1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Roman is selling the Club - statement on official site right now…

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bristol Blue, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

This.
    To tell you the truth I couldn't give two ****s about whats happening in the Ukraine to be honest.
    If Roman's done something illegal then he needs to be nailed for it, but I am a football fan not a political correspondent.
    Too many virtue signalling ****s these days, especially on football forums. Most forum footie fans are the worst kind. They know **** all about anything other than what some biased rag has reported or whatever echo chamber they subscribe to online has been vomiting out.
    Then they come online and act as if their righteous outrage is all about morality, when its just a chance for them to **** on a rival football team.

All we have heard for the last 20 years is how Roman financially doped our club, now all of a sudden, its been funding Ukrainian deaths. If Roman is paying money to Putin, then him owning Chelsea has actually saved Ukrainian lives, since it has swallowed up £1.5bn of Romans money that would have otherwise been spent on killing Ukrainians.

Diego and Bullet tooth Tony like this.
  2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Well most Governments only show consistency when they approve things, as long as they get a tidy sum of money in return !!
    I don't understand why sales from merchandise, tickets etc can't go straight towards keeping employed all the people who work for the Club behind the scenes, now apparently being laid off or put on leave. Anyway, let's hope a sale to a worthy owner happens soon.

3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Totally agree. The government is conflating turnover with shareholder profit for Roman

4. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

The way I understand it, the club has been confiscated by the British government from Roman Abramovich so it seems rather odd that the club cannot now sell match day tickets and merchandise. I would have thought that the club would now be being administered by the government - with no loss of ticket sales and merchandise sales - until a private buyer is found.

Tobes likes this.
  5. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

well as an outsider who has no love to say the least for Chelsea totally agree and have done from day it was announced . The logic behind it is beyond me but then i remember the responsible Govt Minister is Nadine Dorries :emoticon-0181-fubar

please log in to view this image

Bristol Blue likes this.