reports of him offering his resignation after Leicester? No idea if true or not though obviously.

2. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Believe so, yes. I think he’s a man of honour and honesty (though we’ve been burned on that front before!)

3. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

With Ralph signing a new contract I have a feeling we are in for some exciting times over the next few years. You have to be impressed with the way he has been getting things sorted out at the club and together with Matt Crocker and Martin Semmens it does look like we have a solid internal backbone. It will be great to see a long period of stability with some of the quality youngsters coming through the academy and a few decent player additions. There have certainly been more smiles and a sense of 'we might just be getting somewhere' feeling around the club since Ralph has been here.

4. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

I think we have really used this hiatus to our advantage to get the strategy lined up and a plan agreed, this rather strange end of the season will be used to iron out any issues, then the close season with various comings and goings before we hit the new season with a revitalised squad

5. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

Gove? Maybe not, next PM odds Sunak 2nd fav at 7/2 Keir Starmer 1st on 11/8 Gove 3rd back at 12
    https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-prime-minister

6. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

7. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

In context with the ownership discussion. I rust my chase. But yeah maybe. Anyway he's not my Rushi fundamental brexiteer that he is.
    Dark Lord SFC said:
    "The Tory leadership change will be early next year, Gove is next on the runway but our Rishi may prove to be the surprise package
    Anyway, could Rishi’s father in law buy us? Billionaire businessman"
    Gove? Maybe not, next PM odds Sunak 2nd fav at 7/2 Keir Starmer 1st on 11/8 Gove 3rd back at 12
    https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-prime-minister

8. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

I love Ralph, and he deserves enormous credit for sticking with it after the Leicester debacle. However, our upturn in form happened when he started picking Stephens and Armstrong - the solution was there but he took an age to find it. You win or you learn I suppose!

9. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Or you could argue when Charlie was binned and Jack became his own man... too difficult to pin anything on something specific. It’s a complicated business.

bottom line for me is that Ralph feels right.

10. Saintjoey

Saintjoey Well-Known Member

Wonder what other decisions have been taken? Seemingly PEH to be sold? Wouldn’t be surprised to see JWP signed to a longer term deal...

Dark Lord SFC and davecg69 like this.

11. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

As Koeman found out with Long, but then he’s a managerial genius, apparently :)