1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ridsdale gains control...

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by homepark_hobo, May 26, 2011.

1. Moltisanti

Moltisanti Member

Were you not on the verge on financial meltdown less than a year ago??? Ridsdale is a complete ****.

2. greenjock

greenjock Member

Hmmm this could run and run but I'm sure a straw poll would definitely come down in favour of Ridsdale being a total ****. If he can be forgiven for his previous misdemeanours then how would Argyle fans feel if the new owners turned out to be Todd and Gardener in some guise? Would it be a case of "Ok lets give them the benefit of doubt?"

Anyway not sure this saga is over by a long shot.

3. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

So many fans are grateful to chairmen and owners who come in and "save their clubs" but then go on to completely shaft the loyal fans.

My opinion is this: it's great that these people have saved your club, but as soon as they start to become a nuisance, they should be treated exactly the same as any other chairman who's a nuisance. They've outstayed their welcome and should therefore be ousted. That's true of Peter Ridsdale at Cardiff, Ken Bates at Leeds and all the other scumbags who some fans insist on humouring by justifying their chairmanship with this 'saviour' excuse.

I guess there's nothing Plymouth can do but wait and see. But if the footballing authorities had any sanity whatsoever, they'd have banned that lowlife Peter Ridsdale from the beautiful game long ago.

4. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

It really does bring into question what this fit and proper person check is? I´m guessing 10 fingers, 10 toes and no webbing between pretty much covers it. Well at least we can´t get any Exeter fans in charge of us then :emoticon-0105-wink:

5. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

I have to agree with Loiner (Cardiff and Leeds agreeing, there's a first :))

I had hoped I'd seen the last of The Riddler involved with any club but in he slithers again. He's obviously passed the Football League's 'fit and proper person' test which, given his pending alleged fraud case, I think is a little premature.
    I just hope for you guys that once the relief of 'being saved' has worn off, his true colours don't come shining through. Both the Leeds and Cardiff situations have been well documented so I wont go there but as for learned from his mistakes?...learned some new tricks would be closer to the truth.

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I don't know what the situation is with Peter Reid but I would not be surprised to see Dave Jones heading your way. These two were thick as thieves (no pun intended) and there was no way DJ didn't know about Ticketgate.

Anyway, good luck with The Riddler and all the best for next season.

6. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Peter Ridsdale obviously has an unorthodox approach to doing things, playing by the book always seems to be a challenge to him.

He accepts the problem put before him and because football is in his blood he will by hook or crook try and solve it,authenticity of procedure is not his strong suite.

Hindsight is a wonderful gift from the Gods,especially if you can do it before it becomes hindsight !

If Ridsdale had known the answer before the awkward problems developed, he surely would have approached that problem differantly,he is at the end of the day only human.Trying to solve problems in running a Football Club is a ball juggling feat that takes great skill,you can't say Ridsdale hasn't got the bottle.

As I've said before until there is concrete evidence that he his screwing PAFC I accept him on face value.

Like it or not Ridsdale was experienced enough to see that PAFC's directors were heading for the Victoria falls without a paddle between them. Todd in fact couldn't do anymore to sink the boat if he'd been given a pickaxe to smash the bottom with!!!

No one else seems to want to run PAFC as a football club,others just want to play with their bricks,concrete, scaffolding and hard hats. Ridsdale just might of helped you not to have to go down the local rec to watch Argyle play very local amatuer football,OK that might be overstating the case but you get the gist of what I'm saying.

7. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Paul Buttivant has been after a Football Club for some time, he had a go at buying Wrexham when they were in administration awhile back but didn't succeed.

Reading his profile it seems he made inquiries about PAFC's availability whilst they were in the Championship a few years back.

If he files a complaint about how Brendan Guilfoyle has treated his bid for PAFC, it is possible that Guilfoyle's governing body might have to look into the reason why Guilfoyle rejected his bid.

This will of course slow up the sale of the club,causing problems for Ridsdale and Reid in their efforts to get the club up and running for the new season.

9. Edo1990

Edo1990 Member

not through the fault of Ridsdale though, the previous owner Sam Hammam was at fault for this.

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If we could all choose an owner then I'm sure Ridsdale would be extremely low on the list. Personally I'd go for the Sultan of Bruni but then Bill Gates might run him close. We would pick some mega rich person who could afford to buy anything out of the loose change in their pocket. But, and this is the crux of the matter, none of the list would be interested in us. We do not have many choices if any other than the hand we are being dealt. We have to accept this if we want the club to survive. I accept it because I have no other idea how we would be saved at the moment. I think Argyle supporters are no longer as naive as they were. Some if not a lot will be watching like a hawk from here on in and at the first sign of trouble will be crowing out very loud. All we can do is hope this is not frying pan and fire and we will crawl out of the wreckage.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Maybe we need to replace the frying pan with a cauldron,the frying pan has burnt it bottom out by now. Maybe the new broom sweeping through Home Park as got a witch still astride it.