1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Respect to Beckham

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bumps, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Do not care what anyone says, care how much you all hate me for saying it, dont care he is ex utd, respect is due to David Beckham, very very very classy. Hope he enjoys some more success. What a gent

2. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Sorry had not read transfer deadline day how do i transfer this into that thread think it belongs there, sorry

3. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

I don't think anyone was even against it, I don't know where them thoughts materialized from <confused>

Anyway, it's a fantastic gesture by him, I already had a lot of respect for Beckham but this deserves to be applauded.

4. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

The cynic in me wants to say something here...

5. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

I gave my cynical view on the transfer thread.

And to dude i don't hate you.:D, it's all about opinions mate and you're entitled to yours.<ok>

6. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

Mate be prepared for the conspiracy theorists now <laugh>

1. Is it at least in part a PR stunt? Probably, yes.

2. Does he need the money? Blatantly not.

3. Is he over-rated? IMO of course he is, he's a bloody one trick pony. But it's a massively useful right foot he's got there so not one of us (honestly) wouldn't have loved him if he'd been whipping in free kicks and crosses for us.

4. Is he the perfect media darling? Yup, nice guy (with a bit of an edge), athletic, the "family man" with a nice bit of adultery thrown in for the gossip columns, photogenic and with a famous and slightly freaky wife.

5. Did he have to do this? No, it's not like he doesn't do his fair share of charity work already is it? I bet if you looked at the ability to raise funds he's not far behind Princess Di in terms of pulling power for a charity.

Whatever the reasons behind it I don't doubt for a minute that Beckham himself is doing this with the a good heart and for the best of reasons. I just can't not like the fella.

7. Klopp's Mannschaft

Come on...

You can raise money for charity without telling the world you're doing it.
    You can raise awareness for a charity without telling the world how much you're donating.

I don't doubt he has honest intentions about helping a good cause, but PR is first and foremost in every single thing he's done in his life. This is another means to get his name on the front news. He could have done the same for his charity without bragging about how amazing he is by donating all his wages.

Great work Becks, no need to boast to the world though.

8. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Doesnt his boasting to the world highlight the charity, and the principle and the possibility that others may follow? I understand what you are saying but in this case dont think his motives actually matter, fact is a charity is going to benefit from a pro footballer, and you have got to imagine he is on a fairly good wage.

9. Klopp's Mannschaft

It does highlight the charity, but my point was that he could have achieved the same result without the whole, 'hey everyone come look at how awesome I am'.

10. The artist JerryChristmas

Is it the first and foremost thing in HIS life though? I don't doubt it is in his agents mind and quite probably his wifes mind but Becks is a nice fella who's a bit daft...isn't he??

I'm with Waterdude on this one, if he gives to charity on the QT then that's great (I don't doubt that 90% of the time his donations don't make headline news). If he wants to publicise a charity then we all say well done. So why not do both? He gives them a fortune he doesn't need and he gives them publicity they couldn't have imagined in their wildest dreams. Becks gets a fair few brownie points too. As cynical as I am I find it hard not to see as a win-win situation.

He's more use to society publicising charities than flogging ****ing Brylcreem to Elvis impersonators <laugh>

11. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

Don't forget Raheem sending kids to school in Jamaica <ok> fair ****s to him

12. Page_Moss_Kopite

No doubt skinny arse had a big say whether he moved to Paris or England, shes a talentless clotheshorse who we will no doubt see on the Parisian catwalks pouting her collagen lips.<whistle>

13. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

Beckham has said he'll donate all his wages to charity.

Spokeswoman Victoria, representing Anorexia is said to be very grateful.

<whistle>

14. The artist JerryChristmas

Skinny arse and freakish minging clotheshorse maybe...but talentless? Her talent is using her man to get her more money than most of us can dream of <laugh> As business strategies go it aint half bad. She'd definitely get all 5 dragons on board with that one <ok>

15. Page_Moss_Kopite

Thats part of my gripe about Beckham, everywhere he goes she goes to with that massive head on her pipecleaner thin neck pouting into the camera.<grr>

<laugh>

16. The artist JerryChristmas

You been sneaking a look at too many of them gossip mags you mate <whistle>

17. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

Personally I'm disgusted.. He should have donated his wages to an English charity.. **** the French

18. The artist JerryChristmas

That's not very charitable <tuttut>

They need more charity because of their inbred nature, collective garlic fetish, sheep burning tendencies and inherent cowardly ways....surely.

Plus it means we can look down on them even more <whistle>

19. Page_Moss_Kopite

True, the waiting room is always full of them when i'm waiting for my colonic irrigation.:emoticon-0172-mooni

20. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

Valid point, but I believe charity starts at home.. Sure there are **** loads of charities here that would benefit from 50k a week.

Can't post a you tube link as I'm on my phone but watch this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=...56.2j9j2j1.14.0.les;..0.0...1ac.1.ThS27CkSccU

Always makes me chuckle.