1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic RIP thread - July

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Plum, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

Besides, Doug died on 27 June, so you're all in the wrong thread.

2. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

More proof that TigerRoo is Tickler's Aussie cousin!

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  3. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

Well done Tuckin, I was just testing everyone and you were the only one to spot it.
    The Steak Knives are on their way mate!

4. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

R.I.P. English Cricket - died the death yesterday.

please log in to view this image

That's from "The Child Bride"! (And is she gloating)!

5. NorthFerribyTiger

NorthFerribyTiger Well-Known Member

RIP Bernat Martinez & Daniel Rivas Fernandez both killed in a first lap collision during the World Superbikes Superstock 1000 race at Laguna Seca yesterday. Martinez was 35 & fernandez 27.

please log in to view this image

6. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

RIP Alex Rocco.

Not a world famous actor, but talented nonetheless. Film lovers would recognise him as Moe Greene from The Godfather but he had a fair few roles throughout his career.

Aside from being Moe Green, he was also the voice of Roger Meyers Jnr in The Simpsons (Itchy, Scratchy and Marge) but the voice was then split cast between Hank Azaria and Dan Castellaneta.

"You kids don't know what you want, that's why you're still kids, 'cause your stupid."

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

In memory of long-time Hull City fan Jean Fish

Hull City Supporters Trust was saddened to hear recently of the passing of life long Hull City fan Jean Fish.

Jean regularly attended City games from just after the resumption of football after the Second World War until 2011 when she became a little frail to manage it.

Jean was born Jean Sergeant on the 5th September 1925. It was a match day – Hull City beat Bradford City 1-0 at Valley Parade. Even the midwife was a big fan of The Tigers!

Jean met her future husband Tom Fish during the war, both having left Ainthorpe Grove School, and together they followed City until starting a family. Tom made Jean a folding box to take to the matches as she stood only five foot one.

When their daughter Georgina was old enough to accompany them – Jean and Tom became regulars at Boothferry Park again in 1971 and continued their support long after Georgina had moved to Coventry in her job as a teacher. They only missed games in very cold weather as Jean suffered from Reynaud’s phenomenon, a circulatory disease that caused pain in her hands in the cold.

That must have been particularly painful as Jean wasn’t one to miss the games lightly. She attended one game despite having chest pains and breathing difficulties when walking to the ground. The following day she was rushed to Hull Royal Infirmary and was diagnosed as having had a massive angina attack. Not to fuss, she just said “I was alright once I sat down.”

The stewards at Boothferry Park considered Jean a lucky omen. They’d say “Oh good, you’re here. They usually do well if you’re here!”

Sadly, Tom was only able to see City a couple of times in the Premier League finding the excitement a bit too much after suffering a massive heart attack in 2008 but Jean continued to attend with Georgina as long as she possibly could. After that, Jean and Tom would listen to the commentary on Radio Humberside every Saturday without fail.

Remarkably, Georgina told us “At the age of 88, she saved my place for me in the queue for FA Cup Final tickets until I arrived from Coventry. She and Dad (at the time a sprightly 91) then returned at 1am with a flask of tea, a blanket and a hot water bottle. It was theoretically for me but they decided to stay and enjoy the atmosphere. Mum sat tucked up my beach chair going to the Sports Bar to warm up every so often. In fact the manager there allowed her to stay for quite a while, contrary to his instructions that the fans could only go straight in and out to use the toilets. They were finally persuaded to go home at 3am as it had become very cold and threatened to rain!”

Jean and Tom watched the game itself on TV barely believing that Hull City had made an FA Cup Final in their lifetime.

Sadly, Jean passed away in 2015. She’ll be pleased to know her daughter and granddaughter continue to follow City, despite being based in Coventry and Sheffield.

HCST would like to offer our sincere condolences to Jean’s family and friends and particularly to Tom and Georgina.

http://hullcitysupporterstrust.com/a-tribute-to-long-time-hull-city-fan-jean-fish/

8. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Racing commentator Sir Peter O'Sullevan has died at the age of 97.

9. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Racing commentator Sir Peter O'Sullevan has died at the age of 97

R.I.P.

A true legend of the mic. Horse Racing has never been the same since he retired.

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

:emoticon-0112-wonde

11. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

<cheers>

12. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

One from the old school, RIP.

13. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Racing commentator Sir Peter O'Sullevan has died at the age of 97. But he's putting up a struggle.

14. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

A friend of my mother claimed that Peter O'Sullevan flashed her, at Beverley races I think it was.

15. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

Aye. 97 no age.

16. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

17. Quill

Quill Bastard

Former professional wrestler and actor Roddy Piper has passed away at the age of 61. I loved watching his stuff when I was younger.

Also, They Live is a class film.

RIP

18. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

I liked him he was funny and a decent actor, those steroids have a lot to fear.

19. Quill

Quill Bastard

20. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Country singer Lynn Anderson, RIP.

EDIT: Where the ****'s an August RIP thread when you need one