1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Recruiting for the Prem ...

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by FosseFilberto, May 1, 2024.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

It's quite obvious that we'll need to strengthen considerably next season if we are to avoid going straight back down ... however, there are some unpolished diamonds in the Championship in teams we have encountered this season - many of whom could be available at relatively reasonable cost ...

So who would you like?

I'll start with a rather obvious one ...

Sammie Szmodics from Blackburn - incredible number of goals and assists from midfield in a mediocre/ struggling team ... would be a great addition to our attacking options ... although I suspect that defence is likely to be a greater priority...

Last edited: May 2, 2024
  2. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

I think the recruitment starts with who we can keep. KDH, Ndidi and Vardy are the three with highest priority for me, followed by Praet. All the press about KDH having to be sold are concerning while the player himself has said he wants to stay. Next would be turning Fatawu's loan into permanent. Then we start with the defence. I think goalkeeper we are fine but right across the back we need strengthening. JJ and Ricardo are good enough but that's it. Coady can do a job but Faes couldn't help last season and Vestergaard we all believe wont have the pace. Wouldn't mind having another look at Soumare but the other loan players can be sold to hopefully raise that money we need. Kelechi and a few others also off contract but I think we get rid of their wages. After that who knows, Callum O'Hare seems to be popular but itd defenders we need.

BucksFox likes this.
  3. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

a decent accountant would help<laugh>

4. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

We’re going to need at least one full back and one centre back. A season on loan in the championship for Nelson, but we’ll need someone with a bit of pace in the middle.
    In midfield Fatawu obviously needs to be signed permanently, a good creative midfielder who can pick a pass around the oppositions penalty area too, that would play to Vardys strengths.
    Up front another striker, sell Daka, maybe loan Cannon to a championship team until Christmas then get him back if he’s scoring.

5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Foxy in Foyle likes this.