1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumour Mill/Wishlist Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Itchen North Matt, May 6, 2011.

1. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

Danns is nearly out of contract so could be a possible but he has a habit of making rash and stupid decisions which spoil his overall game.
    We have Martin, Gobern and possibly Doble tring to find a way into our plans. Others also from our kids such as those just signed on contract will be pushing for a start or two. If the management really think that one or two of our youngsters can make the grade I can see us getting one or two additions at most.

2. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

Jack Cork. Sensational player. Him and Schneiderlin would get us promoted.

3. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

Jack did well when on loan and I was really sorry to see him return to his club.

4. Huddersaint

Huddersaint Member

If you look at the strategy used to get us out of league one, it involved buying a mix of the best of talent in our league (barnard / lambert) with proven talent from the league above (Chaplow /fonte), providing a bedrock for the season after promotion mix in a few more speculative signings (forte, Guly) to provide options. I expect a similar strategy this season, so expect a few reasonably high profile championship players, maybe a relegated or bench warming prem and perhaps another overseas player.

5. daldridge7

daldridge7 Member

6. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

We must keep Luke Shaw AT ALL COSTS him and James Ward-Prowse are going to be stars

7. North Hants Saint

Arsenal can quite frankly - fudge off.

Unless they cough up £15 million for him and Chamberlain and give us a decent loan player ;)

8. SFCJordi

SFCJordi Active Member

That loan player would have be Fabregas or Van Persie though ;)

9. North Hants Saint

Or Nasri. Otherwise no deal.

10. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

Arsenal can quite frankly do one..., Why are they trying to takre all of OUR starlets.. when quite frankly there first team havn't won a trophy in 6 years..

It seems that we have prob one, if not the best academy atm.. producing the best players.., but we saints are a championship squad 1 league away from promotion and our youngsters are gonna want to be part of the team that gets us promoted.. Luke shaw/ward-prowse/chamberlain/hoskins and doble... all young 16-18 year olds that are going to come in and do a FANTASTIC job for us.. we won't need to make signings.

we don't really need to make any signings bar 2!! we have the players coming through to make our squad a premier league class... Just a shame our club was in turmoil when we sold the best left sided player to grace england in seems like 20 years :/

11. saintgreg10

saintgreg10 Well-Known Member

Just heard this one:

"Southampton will sign defensive midfielder, Jan Hable on a season long loan this summer. The former Czech under-21 is currently co-owned by Italian clubs Fiorentina and Ascoli and will arrive at St Marys to bolster the midfield. Hable will be the third overseas signing brought to Southampton in the Liebherr era (Papa Waigo and Guly Do Prado being the other two), this is thanks largely to Nicola Cortese's conections to the Fiorentina board of directors."

Had a look at his profile, looks quite good, could add some strength to the midfield.

12. NorthamHH

NorthamHH New Member

Anyone think Adam Le Fondre could make the step up??
    I know he's never played above League 2 but there's been many players who have made the step up after plenty of people thinking they couldn't (Austin from the Wessex, C-M-S from the Blue Square South, McLean from the Blue Square South). I can't help but think in a much better team than Rotherham, he would help himself to 20 goals a season. I heard we couldn't get him anyway because of his family commitments up in Rotherham etc but i'd like to see any bigger club go in for him really.

13. JDub

JDub Well-Known Member

Le Fondre is overrated and small.

14. bpl234

bpl234 Member

I see Cortese took £600k for six months work................

15. Dyslexic Saint

Well it appears he made the right decision when it mattered. So fairplay to him for getting a decent bonus.

16. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Saints is a privately owned club. Cortese wages are not set by him but by his employer. Markus only bought the club if Nicola would run it. Presumably he gave up a pretty good job to do that. If you wanted Alan Shearer to wait on tables, he wouldn't do it for £6 an hour, he'd want you to match his earnings. It's the same old stirrers at work (not meaning you bpl234).

17. saintsfcfan

saintsfcfan Well-Known Member

Is it true about chambo's mum talking to solent about him staying?

18. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Heard about that by hear say only, but Chamberlain on Saints player said how great it was at Southampton and he was looking forward to next year.

19. saintsfcfan

saintsfcfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, him on the saints player sounded like he was really enjoying it and couldn't wait for next season.

20. Ashh

Ashh New Member

Just stumbled apon this forum and thought i'd start posting as I haven't found a saints forum with so many members thus far.

Would like to see us sign Natianal Clyne from Palace , I know he's already been mentioned but I'm sure we can get him for a decent price and he's a cracking right back. Same goes with Neil danns who again would be a good signing from palace , would seriously strengthen our midfield and would allow us more room to comftably play a 5 in midfield with back ups.

Also seen people suggest Matt Philips and Dale Jennings both in my eyes are great young players and people we should be encouraging into the squad as we look to build a young competitive squad but I feel only Jennings would be happy behind Chamberlain and Lallana as its still a step up from Tranmere although I think he's more likely to stay closer to home with Everton or Liverpool most probably the blues.

Its apparent to us all we need a centre back and the only real though ive had is st ledger now Preston have been relegated , I'm sure he will be available at a decent not over the top price even though he was receiving it rest from clubs like Everton only two season back. Although talking to some Preston and Boro fans I know there not singing his praises more suggesting he's useless.

I can see us going in for a striker , Nugent doesn't take my fancy and neither does Murray even though both would be free. As good as CMS was last year I think we should target someone that's already been there and done it at this level and would be a bit cheeper than the £3mil I've heard thrown around about CMS. Maybe a Robert Earnshaw? Quick with a good eye for goal , I notice he hasn't been used much at forest lately , does anyone know if that's form or compition in the squad? Last time I watched him he was still at the top of the goalscorring charts so I haven't seen him for a while.

Also with the permeant signing of Dale Stephens I think that would be enough , maybe a little bit to much but the foundations for a good competitive squad for a campaign in the championship :)