1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rwanda - can it get any dafter?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by FosseFilberto, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Solid Alboland

Solid Alboland Well-Known Member

Still true hence Boris during Brexit telling the Bangladeshi restaurant owners that if Brexit happened it would free up visas to make it easier to bring in Chefs - and the silly ****ers believed him . Almost as gullible as the DUP :bandit:

brb and FosseFilberto like this.
  2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> <doh>

3. brb

brb CR250

Just a thought on your first line, Afghanistan showed that it does not take much to overturn what people may be accustomed to, civil unrest aided by militia with arms could soon implement Sharia Law - as you see with Palestinian marches in London, it only takes one voice to cause trouble, and unless they are pulled back into the right side of the law, some people are easily led. England is only a fraction of the size of Afghanistan albeit double the population.Even Christian values towards women in this country are still sometimes prehistoric, if we went back to the 70's I'd argue that women were well behind men in what was freely accepted (UK's own kind of SL), I'm not completely convinced that some Christian men wouldn't mind something similar to Sharia Law. For me this is about the attitude of men as a whole, not just the religion.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
    BobbyD likes this.
  4. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Rule of thumb buddy ... simpler times... <laugh>

brb likes this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

Ffs <laugh>

Stay at home, get in the kitchen, look after the kids, and if you are good woman I'll give you some pocket money. The UKs very own Christian version of Sharia Law.

Glad you saw my point though. <ok>

BobbyD and FosseFilberto like this.
  6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Sounds awesome, where do I sign my wife up?

brb likes this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

@luvgonzo will certainly being signing up to it, put a ban on buying house shhite. <laugh>

luvgonzo likes this.
  8. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

It's a stupid policy.

It's expensive, it's targetting a minority which aren't even a drop in the migrant ocean and is purely for some decent headlines to attract Reform UK voters, many of whom won't even end up voting Reform at an election anyway.

The Tory party is a disaster, they have been in charge for 14 years, apart from some major decisions like the Scottish and Brexit Ref, what have they actually accomplished? What have the Tories done?

Nothing.

6 years of mediocrity under David Cameron, Theresa May 2 years of misguided leadership, Boris Johnson 2 years of confused leadership, Truss 2 and a half weeks of ****ing disasterous leadership and Rishi 2 years of no leadership.

It's been more a testament to how ****ing atrocious first Miliband and then Corbyn were as opposition leaders to be honest that we have somehow had 14 ****ing years of Tory.

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Indeed
    Milliband was bland and milquetoast, I always preferred his brother, the other Milliband.
    Corbyn was just a ****ing hippy marxist twat who would have destroyed this country.

Of those, and May, and Truss, and Boris, I never thought i'd be sat here 14 years later saying David Cameron was the best of the lot of them.
    He at least delivered on his manifesto for the most part, but then dipped when the Brexit referendum result humiliated him, presumably because he foresaw the **** storm up ahead.
    Am not a huge fan of Starmer, but he cant be anywhere near as bad as Sunak. A Billionaire investor who is so far removed from the common voter he may aswell be a ****ing alien. Telling people with mental conditions to just "ignore your depression" and get on with your work......"Earn and pay taxes, you ****ing peasants!"
    Ive known loads of lazy, work shy ****s and I have known people with legit mental illness, and they are not even close to being the same thing!
    Plus the batshit Rwanda plan, Record inflation.........Nah!
    Get Starmer in and give him a go at the next election, see what kinda minerals the Labour party have these days now the radical element has been deposed.

10. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

In fairness, neither had a hope in Hell because neither looked or spoke 'like a Tory' in stark contrast to Blair ... and now Starmer <whistle>

Big Ern and Saf like this.

11. Welshie

It wasn't that it was going to be a "****show" he could have continued leading the party.

It's that he banked on winning that election and silencing an element of the Tory party that had been forming since the Thatcher years, in that referendum they defeated the sitting prime minister which in British politics means one thing, your political power is gone. In truth, Cameron could not have continued as elements of the party would have expected "their guy" to be in charge.

The issues formed when they couldn't agree on who their guy was, Gove had support from just as many of them as Boris did. So, May came in as that "uniting force" her plan was to host cabinet meetings in a "Okay, what does everyone think, can we all agree?" way, so she was never a leader, never ready for it. This is all seen on a Laura Kuenssberg documentary on Youtube.

Corbyn simply couldn't campaign. He was no match for Johnson, Corbyns election message was always confused, he had 1000 ideas and more than half didnt resonate with the electorate. Boris had 1 idea and it was on the biggest issue in the nation "Get Brexit Done." Easy.

12. Welshie

I think "Like a Tory" is what everyone in the rest of the world calls "Like a politician."

People want their politicians to be politicians, preferrably centre left. But if none of them are sensible enough, they go for a centre right.

As soon as either go too far one way or another, the electorate abandons them.

The UK is a nation with two huge centrist parties that have insane elements lurking in the wings, in times of crisis these elements take over a party entirely and spend time in the wilderness.

Cameron was only slightly more right than Blair. He was an OK Prime Minister because he really didn't change all that much.

In essence, Corbyn was always going to happen to Labour, just like the next Tory leader will be even more right wing.

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

<ok>
    For sure.
    As soon as I saw his first campaign video and he opened with "Hello My name is Jeremy Corbyn, and my pronouns are He/Him......" I slapped my forehead and was like "ok well you just ****ed up any and all chances of ever winning a general election, you ****ing moose head"

Big Ern and Diego like this.
  14. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Not me - not all politicians in the world are Oxbridge educated and dress like a Suits You mannequin...

15. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Can it get any dafter, maybe not but can it get funnier

upload_2024-4-24_15-40-5.png

16. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Exactly this, I’d vote for brb…

Big Ern and brb like this.
  17. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

The last Tory government had 18 years before this lot took over in 2010. I can see us being Labour now until about 2038.

18. Welshie

Easy.

Unless somehow Labour orchestrate their own downfall of course.

Saf likes this.
  19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

All governments orchestrate their own downfall tbf.

But often circumstance can dictate this. Always find the 1992 GE interesting. Had John Major lost that (as expected) Kinnock would've come in with a smaller majority (than Blair 5 yrs later). The ERM would still have collapsed, we still would've had Black Wednesday. Recession would still have happened. Labour would've got the blame. Tories would've won the 1997 GE and with the economic boom of the 2000's would've stayed in power for another decade.

It's a funny old game.

20. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

A little naive here, maybe. I give them 3 terms, at the most.

I agree with Trebs about governments orchestrating their own downfall, I’d also add the media to that. Once they’ve had enough and want change, they’ll just dirty the current government and blame them for everything. Seen that happen on both sides.

Diego and Treble like this.