1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Remain/Leave

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

They aren't elected by us, dimwit!

2. Stan

Stan Stalker

You only elect one MP. Do you object to having rules forced upon you by MPs in other constituencies voting for them?

After all, you didn't vote for those MPs, dimwit.

3. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

I would like to see a government who has the best interests of the populous, I can’t see how the bunch we have at the forefront of politics in the U.K. are doing that.

If we had a government or a viable option in the U.K. fantastic however it’s going towards personality politics and those seem to hold personal gain or progression more important than anything else

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

No because them MP's make up the parliament of MY country. Those constituencies are in MY country. Spain is not where I live, I don't pay taxes to the Spanish government and I couldn't give two ****s what they implement nor do I have a right to.

5. brb

brb CR250

You know why i voted out. Unlike most remainers it wasn't anything to do with wealth or benefits.

But hey if you want me to play...

Shall we start with how Labour had to pass the start of the bill for the increase in the pension age in 2007, following pressure on the Tories back in 1995 to equalise the pension age to avoid penalties from the EU?

How those same collective members have failed to do anything about homelessness whatsoever, leaving individual governments to their own devices, rather than bring in rules in the same way as they did with pensions.

Oh and let's not forget it rejects democratic referendum results. Where shall we start with that one, the Greeks, the Irish, the British, go back and vote again!

6. Stan

Stan Stalker

OK, that's clearer now. You don't want foreigners to have a say on any laws the UK has to follow.

How do you feel about NATO and the UN?

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  7. Stan

Stan Stalker

You genuinely don't give a **** about poor people getting poorer in the UK through no fault of their own (unless they voted Leave)?

I take on board the first two points although the second one is kind of contradictory about how dictatorial the EU is.

With regards to the third point, they haven't rejected our referendum result. I think a lot of them wish we'd just agree to a deal and **** off.

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Well NATO and the UN usually only deal with matters of a Global interest, military threats, human rights.

When matters are of a global interest, then representatives from around the globe should get a say.

9. Stan

Stan Stalker

They deal with matters of interest to their members. Bit like the EU.

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Not quibbly, trivial **** that should be of no interest to them, like how many paid holidays are workers get, or how many fish we share with France.

11. Stan

Stan Stalker

OK mate, you sound like a UKIP manifesto! I guess you're more the Kate Hoey kind of Labour voter! <laugh>

12. brb

brb CR250

You keep up that narrative about not caring about the poor. You don't know me, so you've no idea what is close to my heart in regards to that.

I purposely threw the second one in there to demonstrate how contradictory the EU is of itself.

On the third point you state they haven't rejected our referendum result. So do i take that as an acknowledgement of Greece and Ireland, and if i remember correctly wasn't even the Lisbon Treaty rebranded to appease the French?

13. brb

brb CR250

Bombs of peace bro. No war for 70 years <ok>

14. Stan

Stan Stalker

I'm not well researched on the Greek and Ireland referendum issues.

I didn't say you don't care about the poor but you are advocating a no deal exit which it is accepted will impact the poorer people in the UK the most. I don't get why anyone would want that.

Willhoops likes this.
  15. Stan

Stan Stalker

That does seem to be an inconvenient fact for the anti-EU brigade.

16. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

Totally with you on this there was never going to be an outcome where there wasn’t going to be a financial hit and standards of living wouldn’t be impacted for the majority for many years to come as a minimum. This was clearly going to impact higher on those who struggle currently. I’ve got kids and it’s difficult enough to get a decent education and a foot on the property ladder, why make that more difficult? Mine should be ok as I’ll be in a position to help them but I can’t say that about a high proportion of friends and colleagues.

17. brb

brb CR250

Wasn't Brexit claimed by some media sources to be the voice of the working class. Haven't Brexiters been classed as stupid and uneducated, hence again wouldn't they be the less well off. I'll quote an headline from the Spectator, Brexit voters are not thick or racist but poor. So maybe (without stats) the poor people voted to be poorer to release themselves from the EU.

From a personal perspective would i be prepared to be poorer to leave, yes, and i've never said otherwise. But obviously i will leave the poor people to voice for themselves, i'm sure they don't need a remainer doing it for them if they voted out themselves. Unless remainers suddenly now feel they need to be their more educated protective guardian.

18. brb

brb CR250

The EU don't go to war. It's Nato's bombs of peace.

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

So the 95% of laws passed that the U.K. Govt supported negatively impacted you?

How? Some intangible nonsense about imaginary oppression doesn’t count. Name an actual law that negatively impacts your life in any way? Just one.

We’ve got 73 MEP’s out of 751, so nearly 10% of the total in an organisation of 28 nations, so you are represented and they were elected democratically.

Stan likes this.
  20. Stan

Stan Stalker

Not all poor people voted Leave. I feel particularly sorry for the less well off members of society who voted Remain but will have to endure tougher times because of the referendum result and an apparent determination from the people who are still on the side of Leave to be proved “right”.