1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Recession - of course FFS

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Feb 15, 2024.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

So we are finally in recession.
    Surprise surprise.

The B of E raise people’s mortgage costs during a cost of living crisis and wonder why retail sales have slumped.
    Really? I wonder why!!

Of course - people were already being squeezed by the inflation - so the bank/government in their wisdom try and ‘tackle’ the crisis by upping existing mortgage holders’s bills.

You couldn’t make it up - and the old excuse about higher interest rates deterring people from borrowing - THEY ALREADY HAVE FKING BORROWED!!!!

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-economy-in-a-recession-13071973

Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
  2. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

not a real one ..................

3. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

I have often wondered what’s the point of the ONS and the Nation’s quarterly figures that are then revised upwards or downwards a couple of months later!!

To me, it goes back to lies, damned lies and statistics!!

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  4. realred1952

its not lies! it is statistics though! and it is an average over a 3 month period!? just a month below the line might be just enough to cause a 3 month period to under it.. I think though it might be a rolling 3 month so a bad month might effect 3 month periods over a longer time !

ie: March + April = May big - so that 3 month might be a candidate ............ so then you have APR / MAY / JUNE ............ MAY /JUNE /JULY ETC?????

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

<laugh><laugh> Statistics -
    Lies, damned lies and statistics and our jgf2.......:emoticon-0105-wink:

6. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

It'll be fine when FlipFlop's in No 10.

He'll pay the poor rail drivers on £65k a year for 4day week whatever they want extra.
    Same with the doctors....... and any others who use their muscle.
    Ms Reeves £28 billion green objective has FlipFlopped out the window.
    He'll pander to our UK Muslim folk and anyone else against Israel within the Labour Party.
    They're going to relax planning rules.......with immigration annually at 745,000 they'll bloody need to.
    Madness.

Who do I blame for this mess ?......... The inept Tory government.

7. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

In honesty, it recently has been a shambles and currently is a shambles........what we have to look forward to when Labour get in.........things are gonna get a whole lot worse...for the "normal" hard working & honest person..........I hate to say it, but this wonderful Country that we all knew and loved is no longer.....and will only get worse..

Redprintt likes this.
  8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Paying billions of taxpayers money on illegals -what a furcking joke and we let the knuckle draggers get away with it.:emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil

Wait till the looney party gets in it will be twice as bad.

Britain is lost forever.

9. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I’ve never known anything anywhere near as bad as this in my lifetime, and all after 14 years of the present Government. They need to be kicked out and never let anywhere near power ever again. I really don’t understand how anyone can even attempt to make excuses for them.

If Labour are elected if they can’t dig us out of the mire then we really are on the Sh$t

10. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

They won’t dig us out, just dig deeper..

Red Robin and Redprintt like this.

11. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Fill the country full of people with who we have no shared culture or values with and the politicians wonder why there’s an increase in crime
    If it’s not already there the country is well on the way to ruin
    The English way of life and heritage is now noticeably being erased and those at the top of government, big business and law and order are wholly to blame
    No guts and no clue

12. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

So you weren't alive in the 70's.
    Miners Strike and a 3 day week, Red Robbo and the Car Unions and we couldn't bury the dead.
    And you think today's bad, just wait Ashton.

13. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Billions on furkers that travel across 5/6 safe countries -you wonder why because the elites give yours and my taxpayers money to the ****s.

Then they want to rape woman-girls-boys-men-want 4/5 star hotels-free food-free money.

The country is furked and it will get worse.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  14. Angelicnumber16

The vote against the Tories in the latest two by elections is quite understandable as they are entirely to blame for the whole current situation
    But I f don’t believe it’s a pro Labour vote either
    People are sick and tired of politics and there’s little difference between either party
    Neither respect what the majority of people want and that’s why people are dissatisfied because we’re not being listened to while the Government bodies have their own agenda
    Things will definitely not get any better and at the general election there’s likely to be a lot of voter apathy
    It’s a total disgrace

15. AshtonRed

Too young to have a full understanding in the 70’s. That was 50 years ago.
    At present we’re in a complete mess, most people can see it. The only ones that can’t are old fossils that are losing their marbles. <laugh><laugh>

16. AshtonRed

We live in a two party state, dislike for the last Labour government got the Tories elected, it’s how it works. It’s always the government of the day that loses an election. A opposition party of any colour has no power and has to rely on the governing party to mess up.

17. Angelicnumber16

Well the Labour Party won’t be able to turn things around either in my humble opinion, so they will get the same amount of abuse when those who vote for them find that nothing is any better

Red Robin likes this.
  18. realred1952

was asked "blue green red" what does it mean .. well
    Blue is + above average basis line ............ green is average / basis line ........... red with comment is depth of below the basis line .... pink is shallow dip below the basis line.
    COULD HAVE ADDED THAT EARLIER/ POST .... BUT HAD TO RUSH OUT

19. AshtonRed

They will be afforded time imo, they are making it very clear they won’t be able to fix it quickly. It has taken 14 years to get this bad, it will take a long time to fix.

Let’s be honest this lot are so incompetent and untrustworthy, Boris who lies for a living, Liz Truss who was fiscally irresponsible, and as dull as dishwater, and Richi who has never been elected, in fact he was even beaten by Liz Truss in a two horse race, it’s not going to be difficult to at least be more competent than that lot.

It will probably do them good to be out of office for a time in order to regroup, get rid of the deadwood and refresh.

We do need a competent opposition for parliament to function properly. Personally I’d prefer that to be a more cohesive and well run centre right party, it would be good if the Lib Dem’s could step up to the plate, maybe with a merger of the more sensible centre right element of the Tory party.

20. Angelicnumber16

Without a total revamp and a return to truly conservative values, the Tories may not return in a generation or longer
    The Lib Dem’s are too wet and with Ed Davey involved on the edge of the Post Office Horizon scandal, plus like Starmer, unable to state to the electorate that biology outstrips ideology when it comes to what a woman is I can’t see them mounting any sort of challenge
    Labour has its own issues with many pro Palestine and anti semetic members, so they may well win, but when voting day comes for a general election it will be interesting to see what happens
    More and more people are turning to Reform because they don’t like the what. The Tories have done over the past decade or more, and they don’t trust Starmer and Labour
    Reform won’t win this time but if Labour continue down the same path as the Tories on immigration, social issues and law and order their time may come in the future

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024