1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Recipe help needed (Steak Morateur)

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Owld Feller, May 24, 2020.

1. Owld Feller

Owld Feller Well-Known Member

It's (essentially) fillet steak with an anchovy based sauce, which I cooked many times (years back) but no longer have the recipe showing the exact quantities for the sauce.

The version I'm hoping someone can help me with was published in the weekly Cordon Blue series in the '70s, but I didn't ship my collection of cook books to Thailand when I moved here.

From what I can remember it comprises of shallots, anchovy butter, anchovy essence, white wine & fresh cream.

I tried writing to C.B. but didn't even receive the courtesy of a reply, unlike Albert Roux, Gary Rhodes and Raymond Blanc who provided exactly what I asked of them.

If anyone can provide what I'm looking for it will be very much appreciated - I've found other versions of the dish under the same name, on the web, but none that match what I'm looking for.

2. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

Owld Feller likes this.
  3. Owld Feller

Owld Feller Well-Known Member

Many thanks for that because it led me to a link that informed me that Cordon Bleu have a school in Thailand, which I'd been unaware of, so I will contact them when it's allowed to re-open.

https://www.cordonbleu.edu/thailand/home/en

In the interim, please don't think that I've forgotten about my promise - you should receive the recipe that I promised you very soon, with alternatives to the seafood for your other half.

4. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

All good mate :)