1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Reading v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Dec 3, 2021.

?

City win?

1. City win

2. Draw

3. Royals flush

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

3-5-2
    And we will be fine. FACT

Readings ground!! It’s like a library!!

Resurgent Hull City will be aiming to make it five consecutive wins when they travel to Reading in the Championship on Saturday.

The Tigers' recent run has lifted them out of the relegation zone to 19th, one point ahead of Reading who are 21st.
    It was only a month ago that Hull, winners of League One last season, looked doomed to be relegated straight back to the third tier following a run of five successive defeats with just one goal scored.

But the Tigers have been proof that you should never write any team off, as Grant McCann has masterminded a remarkable turnaround that has seen them win their last four games and rise five points above the bottom three.

Their latest victory came over a stubborn Millwall side last weekend as goals from George Honeyman and Ryan Longmansecured a 2-1 triumph.

Hull remain the second-lowest scorers in the Championship this season with just 16 goals to their name, but seven of those have come in their current winning streak.
    Reading, on the other hand, are the second-highest scorers in the bottom half but they also have the third-worst defence in the whole division, having not kept a clean sheet since mid-October.

The club's points deduction has plunged them into a potential relegation battle, but they secured a surprise 3-2 win away at Swansea City last weekend which Veljko Paunovic said was a statement that his team would never give up.

Tom Dele-Bashiru, Andy Carroll and Danny Drinkwater were all on the scoresheet as the Royals earned just their second victory in eight matches.
    Reading have taken only one point from their last four home matches and have only beaten Hull once in their last 12 meetings with the Tigers.

These are the two sides with the fewest draws to their name in the Championship this season, Reading with two and Hull with three.

city win 2-1

2. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

It will be a tough game I reckon, would be happy with a draw, though, let's keep 352 and the winning ways.

Newland Tiger likes this.
  3. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

Reading probably better than their league position suggests with points off etc.

Tough one, ever hopeful, but a draw.

4. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Should we draw, would that keep up our winning ways?

Sorry, that was a bit pedantic :biggrin:

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Home of the first female professor in Great Britain.Edith Morley was appointed as Professor of English Language at the University of Reading in 1908.

Reading was home to the first ever Little Chef restaurant opened in 1958 in Oxford Road.

Reading is the largest town without city status in the UK.

There are five types of potato named after Reading

The oldest known song in English was found in Reading Abbey. Summer is Icumen In was written around 1260. It contains the oldest record of the word fart.

Philippa Langley, the woman who found the body of Richard III under a car park in Leicester, believes the grave of Henry I is also under a car park in Reading.

Reading has the shortest high street in the country

Reading are the only team to finish second in what is now the Championship and not get promoted,

tigerincanada and AlaHullPPG like this.
  6. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

We've got a reasonable record against Reading but it's always a tough game. I'd take a draw, but a win would be brilliant of course. Starting to get a bit nervous just now, my ticket hasn't arrived yet. :emoticon-0107-sweat

7. Wessie Exile

Wessie Exile Well-Known Member

I have a free day tomorrow now so hopefully pay on the gate will be available

8. Stockholm Tiger

Stockholm Tiger Well-Known Member

I'm not a superstitious person, but I'm not going to change my vote from the prediction I've made the last 4 games.

Touches wood, rubs a rabbits foot, hugs a 4 leaf clover, walks around the ladder.

9. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Reading nowt, City 3.

10. Ullofaman

Ullofaman Well-Known Member

Well now, there is a certain cachet to going to play the Royals at the Majedski Stadium. But, considering that the ground is currently called the Select Car Leasing Stadium, it might be better for Reading to revert to their original monicur, the Biscuitmen...it gives a more rounded proletarian vibe to the whole package.

11. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Of course it's like a library. They're reading...

12. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Duh

Newland Tiger likes this.
  13. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

Definitely be happy with a draw on this one.Carroll must be has good has anyone at this level with his heading ability but they have some very decent players. Hopefully we will keep the run going though.

14. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Yes, it was a bit pedantic, and not what I actually said, that's why I said, I would be happy with a draw, THOUGH, stay with 352 and winning ways.

Meaning, if we drew then I would be happy, but I would prefer staying with 352 and the winning ways.

tigerincanada likes this.
  15. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

We'll play 3-5-2. There still isn't a fit right back available to even make it a choice.

16. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

Prutton predicts… city 2-1…. Away win !!!!
    Sky Sports pundit shares prediction for Reading FC's Championship clash with Hull City ….

17. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

The obvious change is Elder for Wilks & pushing KLP up but can't see a reason why you'd make any others than that

18. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It is

19. Jackthecap

Jackthecap Well-Known Member

2-0 reverse. Run comes to an abrupt end. Won't start predicing wins until we lose ;-)

20. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Is it literally pay on the gate?
    If so, why can't we do it?