1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rwanda - can it get any dafter?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by FosseFilberto, Apr 23, 2024.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Article from the BBC sums up how ludicrous the whole plan is - must admit I didn't realise just how daft the whole thing is ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68841417

Silliest thing is that we are shipping people out there to have their cases heard - so if they should actually be successful with their asylum claims we then have to bring them back to live in the UK <yikes>

Are you seriously telling me that this will be cheaper than simply employing enough staff to process asylum claims here?

We are also attempting to bypass or side step numerous human rights conventions in order to send people there in the first place - any of which could result in those denied them coming back on appeal ...

Utter madness - completely ludicrous.

PINKIE likes this.
  2. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

That stupid brown **** running this country

I wish someone had deported his parents

BobbyD, Treble, Sucky and 3 others like this.
  3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Stop the boats innit

Sort of **** that the Tories think will appeal to their core voters

Doesn't matter how much it costs or whether it actually works

That's where that party is at right now.

Edelman likes this.
  4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Thats what makes me despair.
    People just see "Ship them off the Rwanda" and start whooping and high fiving each other like ******s, without putting any thought into how much the whole thing will cost or whether it will actually be successful.
    I am open to any and all options regarding mass immigration. I am by no means anti immigration but realise there has to be caps and limitations and screening processes etc, after all we dont want to be letting just any degenerates into the country, but I really cannot see how this is going to work, any which way you look at it, seems like one of the dumbest things ever proposed!!

BobbyD, FosseFilberto and PINKIE like this.
  5. Solid Alboland

Solid Alboland Well-Known Member

err no as the Bill states the asylum claim will be heard and if asylum granted it will be in Rwanda. The real pointless bit is the maximum number that can be sent is 400 and for this we have paid £500m <doh>

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think most people other than the outward racist ******s want to see a proper immigration policy that grants asylum to those who are fleeing war / torture etc and deports those who come here for economic reasons without applying for visas etc.

The Tories’ Rwanda policy addresses neither. In practice it would only likely send a few hundred people to Rwanda out of the 50k asylum applicants that need processing. So it’s not even designed to deal with the issue, it’s just an attempt to make it look like a deterrent, when the actual people making the crossings either don’t even know about it, or are so desperate, they’ll just ignore it anyway.

It doesn’t work as a deterrent and it doesn’t work as a viable asylum processing system.

In short it’s an expensive, poorly thought out ****tard attempt to appeal to frightened old Tory voters who think brown people are here to clog up their hospitals and steal their homes.

It also might be designed to antagonise the ECJ as it flouts so many human rights laws, and give the Tories an excuse to try and take the UK out of the jurisdiction of the European court of justice.

7. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Look at the penultimate paragraph in the article ....

8. brb

brb CR250

I always look at it as if what would I do if I was in power.

1. I would open up to migrant workers, I couldn't give you numbers because I don't have a clue on numbers, but whatever we need to fulfil the job vacancies. And none of this less than minimum wage shhite, a proper legal wage and any accomodation arrangements are in addition to their wage, not part of their wage, you want them, you pay for them.

2. Set up a proper asylum system, in discussions with France. In which we make an agreement with the EU if any migrants then come across on a boat or lorry they are sent straight back, stop the criminality, save lives, no bucking any legitimate system set up.

3. Also set a quota for each council to take of asylum seekers, none of this putting your hand up if you want them, EVERY council forced to take them. So for example if you live in Dover, they shouldn't be taking more asylum seekers than someone in Cornwall. Much like you can't have Abe saying but they are taking our jobs or Pinkie saying they are taking our housing from the poor, you can't be having it both ways. Although you would logically put them where they are more required economically, probably Thanet lol.

4. I'd probably move people like Pinkie back to London, free up a property in sunny Cornwall for those in more need. I'm sure we can set him up a shed outside Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for him.

5. In other words, I aint got a clue but just fooking sort it out.

Moto: give me the solution not the problem.

VOTE brb

Please send donations to...

please log in to view this image

BobbyD and PINKIE like this.
  9. Solid Alboland

that is just pure conjecture unlike my statement .

10. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Just waiting to see how infosys profits from this is all.

PINKIE likes this.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh>

started off ****… got worse lol

but part of the problem this govt have created for themselves is removing all safe routes for asylum, so that’s why we have so many people trying to get here via illegal routes.

I know there’s no easy answer, but the first thing I would do is have a proper system for people seeking asylum to enter the UK and be assessed. That requires huge investment into border force and home office, but would likely work out cheaper than this hair brained Rwanda scheme

you could then set some proper quotas, issue visas, citizenship schemes etc and alongside an immigration policy, get people into work where it’s needed.

The wider issue, which is probably harder to deal with is the underlying issues that mean people flee their countries seeking asylum. On the world stage the UK has a big role to play in applying diplomatic, financial and military pressure/support to countries where wars rage and human rights abuses take place.

our moral compass as a country here tends to be wayward. We support Ukraine against Russian expansionist agenda. But we also arm and support Israel who are the same expansionist aggressors in Palestine.

We also sell arms to countries and regimes who flout our own international agreements, so we are also part of the root cause of people seeking asylum in the first place.

12. brb

brb CR250

You were supposed to give the solution not the problem, all you did was add more anti this anti that to the problem. You're FIRED!

Just adjusting quota numbers up for Cornwall as we speak now...

please log in to view this image

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Well that’s why I mentioned having a proper asylum system. Opening up safe routes. And investing into the border force and home office.

We could also stick to our own rules about who we sell arms to.

14. brb

brb CR250

But this isn't really about arms or Palestinians or Israel blah blah blah, we have a war thread for that bolloxs.

It's about how to resolve our asylum system problems - Making us more welcoming, while fighting criminality, also how we ensure all councils play their role, so every UK citizen is onboard with this and how it will all be fully funded and to ensure the required shelter is available.

15. brb

brb CR250

I'm bored already now.

PINKIE likes this.
  16. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Well the Germans did one ... and had to bring him back - so 100% return rate for them <laugh>

17. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Have you tried a sightseeing tour? ...

Rwanda is very nice this time of year, I'm hearing ..and the government are offering free flights, free accommodation and, more than likely, free return and possible compo if your visit doesn't meet their expectations <laugh>

PINKIE and brb like this.
  18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Again, that’s why I said we need a proper asylum system that opens up safe routes and properly assesses asylum claims, migrant claims and works with an immigration system. All of which requires investment into border force and home office.

I could mention it a 3rd time if you like <laugh>

19. Solid Alboland

link ?

20. brb

brb CR250

All looks and sounds very nice, as a freebie it would be well worth considering - probably nice to explore. Rather have a freebie in Europe somewhere.