1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Routledge and Bony : Magic together !

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by roofjack_22, Apr 14, 2014.

1. roofjack_22

roofjack_22 Well-Known Member

The interaction between these two players , and on there own , will keep us up themselves...... Pure Premier League class .

2. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

I hope so. Routledge has certainly be playing well. Correspondingly, Dyer has been largely ineffective. Quite frankly I'd rather see JDG in that slot and with Pablo on the field it gives us a lot of flexibility and fluidity with players interchanging positions .... or for that matter play Poz.

3. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Yesterdays game , I thought that Monk would sacrifice Dyer instead of Pablo as we know he has the ability to create and deliver a final ball ,something which Dyer lacks and in my opinion would have given Chelsea a lot more to deal with.

4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I thought he would have sacrificed Dyer too.

5. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

My thoughts as well was Dyer initially but could see the logic in Pablo coming off to keep our shape. Plus Dyer is very good in his defensive duties, he did plenty of tracking back and covering yesterday.

Such a shame really as Pablo was having a decent game, much more lively than Michu. Great link up play with Leon and Shelvey, just hope the we can get some points this weekend. PLEASE!!!!!!

6. neveroffsidereff

Sorry that post was off topic. Mods will be after me!! :)

Routledge is looking a fine player now, the one ball he pulled out of the air in our own 18 yard book and swivelled with the ball still on his foot and he was away. As they say UNBELIEVABLE TEEKERS!!!! :)

7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

That was an amazing bit of skill , I've watched over and over again , the lad is certainly flexible :wink:

8. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Yes .he looked gutted when he was coming off , he should start in front of Michu atm for me .

9. beppeswan

beppeswan Active Member

And the one when he rolled the ball along his chest just after him and bony linked up with the bony back heel quality, excuse my french but terry is a w@nker

10. neveroffsidereff

I wouldn't play Michu again this season. Pablo offers much more for us at the moment, having being at the Norwich game I didn't think he offered us anything.

11. neveroffsidereff

The double back heal by Routledge and Bony was class.

I don't speak french Beppe, but I thought Terry was a ****ing ****er.

12. roofjack_22

That back heel interaction play with Routs was beyond superb , total class and made me proud that other fans must endure such movement against theyre team .

13. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

John Terry was born a ****ing ****er.

14. Dragonborn

Dragonborn Active Member

It's interesting that JDG is being touted as an effective winger and I can see why. Thing is he fell out with one of his coaches in Spain for that reason as he didn't want to play there.

15. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Unless he saw Dyer as offering more in defence as he gets back whereas Pablo doesn't do so well in supporting the full backs.

16. neveroffsidereff

As were talking about this prick, did you see his deliberately pulling the shirt of a Chelsea player (not sure who it was) at a corner in the second half, and when said player goes to ground gesticulates to suggest it was a pen. Cheating bastard!!! No change for him as he has form, just ask Wayne Bridge.

17. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Worked once, brilliantly, with Michu but failed on six or seven other attempts.
    It's choosing when tether than with who in my opinion.

18. roofjack_22

I'm got myself used to the fact , and think most would agree , Bony will leave in tne summer. My bigger worry is I suspect we will get a lot of " Bargain " bids for Routledge and we should revamp his contract and anything else we can to retain him . Of course your right bob about missing more attempts than making with back feel and trickery ......but that nice one , as they say in darts ....ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY !!

19. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Routs is player of the season for me, taken it up another level when others have been faultering,his defensive game has improved immensely and he is without doubt the most gifted and skillful player we have,Laudrup thought he was a great talent by all accounts and he has played with a few so should know.

Bony was my player of the year until Routs toasted the chelsea full back, wilf has scored goals and done everything asked. Bony is without doubt the best centre half at the club ! he has probably saved us 6 goals with his near post defensive clearences and you can see him improve with every game.

I think the board will sell him in the summer because he will want to go,he signed up for a progressive football club and one that was going to be a stepping stone to greater things, anyone could see early on he was going to be some player when fully fit and up to speed, its worrying the amount of our fans who cant see things like that !

Routs is fulfilling his massive potential, if he gets more love from the fans im sure he will get even better as he has always been a confidence player,he has skills others can only dream about :)

I wish there was a you tube video of Routs tricks and flicks, people remember trundle but routs is doing similar kinds of things against some of the worlds best!

20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Well for those who can John terry est un anglais "wander" ( "glandouilleur