1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Relegation..

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 55282, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

EXACTLY WRONG

Kifflom! likes this.
  2. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Well that's your your opinion Stump , certainly not mine

Stumpy likes this.
  3. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

You know my opinion roof because I always try to say what I think and back up my statements with reason why I think as I do.

You can agree with it or not thats up to you but but its my opinion you can agree with or not.

Opinions are in the why of things roof, statements are in the what and statements are just confirmation of a belief not an explanation into why you believe and why you believe is your opinion.

I don't realy know your opinion on things roof because you say what, list, but never why, understanding.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Kifflom! likes this.
  4. seabreeze

Another beauty post Bob ...

5. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

As for meaningless drivel, your quote "Guidolin came to us out of the blue. nothing changed after his arrival except we deteriorated" comes out on top.

You can put as much context in it as you like Stumpy but you can't avoid the facts. You're willingness to erase Guidolin from our history shows your one eyed view of how football should be played. He used different tactics, he played horses for courses and he took a team which was on a downward spiral to the Championship to finish mid table with our second highest points total in the Premiership, but you don't remember him doing anything wonderfully well.

"It was all Curtis" I hear you say. Well have a look at our team now Stumpy and you will see Curtis still there and look at the state we're in. The manager has the final say. It is his responsibility. He takes the blame or credit.

A couple of weeks ago I saw us play some of the best football I've seen since Mike Laudrup left (against Man City) and a week later we sacked the manager. Last night I saw a "Shower of ****e X1". All down to Curtis?

Guidolin was doing a job, a steady job. He wasn't exciting. Our fans didn't like him because he did things differently. We sacked him at the end of a universally accepted fixture list from hell when our play was actually improving after we had sold our top scorer and our Club Captain, the focal point of our defence.

But his record speaks for itself, backed up by meaningful facts not meaningless drivel.

NB: Yes, Joe played very well last night. What a Huw Jenkins fu.ck up that was. That also shows that Guidolin had to work under the most trying of circumstances which makes his record even more remarkable.

6. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Three reasons Swansea fans should be worried, including lack of strength in depth

The Swans were well beaten 3-1 at Stoke City last night and are in the bottom three.

please log in to view this image

Last night saw Bob Bradley's Swansea City visit fellow early season strugglers Stoke City for an important game in the Premier League. They left the Bet 365 Stadium beaten fairly convincingly and even more galling for Swans fans, two of their goals were scored by former star Wilfried Bony and assisted by academy graduate Joe Allen.

Swansea now lie 19th in the league, five points away from safety even at this early stage. Here are three reasons why their fans should be worried.

They look toothless up front
    Stoke striker Bony is a shining example of just what Swansea are missing. A big and powerful striker with pace and a good finisher. He is ideal for their preferred 4-2-3-1 formation as he can handle playing up front on his own.

Fernando Llorente is now the Swans main man up front and while he is no doubt a handful in the air, he severely lacks mobility, which means unless they can get balls in the box often enough, the former Spanish international striker is just a passenger in most games.

Unless they change the formation to play two up front, they will struggle to score goals.

They have no experience at the back
    On paper, a £12 million deal for a 32-year-old central defender would seem like good business. It hasn't proved it so far though with the Welsh club missing their talismanic defender and captain Ashley Williams.

To replace him they brought in Dutch defender Mike van der Hoorn and Alfie Mawson from Championship side Barnsley. Both have potential but it is fair to say they are both young and raw at this level, with neither having ever played in the Premier League before.

Elsewhere, Jordi Amat is the only other recognised central defender and he has never excelled or played regularly for the club.

There is no strength in depth
    Swansea's bench last night; Amat, Leon Britton, Borja Baston, Kristoffer Nordtfelt, Angel Rangel, Jack Cork and Daniel James. No one from that bench could come on and realistically make a big difference to a match. Baston was singed in the summer, but will take time to adjust.

Leon Britton and Jack Cork are good players and have been good pros at Swansea, but neither have the ability to come on and help nick a result. They are solid and hardworking holding players.

They cannot even blame injuries as Leroy Fer is the only real first team player currently ruled out.

7. swanseaandproud

Do we have the right to take the piss out of the Jacks ?
    Annis Abraham November 1, 2016 News

Cardiff City Fans,Do we have the right to take the piss out of the Jacks?

By Steven Thomas

Sometimes our fans makes right arses out of themselves when it comes to the Jacks. Don’t get me wrong I cheered for every goal that Stoke scored last night and very loudly, but after our recent history which we can look at here can we really take the piss ?
    1/ Taken over by some loon that turned our Club red and changed our badge
    2/ Sacked our manager who took us up and his number two
    3/ fantastic promotions for our Painter and decorators
    4/Hired a joke of a manager and Relegated from the Prem after one season
    5/ Sold majority of the team
    6/ Hired a joke of a manager
    7/Ultra boring football from a lower league manager sees attendances plummet
    8/ Sacked joke manager
    9/Hired joke manager
    10/ Sacked Joke Manager after dropping to second from bottom of the Championship

And we are taking the piss. For me I’m watching quietly, and let’s see if they get relegated and follow our path of total embarrassment. But I’m hoping we get a local Derby next season. I would love that coz that is what football is all about and hopefully the appointment of Warnock can at last turn us around but for many it will never end until Tan has gone.

8. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Could have sworn that Fer played .......

9. swanseaandproud

10. Turkish

Turkish Active Member

There was 1 moment against Stoke that typified Taylor for me. Routledge layed the ball off for him just outside their box and anyone that's ever played football would have seen you put that ball in 1st time. Taylor takes a touch and gets tackled. Frustrating bloke to watch. Similar to Sterling last night taking a touch in the box when the only play was to hit it 1st time.

DragonPhilljack likes this.

11. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I shouldn't have used the term meaningless drivel but meaningless figures instead. Using the word drivel suggest that something has been written to comment on but nothing had, hence my contention that the figures are meaningless.

Not only are they meaningless without context, they are very misleading and in their skinny form they actually lie. The lie being the suggestion that Guidolin has been the greatest manager Swansea City has had since our last season in the championship right the way up until now.

Is this true? No, is this the case? No it is not.

The figures lie because they completely ignore Laudrups victories in Europe and his success in cup competitions. They lie also because they competely ignore our best ever performance throughout a season under Monk who took us the the heady heights of 8th position. They ignore those stories and hide our history simply to tell the lie that Guidolin is our greatest manager.

Context tells the truth, skinny numbers do not. Guidolins numbers when backed up with meaningful facts (context) tell the true story that Guidolin in fact is not the best manager Swansea City has had in the last 12 years.

My personal favourite for the title, could be a good thread if any one wants to start it up feel free, just my opinion, is Rodgers who brought us the premiership followed closely in second place by Laudrup who broke my heart.

12. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I didn't say he was the best manager! I used the stats to show that he wasn't as bad a manager as people, including yourself, keep pointing out. Personally I think that in the long wrong he would have seen us though this difficult fixture run and guided us to mid table safety. He had enough nous to do that. I also felt the same about Mike Laudrup, another manager we sacked at the end of a hugely difficult fixture run. Probably the only one who deserved to be sacked was Monk who was taking us head first to the Championship.

The impetus that Guidolin was building (against Liverpool and Man City) has now been lost and we're back to starting all over again, losing points against Arsenal, Watford and Stoke in the process. Another three games gone by as the cavern deepens. As Roof always touches on, we have been chopping managers too often and we're now paying the price for it.

One poster on another forum described what we're going to get with Bradley as "meat and two veg with a touch of gravy". I don't think that will be enough to keep us in the Prem. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, because it'll be a shame to see us make a feeble exit from the Prem.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  13. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Its certainly a big worry PGF, BB's appointment has all kinds of connotations of nepotism even naivety. I almost choked on my porridge when it was reported he'd been interviewed for the job here, he certainly wasn't in my top 100 list to take over from Guidolin. Even Jeremy Clarkson was further up my list of contenders than he was.

Lets hope BB doesn't stand for Bob Basic and lets pray it doesn't stand for Basement Bob.

This should put a smile on your face though PGF:

"Former Swansea City boss Francesco Guidolin to be interviewed for Inter Milan job - reports"

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.c...er-milan-job/story-29861448-detail/story.html

I didn't like him as our manager but he's not now so, if the reports are true, good luck to him <ok>

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  14. seabreeze

Relegated or not , we've made a big mark on the Premier IMO .
    I think we will stay up BUT ..,even if we didn't ....
    Since the Historical game against Hull that kept our stature in the leagues...half that time has been spent in the Premier .( 12th highest consecutive streak in the Premier at 6, I think ).
    Probably the only club that has ever spent that many seasons in a row in the Premier without a net spend in transfers , only money made .
    The financial spin offs for Swansea because of the status in the Premier would be hard to measure ... but a lot .
    Infrastructure , both upgrading facilities and paying money for those upgrades must be millions .
    As far as I'm concerned we are on " Borrowed Time " after some mighty memorable times .
    Like I say , I think we will stay up , but I'll still celebrate after a possible relegation ......good times remembered will soothe for ages

PGFWhite and Stumpy like this.
  15. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

So much for being an "established Premiership side".

16. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

From the Swansea City website

Memories...

Stumpy and Kifflom! like this.
  17. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

18. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Apart from the Siggy goal (becase he always has that in his locker) I can't see us doing anything like that again. :(

19. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

How I'd love a Ferrie Bodde type player in our midfield, someone who commands the midfield like a general, taking no prisoners, supplying classy assists to our front line to put away..........<wah>

20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

The only mark we've made is a fugging big skid mark as we head for the trap door <laugh> , can you honestly believe that the likes of MOTD and Sky will miss us , the only time anyone sat up and took notice of us was in our first two maybe 3rd year after that we've become a non enity in terms of how the pundits see us ,every season always favourite for realagation , one day they'll be right .They're always looking for some new club to come up and purr about speaking knowingly about what a breath of fresh air etc they are but in honesty all they care about is the likes of Citeh,Utd and so on ,the rest of us are just an annoyance should we upset the natural order by beating them , it's never how well we played but how poor they were. I'll be gutted should we go down as I have been for any relegation we've suffered , this one will feel as bad as any other because of yet again mismanagement .